[POLYCHOP] Kiowa Warrior Detailed Intro Videos

Even though these videos can be found in another thread on these forums, this new thread will keep things more organised as I will be updating the opening post whenever a new video is released.

Barandus, a former OH-58D Kiowa Warrior (instructor) pilot, is one of the subject matter experts who work with, not for, Polychop to ensure the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior module will be as accurate and authentic as possible.

In the video's below, Barandus explains in great detail the various procedures, switchology and the inner workings of the systems with a lot of in depth background information.

These videos are uncut, unedited and provide you with a good picture of where we are at in the development proces. The videos will show bugs and things that need to be added, fixed or adjusted.

Kiowa Warrior Detailed Intro Pt 1 - Cockpit Orientation

Kiowa Warrior Detailed Intro Pt 2 - Before Starting Engine and Cockpit Setup

Kiowa Warrior Detailed Intro Pt 3 - Engine Start to Idle

Kiowa Detailed Intro - Pt 4

Video by Casmo and Barundus on Scout Weapon tactics featuring the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior module

See Syria by air...in the Kiowa! Is this map good for helicopter ops?

Edited by Polychop Simulations
  • Like 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very enjoyable, looking forward to Vid 5!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

thanks for the very detailed videos!

after listening to Barandus for more than just a few minutes, I felt like I have been sitting in the Kiowa right beside him. and I wanted to stay there for some more time. good job and thanks :thumbup:

EDIT: is it Barandus (OP) or Barundus (Youtube)? ;)

Great video and instruction. Really enjoyable !

Cant wait for VID 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Hey folks, I'll work on vid 5 in the series soon. Releases will start to slow down because I'll reach the point where showing alpha builds of the screens, menus, etc will be counterproductive, as there are still features that aren't implemented. Talking in depth about something that is yet to be fully fleshed-out or already identified as needing correction would just add confusion or false expectations.

With that said, I'll definitely continue to provide content for stuff I feel you might find value in.

Thanks u mister.

The kneeboards in your video set can be publish ?

I work on a fully kneeboard set like i did for the av-8 and its will be helpful:)

Cant wait for next video and if u like please show us some outside behavior.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

• 1 month later...

Thank you for this, looking forward to more, and of course the release!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I doubt that sir! :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Folks - thanks for your patience!

I've been delaying a new series of vids until the displays and FM are more "complete".

I plan to do a comprehensive series of explanatory vids to delve deep into the various sub-systems, menus, and techniques of employment.

No sense in doing anything now, until the systems are more in a final state.

PC's working hard! <I'm just as anxious as you to experience the final product>

Two weeks!

"Two weeks!"

Got me all excited... like the sound of that!

You must be new to DCS... :megalol:

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Folks - thanks for your patience!

I've been delaying a new series of vids until the displays and FM are more "complete".

I plan to do a comprehensive series of explanatory vids to delve deep into the various sub-systems, menus, and techniques of employment.

No sense in doing anything now, until the systems are more in a final state.

PC's working hard! <I'm just as anxious as you to experience the final product>

Two weeks!

I can only speak for myself, but for me it doesn't have to be the next deep dive guide.

Just taking the KW out for a ride and showing off while giving us some insights on how to fly the bird would make the waiting quite a bit shorter :music_whistling:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Small video please

I agree some insight video as to how to fly would be super informative and also pass the time till it comes out. Especially with how hard I heard it was to fly the last Polychop bird. No offense.....Just what I had heard.