clothing with dcs?

Bobik2002

Wouldn't there be some copyright issues with that though? I think OP asking about DCS-designed clothing. I know I'd buy a shirt/hat/whatever. I spend most of my fun money on DCS-related stuff already anyway.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I think if you use there logo and put it on items and sell them you would need to contact them for authorization and also they would have to take a cut of the sales.

If you making it for yourself I think your ok but don't quote me on it. Better to talk to someone from ED themselves to avoid any legal problems

-edit

After some searching, yeah it is technically illegal. At least for the guys making the shirts, which I guess puts them in that position at least.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Why would anyone be offended that you wearing their brand on your shirt publicly. If you earn money by their brand its different. But actually you are like walking advertisement.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Edit - Well what I know is that a lot of printing shirts services explicitly ask you not to send copyrighted images and so. But yes maybe ED could consider it free advertising... but their permission is needed. So if someone from ED could say something about this matter, we all would know.

Edited by nessuno0505

Further searching, it seems you can do some things under fair use, provided it's in a non-commercial setting. For example, you putting imagery on a shirt you plan to wear yourself as a one off - probably ok. You ordering a shirt from a commercial entity - not ok... for them, because that counts as distribution on their end.

So my initial statement was incorrect. You can't just order it from a service provider.

@Wexler

It's not about being offended you're wearing it. It's about another commercial entity profiting off their IP, in essence being competition.

Clothing WITH DCS??? Well usually I put on speedos and nothing else since me old lady sez you should look the part being the alpha male killing all those pesky insurgents. Luckily, my Adonis torso fits the fantasy ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

You can't just order it from a service provider.

But maybe you can buy iron-tranferable printable paper, print a DCS logo by yourself and then transfer it on a t-shirt.

Like always anything doing with trademarks and copyrights your better off asking before doing. Save you the headache of problems in the future.

Better safe then sorry as they say.

thumbup.gif I think this is the best option for sure!

@Zhukov.

as I said. If you have it for personal use and not commercial activity, Its all right. Once you start selling it, its not ok anymore. I guess that dev seeing someone wearing their logo on t shirt will create smile on their face rather than thinking about sue. Unless they look for the source and learn that there is mass production and someone is making money with it.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

If you really want someone to ask you about your flight sim hobby just do as I did... walk around in public with a TrackIR clip attached to your ballcap. No T-shirt needed.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If you really want someone to ask you about your flight sim hobby just do as I did... walk around in public with a TrackIR clip attached to your ballcap. No T-shirt needed.

I got overly complacent with my wireless headset and wandered out into the apartment parking lot, including IR lights and thick cable in my pocket (battery) made it half way to my car before realising I could still hear Subnautica...

There are iron-on sheets made, just make or take an image, use your computer to print it to the transfer sheet and hey presto you have a unofficial DCS item.

Copyright laws are generally only about using something to make a dollar...so you couldn’t print a shirt and sell it. You could give it away as a gift. Make two or more to “give away” and that gets iffy.

• 1 year later...

Everything is copyrighted..sooooo..But if ED made those shirts in varying styles/colors, coffee mugs etc...... I would definitely buy!....This Sim is worth advertising, am i right pilots?!:pilotfly:

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

Or Oculus Quest in passthrough mode dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Everything is copyrighted..sooooo..But if ED made those shirts in varying styles/colors, coffee mugs etc...... I would definitely buy!....This Sim is worth advertising, am i right pilots?!:pilotfly:

I would gladly buy t shirts and mugs and any other products if ED created them.

Clothing WITH DCS??? Well usually I put on speedos and nothing else since me old lady sez you should look the part being the alpha male killing all those pesky insurgents. Luckily, my Adonis torso fits the fantasy ;)

Excellent! :thumbup:

But in Canada we all fly naked with a very powerful fan under the table aimed right at the thrustmaster.

You never feel quite so airborne and free as when you have a stiff breeze perking up your Dudley Do-Right. :joystick:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!