The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone in the russian forum said S-37 was testing lately the PAK-FA`s internal weapons bay. Not sure if this is the case here though.

If it is true, it means PAK is futher than closer....

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

If it is true, it means PAK is futher than closer....

The f-22 that crashed last year was testing its weapons bay when it crashed so I don't think that it is a correlation between the weapons bay development and the estate of the project. I just think that it is a smart idea to test all the parts on aircraft that are available before putting together the first prototype. The russians are practical people the problem is that sometimes they are too practical, I just hope that the next sukhoi is going to be as graceful as the su-27.

From what I can understand on the Russian forums, the first PAK-FA prototype is now being prepared for its first taxi test runs and is currently scheduled to fly early next year, hopefully January. However, this will be far from the final PAK-FA that is supposed to become the serial production standard. Much of the hardware is not ready and "place-holders" are currently installed (engines, radar, etc.). This is not unusual for a new aircraft program of course, but given that its modern Russia, it doesn't instill a lot of hope for fast progress in me personally, at least in so far as entry into domestic Russian service (hello Su-34). Export hopes will hopefully push it forward.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

2012 seems awfully short of a deadline from prototype to series production.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

In soviet russia, airplane builds you! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Cmon Sukhoi, I don't wanna to be grandpa when finally see PAK FA...IIRC they said 2004, then 2006, then 2008, and mid-late 2009. Niiice ^^

The f-22 that [...]

Hope it is true, cos this waiting is painfull :P

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Is there a test firing range in Zukovsky actually? Or can they only do "dry" tests like simulated missile launches?

I think the PAK-FA will be largely original perhaps save for the stealth - it will be interesting to see what sort of concept they come up with for it.

Yeah, that's my guess too. I doubt it will look like a clone of something we already know. Only a few shapes like maybe the nose, the canopy or the tail fins will look familiar I suppose.

If I'm guessing correctly, then it wont take long until people start asking for the reasons of the differences. Lot's of interesting stuff to be talked about then. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1