Wing flex/over wing vapor.

WelshZeCorgi

Because of how the wing is structured internally? It is a lot thicker/stronger than the wings of say an F-18 or F-16.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't bend AT ALL. You could assume it wouldn't bend much but to say it wouldn't bend at all sounds absurd. It's still made out of aluminum, not tungsten.

As anecdotal is it may be, I've worked alongside vets of the first Iraq war and one commented on how the wings on the A10s always looked like they were folding up whenever they pulled out of their attack runs. I'm inclined to believe his "folding up" description to be an embellishment, but otherwise he described wing flex on an A10.

And other members on the forum have described observing wing flex as well, at airshows with the A10, to the point that they describe panels popping off the wing, canceling the A10 from further participating in the airshow that day.

So am I saying that they need to flex 90 degrees in a 10 degree bank turn? No.

Should they flex a little? I don't see why not.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

• 2 weeks later...

In this video there is not that much external load on the wings it seems, but the wings are really not that flexible... I also expected them more flexing.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Warthog wings do not flex.

00:30-00:58

once again, stating that they do not move much, but they do flex. Seems like a demo, so no weight on pylons, probrably not fully fuel, saving weight, and weather appears to be rather clear and calm.

(also probrably not pulling the same amount of Gs one would expect an A10C would in order to avoid fire.)

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

Everything flexes under stress... Either that, or it breaks...

But, given the fact that the A-10 wings flex is so minimal one can't (really) see it, I'd personally say, spending anything more than 1 hour of development on this would a waste of ED resources

No disrespect meant and I did my best, but I can't see any flex in that video WelshZeCorgi

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

once again, stating that they do not move much, but they do flex. Seems like a demo, so no weight on pylons, probrably not fully fuel, saving weight, and weather appears to be rather clear and calm.

(also probrably not pulling the same amount of Gs one would expect an A10C would in order to avoid fire.)

Somebody who works with A-10's in real life tells you they do not flex. I'm not sure why you think you know better.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

In this video is no wingflex... The wings look bent because of the fisheye lens of the camera.

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

In this video is no wingflex... The wings look bent because of the fisheye lens of the camera.

There is very minor wing flex. It's just not really as noticeable as on the F-16 or F/A-18.

Nothing speaks against some visual improvements. But most people aren't going super fast in the A-10 to see the wings bend noticeably so that it would be worth the implementation.

9:32-9:38 a little bit on the wing on the left ?.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

There is very minor wing flex. It's just not really as noticeable as on the F-16 or F/A-18.

Nothing speaks against some visual improvements. But most people aren't going super fast in the A-10 to see the wings bend noticeably so that it would be worth the implementation.

And if that's the case, fine. Wingflex too minimal it's a waste of time to implement. But I'm not sure why so many are trying to gaslight me over something so trivial in this Don't-believe-your-lying-eyes bonanza.

And if that's the case, fine. Wingflex too minimal it's a waste of time to implement. But I'm not sure why so many are trying to gaslight me over something so trivial in this Don't-believe-your-lying-eyes bonanza.

The F-86 module got minimal wing flex modeled, so why not?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this one clears up the wing flex issue.

Live combat pit cam, with payload and doing high G turns.

There's a fair bit of flexing going on

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

to be fair, the actual flex is not very big, but in the hi g turns and through turbulence, the wings clearly flex

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic,