Looking for Campaign Recommendation

btaft

I am a bit late to the game but that isn't necessarily a bad thing as the product is mature at this point. I originally purchased the A-10C when it first came out and just started to sit down and learn it. I am really enjoying it so far and actually find it fairly user friendly once you get accustomed to it.

I am finishing up the first two Maple Flag Campaigns (Basic and Advanced Qualification) and am trying to decide where to go from there. Should I proceed on to the Tactical Campaign from Maple Flag or take on one of the story driven campaigns. I actually own all of the DLC campaigns for the A-10C.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

In my humble opinion, I like "The Enemy Within 3.0" best ... very immersive and not too dificult, tough I haven't finished it yet :) ... a close second, would be "Piercing Fury", tough it is much more difficult to beat (at least for me).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Piercing Fury and The Enemy Within are both great. I haven't actually finished either of them but did a lot of play-testing for all iterations of The Enemy Within and totally recommend it. Nowadays I'm almost exclusively an MP pilot -- otherwise I'm sure I'd have played through both of them multiple times already. :)

I've been running Op Piercing Fury with my bud (add him in as a separate wing). This makes it somewhat easy but we are having a blast. Enemies within 3.0 is equally good, probably going to do that right after we finish this campaign.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Those two are the best combat campaigns but they are complex and you need to know how to fly the plane to complete them.

If you want an easy introductory campaign, the Stone Shield one is way easier and more oriented to the rookie player.

Last but not least, the Maple Flag training campaigns are absolutely gorgeous and well made if you really want to test your skills against the real qualification exams of the USAF.

Once again, they are certification campagins, not training ones, so they are not going to teach you how to do stuff, they will test you if you know how to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Eviscerador,

I just finished the first two Maple Flag Campaigns and used them as opportunities to teach myself the a-10C as each test built upon the last. I am leaning towards taking on the 3rd one to get some JTAC experience. I basically watched some training videos (grim reapers) and did the relative training missions and practice mission for each one prior to taking on the eval mission. So far really enjoying the learning experience. I am pretty comfortable with the systems and employing the weapons. Still have to "think" about it a little bit or find myself doing things with the wrong SOI but overall improving. I am hoping to be competent before taking on the story driven campaigns

• 4 weeks later...

Love the operation piercing fury!

Do come over to twitch if you wanna take a look at the campaign, now at mission 12. I’ve been streaming the entire campaign. Next will be enemy within.

twitch.tv/thebizno

Also I will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Just a warning! no expert here, just a dude who loves DCS and the A-10! :D :O

Edited by TheBizno

Twitch

https://twitch.tv/thebizno

Twitter