Paying money??? (rant)

nicktune1219

So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point. Supposedly there will be some relaxing room, but this is digital combat simulator, not digital meeting simulator. This is also not digital navigating to a carrier simulator. I'm sure some people will pay for this, but a good amount of people wont pay 50 bucks for some carrier. It would be nice just to have it as an AI model, not as a paid module, so that way everyone can utilize this, but time will tell.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

It is completely optional, you do not have to have it, you will still have access to the Stennis.

However if you want the features that go with the super carrier module you will need to pay for it.

Some of the planned features

Early Access Features

New Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model:

Highly detailed polygon model.

High-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings

Animated arresting wires and blast shields

Animated radar antennas

Animated aircraft elevators

Catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2

Steam from catapults

Risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered

Long-range line-up lights

IFLOLS

Animated “rabbit lights” along landing area centerline

Deck lighting

Functional air defence weapon systems:

Sea Sparrow

CWIS

Sea RAM

Option for Nimitz-class aircraft carriers of the Roosevelt sub-class:

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck. We will review the possibility of increasing this number to 18 in the coming months.

Carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III.

Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.

Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point.

Then...don't do it???

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you dont want it, dont buy it. If you decide to spit this kind of nonsense on a forum, all you do is make yourself look funny.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

If you dont want it, dont buy it. If you decide to spit this kind of nonsense on a forum, all you do is make yourself look funny.

+1

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Early Access Features

Animated radar antennas

Steam from catapults

IFLOLS

Deck lighting

Sea Sparrow

CWIS

Sea RAM

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck. We will review the possibility of increasing this number to 18 in the coming months.

Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.

With a list like this I think it warrants being called a stand alone module!, and is certainly on my

buy list when it's released. It will make a perfect addition to the Hornet.

Plus just as important it keeps ED in business, and therefore us in the virtual skies!

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Plus just as important it keeps ED in business, and therefore us in the virtual skies!

This, this is crucial ... I enjoy ED’s products so much, that I cant imagine this hobby without them, thus I’m glad to be able to support them by purchasing their products whenever I can.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is completely optional, you do not have to have it, you will still have access to the Stennis.

However if you want the features that go with the super carrier module you will need to pay for it.

Early Access Features

Animated radar antennas

Steam from catapults

IFLOLS

Deck lighting

Sea Sparrow

CWIS

Sea RAM

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

Animated Cow

Thanks

Most important feature not on the current CVN-74 in bold.

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It would be nice just to have it as an AI model, not as a paid module, so that way everyone can utilize this, but time will tell.

Yeah, god forbid that ED should actually expect some kind of financial return on their hard work to help keep the lights on...

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

The deck crew alone will make it worth it for me.

I guess we'll all have to remember all the hand signals.

edit......I just looked at a chart. There's a lot of signals to learn. Cripes! My old brain is full now.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point. Supposedly there will be some relaxing room, but this is digital combat simulator, not digital meeting simulator. This is also not digital navigating to a carrier simulator. I'm sure some people will pay for this, but a good amount of people wont pay 50 bucks for some carrier. It would be nice just to have it as an AI model, not as a paid module, so that way everyone can utilize this, but time will tell.

Haha...the world is not free. These people are not doing this work for free they have to feed themselves. If you don't want it then don't buy it. No, one is forcing you.

I will happily pay for this if it is as advertised and many others will as well.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Early Access Features

Animated radar antennas

Steam from catapults

IFLOLS

Deck lighting

Sea Sparrow

CWIS

Sea RAM

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

Thanks

I meant to ask this before. Are they going to tie the SAR helo, S3, and E2D to the new carrier so we don't have to script it?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

+1 :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Supposedly there will be some relaxing room, but this is digital combat simulator, not digital meeting simulator. This is also not digital navigating to a carrier simulator. I'm sure some people will pay for this, but a good amount of people wont pay 50 bucks for some carrier.

Ready room / relaxing room with PLAT camera for MP?

Can we all meetup in VR too? Sounds cool.... I'd pay money for that.;)

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link