wow this is huge!

The weird thing is that they don't actually drive over a destroyed bridge and happen to swim through that way. They perfectly recognise the bridge as impassable, drive around it and - well - just happen to survive travelling under water.

It isn't just bridges either, by the way. Today I've seen two infantrymen from separate groups near a pier get alerted by cannon fire, scatter and run straight into the ocean, where they felt safe to remain. Can't argue with success, I guess.

Back on topic, I have found one slight issue:

The famous tunnel from Russia to South Ossetia has a bit of a building for the entrance. It's weird in that it's a bit of a 50/50 thing, but a convoy I tried to pass through there had some vehicles use the tunnel as they used to and some, well, evade the building and proceed driving over the mountain instead.

P.S.:

Never mind, I think it might have had to do with some of the vehicles moving too fast to catch up.

Edited by Kang

Imagine how mad you'd be getting killed by a manpad flying over open water.

Already tried this a while ago - used CTLD to spawn an SA-6 on an oil rig. Collision box actually forced it to spawn on the sea floor. I was able to order it to drive out into open water, set alarm state "Red" and waited for it to shoot down unsuspecting enemies. No joy - never saw any missiles come out of the water, despite multiple enemies overhead.

Already tried this a while ago - used CTLD to spawn an SA-6 on an oil rig. Collision box actually forced it to spawn on the sea floor. I was able to order it to drive out into open water, set alarm state "Red" and waited for it to shoot down unsuspecting enemies. No joy - never saw any missiles come out of the water, despite multiple enemies overhead.

Completely understandable. No sonar.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 5 months later...
Sincerely for me, destroyed bridges are secondary, they don't cross one every 2 km. But villages and cities . . .

Completely agree. As soon as your vehicles come near a house or two they somehow drive halfway through it and get stuck. It's like the building isn't modelled as a complete solid structure while other obstacles like fences the vehicles will not drive through these but follow them all way way....

I really wish CA would get some improvements with path finding around obstacles.

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

I wish they'd be able to stop vehicles crossing destroyed bridges, and once the vehicles have been stopped for some set time, then and only then do a new route calc. This would prevent the possible do-loop.

Effectively, ground AI could do this:

1. Calc route

2. Proceed on route until hit unavoidable obstacle. Stop.

3. After stopped for x minutes, calc new route. If no new route possible, stop movement AI.

Will they drive through the river if you’ve blown up the bridge?

That was fixed already >=5 years ago.

has any1 tested if all vehicles can swim? Hummers shouldnt be able to cross rivers.

Edited by pappavis

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]