CDU...??!!

TheOtherSider

I recently got back into flying the hog after a year of so of just strictly hornet flying. While I was not really great at it to begin with I have forgotten a lot. But I for the life of me can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong entering coordinates into the CDU or trying to create a new way point. I get CDU imput error.... I have watched 3-4 vids on youtube and flipped threw the manual and am copying it to the letter.

I was flying the first mission of The Enemy with in 3.0. And right after the bomb goes off they give me coordinates 37TGG 340 792 I enter it in with no spaces and Error....it has me pulling my hair out! I know this has likely been asked a million times, but can any one pint me in the right direction ?

I recently got back into flying the hog after a year of so of just strictly hornet flying. While I was not really great at it to begin with I have forgotten a lot. But I for the life of me can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong entering coordinates into the CDU or trying to create a new way point. I get CDU imput error.... I have watched 3-4 vids on youtube and flipped threw the manual and am copying it to the letter.

I was flying the first mission of The Enemy with in 3.0. And right after the bomb goes off they give me coordinates 37TGG 340 792 I enter it in with no spaces and Error....it has me pulling my hair out! I know this has likely been asked a million times, but can any one pint me in the right direction ?

You are probably set to Lat/Long instead of UTM

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Make sure you're CDU is set to UTM

The 37T is not part of the coordinates. On the CDU, directly above the coordinates entry, it will either say 38T or 37T. This is where you enter it.

The coordinates in you're example would be: GG340792

In addition to the excellent answers, this might clear things up a bit:

LA2-Europe-UTM-zones.png

(More on Wikipedia)

In the CDU, the grid zone goes into a line of its own (left, second from bottom).

The entire rest of an MGRS coordinate goes into the bottom left line.

As you can see in the image, the border between 37T and 38T goes right through the western part of Georgia, so if your target was just a few more miles to the east, it would be in a different grid zone.

Make sure you're CDU is set to UTM

The 37T is not part of the coordinates. On the CDU, directly above the coordinates entry, it will either say 38T or 37T. This is where you enter it.

The coordinates in you're example would be: GG340792

*Hangs head* :doh: The A-10c is like a puzzle wrapped in an enigma gift wrapped in a giant pain in the ass!!....God damn though if I don't love it ! :smilewink:

In addition to the excellent answers, this might clear things up a bit:

LA2-Europe-UTM-zones.png

(More on Wikipedia)

In the CDU, the grid zone goes into a line of its own (left, second from bottom).

The entire rest of an MGRS coordinate goes into the bottom left line.

As you can see in the image, the border between 37T and 38T goes right through the western part of Georgia, so if your target was just a few more miles to the east, it would be in a different grid zone.

Thank you that is handy information to know :). :)

I sent you a PM if you want some guidance

Ah, Thankies for the offer( Sorry didn't see the PM) I may check it out at some time. I am really not to keen on Multi player and online play. For various reasons namely due to never having much luck with DCS staying stable and playable. I may still register though. :)

Ah, Thankies for the offer( Sorry didn't see the PM) I may check it out at some time. I am really not to keen on Multi player and online play. For various reasons namely due to never having much luck with DCS staying stable and playable. I may still register though. :)
No need to register. There is a discord invite from site to join chat