Another 2080TI Bites The Dust.....

What's a common failure to these cards? You said it's not the power supply and not the fans so what's a common failure? It's not common at all, it's just bad luck. It's usually user error or bad QA. I've lost count of all the people I've seen in overclock forums who start playing around with the voltages and fry their cards.

bad architecture, poor qa, i dont know. ive seen a few things pointing to the memory used

Techspot: Nvidia addresses failing GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards

WCCFTECH: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Cards Are Dying And There Are Different RTX 2070 Chips.

Extremetech:Nvidia Confirms Some RTX 2080 Ti GPUs Are Defective, Promises Remedy

GeeksULTD: NVIDIA USERS REPORTING TONS OF ISSUES WITH THE RTX 2080/2080TI GPUS – DOAS, CRASHING & STUTTERING REPORTED

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Hello all, what is this PSU?

My PSU is irrelevant in this case. I cant remember off the top of my head what it is, but its more than sufficient, & i didnt play around with any of the settings. this was plug, play, &3 months later,fail. they may have cleared up all the faulty boards, i havent been watching the forums too closely since i got mine back

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Define bad architecture? We already covered bad QA, nobody is claiming there weren't failures. I assure you power supply is very relevant.

I'd presume he means the VRM (as the most important part of the PCB) design?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'd presume he means the VRM (as the most important part of the PCB) design?

Maybe? The defect that was commonly reported online - besides no image - was the "space invaders" static in the image, which per Steve from Gamer's Nexus is associated with the VRAM.

VRM is definitely important too. Nvidia was always very vague about the QA "test escapes" and which subcontractor or vendor was the issue. There's Samsung, SK Hynix, Micron, and other big vendors. You have to take the cooling solution off and look at the codes to be sure what you got. Mine are under waterblocks. I'm not taking those off to see what I got otherwise I'd share.

Have I mentioned how much like your hardware signature? Well played sir...