JTAC target on TAD

Gavski1

Been watching a JTAC tutorial and following read back 9 line - a red triangle appears over the target - this is not happening for me and I don't know why?

Read back correct but no red triangle?

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

It depends if the mission creator put datalink as an option for the JTAC. The red triangle will appear on the TAD display of the JTAC had datalink with the aircraft. Also, beside the red triangle, the 9 line details will show on the MSG page on the right MFD.

More often than not you will find that JTACs do not have datalinks. That's why it is so important to write down the 9 line, mainly what type of ammo is to be used, the IP point, the marker set by the JTAC and the heading he wants you to perform the attack.

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

It depends if the mission creator put datalink as an option for the JTAC. The red triangle will appear on the TAD display of the JTAC had datalink with the aircraft. Also, beside the red triangle, the 9 line details will show on the MSG page on the right MFD.

More often than not you will find that JTACs do not have datalinks. That's why it is so important to write down the 9 line, mainly what type of ammo is to be used, the IP point, the marker set by the JTAC and the heading he wants you to perform the attack.

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Ok, thanks.

So if there is no data link do I have to create a new steer point from the nineline info that I can use as SPI

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

Ok, thanks.

So if there is no data link do I have to create a new steer point from the nineline info that I can use as SPI

That's correct.

I usually have a "blank" mission point named "CASTGT01" (sometimes 02 and 03 as well if i'm expecting to be retasked) so that i can type down the coordinates as it's being read and do an actual read back before sending it to the CDU, this way you don't have any "dead times" in between the various preparations.

If the JTACT sends a SADL task it's usefull to triple check that neither you nor the JTAC are looking at the wrong thing (AI JTAC won't but stil.. :smilewink: )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850