Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

When I spawn an A2A mission, how do I find it? I can't seem to see anything in the coms menu.

Is there by any chance a link to a document or something that explains how to use all the features while in game? I didn't see anything like that in the OP but maybe I missed it...

When I spawn an A2A mission, how do I find it? I can't seem to see anything in the coms menu.

Is there by any chance a link to a document or something that explains how to use all the features while in game? I didn't see anything like that in the OP but maybe I missed it...

A2A missions are just random bandit spawns in a random location.

You can see where they are via:

- F10 Map if you have all units visible (this is the default setting)

- Call the AI AWACS via 251 Mhz AM

- Look at the EWRS Reports that pop up on the top right of your screen that show the bandit's position from you .

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 06/02/2020 - 1: v1.66e

- Fixed typo in Tanker Tacan channels in briefing and kneeboard

- Tanker Tacans now properly broadcast callsign, distance, and bearing in the Y/TR/AA mode as intended.

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Wow this looks like a dream! Thank you thank you thank you! I have a few questions because I’m lost.

1. I have read all that I can but I still don’t know how to set this up. Does the .MIZ file go into the DCS/SAVEGAMES/MISSIONS folder?

2. How do I start it? I read how you can change the parameters in the mission editor but how do I get into the world? Do I just start it as a SINGLE mission and hit fly? Not a campaign but a single mission?

3. Will ALL the AI traffic be at the same altitude that you sat in the parameters? What I’m asking is can we have various altitudes on AI civilian traffic and AI friendly fighters?

I guess a simple PDF in the download telling you exactly how to set it up and run it would be helpful. There’s great documentation on how to change the parameters but there’s nothing telling you the basics....and guys like me sometimes need that.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back. Great work!

EDIT.... OK I did get it working and this is absolutely incredible! Now I don’t have to have the jitters and stutters of being online! Bravo sir! Any chance of adding light friendly Sam sites to our friendly air bases?

Edited by Lanzfeld113

Quick question...

Can you take me through it....step by step....

1. How do I make it so I have a wingman.

2. Can I make it so the friendly AI fighter flights have wingmen?

Is this stuff under view all units?

Edited by Lanzfeld113

Quick question...

i don't think there is an option for it.

Quick question...

You basically have to go through and set up the different spawn groups such that both client groups and the support groups consist of more than one aircraft. For the most part, AI groups already consist of more than one unit, including friendly one.

The only one I can think of that does not is the RAT (random air traffic) units, and that's a limitation of the RAT script iirc: it only works on single-unit groups. If you want to have spawnable friendly groups using the Zeus command, you can just set them up that way: open up the mission, find the f16_blue (or whatever) group and change it to whatever composition you want.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Nope. For the Radomir Air traffic (RAT) I just went into the view all units icon in the editor and made each RAT fighter type a flight of two. Works perfectly. Now everybody has a wing man. Even made the F-18’s a flight of 4.

Edited by Lanzfeld113

Wow this looks like a dream! Thank you thank you thank you! I have a few questions because I’m lost.

1. I have read all that I can but I still don’t know how to set this up. Does the .MIZ file go into the DCS/SAVEGAMES/MISSIONS folder?

2. How do I start it? I read how you can change the parameters in the mission editor but how do I get into the world? Do I just start it as a SINGLE mission and hit fly? Not a campaign but a single mission?

3. Will ALL the AI traffic be at the same altitude that you sat in the parameters? What I’m asking is can we have various altitudes on AI civilian traffic and AI friendly fighters?

I guess a simple PDF in the download telling you exactly how to set it up and run it would be helpful. There’s great documentation on how to change the parameters but there’s nothing telling you the basics....and guys like me sometimes need that.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back. Great work!

EDIT.... OK I did get it working and this is absolutely incredible! Now I don’t have to have the jitters and stutters of being online! Bravo sir! Any chance of adding light friendly Sam sites to our friendly air bases?

Glad to hear you got it working. You can add your own blue or red units as you'd like in the mission editor.

"Through The Inferno"

Nope. For the Radomir Air traffic (RAT) I just went into the view all units icon in the editor and made each RAT fighter type a flight of two. Works perfectly. Now everybody has a wing man. Even made the F-18’s a flight of 4.

Ooh, nice. That's what I get for not having used the script since version [hideously long ago] :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 3 weeks later...
I still would like a new start up location on the aircraft carrier and I can’t figure out how to do that

Unfortunately it's automatic and can't be set in the mission editor, especially in SP. If something is blocking that starting area on the carrier on SP, you might spawn on the elevators.

However on MP, you will always spawn on an elevator or catapault.

How do I remove the green smoke from the airbases?

You'll have to check out this latest update ;) --->

UPDATE 07/15/2020 - 1: v1.67a

!! - THIS UPDATE IS REQUIRED IF YOU WANT TO PLAY TTI SP on DCS Open Beta Version 2.5.6.52196 - !! - USE VERSION 1.66e if you are on a previous version of DCS Open Beta.

- Fixed a major issue where the some Chinese ships were removed/deleted from previous TTI SP mission v1.66 after updating to DCS Open Beta

- Added option to change Carrier AI traffic spawn settings to be hot/cold/runway

- Added option to change default JTAC drone laser code

- Added option to change CTLD Helo Troop Pickup Zone smoke color

- Added option to disable or enable CTLD Helo Troop Pickup Zone smoke

"Through The Inferno"

I really like this mission. It might not be the most thrilling, have an in-depth story, or whatever, but it's perfect for when you just want to go out there and blast stuff, perhaps for hours on end. All the while, you get random spawns to spice things up, and should it be undesirable at that moment? You can slap em with Zeus markers, one way or another.

And if you're bored, you can always mess about by spawning tonnes of ground/air targets and watching ships splatter them.

> To ensure CTLD works with new helos, put the name HELO #001 and it will automatically make it the next available number which works with the CTLD script.

Would you mind elaborating on whether you need to start at #001, or does #000 work, and what are the symptoms that CTLD script is not working with the new helos specifically? I have complaints in a modified version of the mission that the helos don't work properly, but I'm not sure if its the same thing you describe here.

Thanks DF,

> To ensure CTLD works with new helos, put the name HELO #001 and it will automatically make it the next available number which works with the CTLD script.

Would you mind elaborating on whether you need to start at #001, or does #000 work, and what are the symptoms that CTLD script is not working with the new helos specifically? I have complaints in a modified version of the mission that the helos don't work properly, but I'm not sure if its the same thing you describe here.

Thanks DF,

If you put HELO #001, it will take the next available unit name.

It will allow "HELO" and "HELO #000", I added those just in case.

It goes from HELO #001 - HELO #160

"Through The Inferno"

Ok so the helos named TRANS1, TRANS2 etc will not work with the CTLD script then, it has to be HELO #001, HELO #002 etc, correct?

Actually, some of those will work, there were some extra ones I added from an old mission. I would stick with using HELO #xxx for now to be sure.

You can take a look at the CTLD lua files inside the miz (use 7zip to open it) and you'll find the list of helo names that will work with CTLD.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/08/2020 - 1: v1.68a

- Updated ALL ground mission zones to use "zone polygons" which are essentially HAND-DRAWN boundaries within towns, cities, landmarks that still spawn units in a random position within the zone, but in a more realistic position to add a bit more immersion.

If you still like the "blob" of units in a circle formation in an open feel, there is a quick guide on how to get that spawning method back.

This WILL make missions a bit more challenging due to the fact that units easily blend in with buildings, trees and other structures a bit more. Feel free to re-draw the zones or move them as you'd like.

"Through The Inferno"

Great mission!

One question with the most recent version. I haven't noticed this in the past, but last night every time I spawned in a hostile aircraft it would get shot down by a Blue CAP or the Arleigh Burke. Usually right away. Been using the mission for years and haven't seen this until this most recent version. Any ideas? Can I disable the Arleigh Burke and the Blue CAP?

Thanks!

Great mission!

One question with the most recent version. I haven't noticed this in the past, but last night every time I spawned in a hostile aircraft it would get shot down by a Blue CAP or the Arleigh Burke. Usually right away. Been using the mission for years and haven't seen this until this most recent version. Any ideas? Can I disable the Arleigh Burke and the Blue CAP?

Thanks!

Great question.

Yeah you'd have to do some digging in the mission editor to change the ROE of the blue carrier groups.

As for the CAP, you can change their ROE in the random air traffic settings by changing their weapons ROE setting to "hold"

fighter_jet_combat_mode = set free/hold/return combat mode for fighter jets

so set it to fighter_jet_combat_mode = "hold"

"Through The Inferno"

Great question.

Yeah you'd have to do some digging in the mission editor to change the ROE of the blue carrier groups.

As for the CAP, you can change their ROE in the random air traffic settings by changing their weapons ROE setting to "hold"

fighter_jet_combat_mode = set free/hold/return combat mode for fighter jets

so set it to fighter_jet_combat_mode = "hold"

thanks sir!

ya was just strange is all. haven't ever seen any blue warship engage a red aircraft before. 1.66 was the last one i played and it didn't do it. who knows.

thanks again!