CAMNO and the Viggen - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
Mule

Default CAMNO and the Viggen

Can't wait to get my hands on this module. The Swedish really nailed it with this beautiful aircraft. I pre-purchased it last night.

Does anyone else play Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations? If so do you know of any scenarios that use the Viggen within any missions, If so can you send me a link or point me in the right direction to get them?

Well done Letherneck on producing what looks like a classic within DCS. I missed out on the MIG 21 but will get it in time.

Last edited by Mule; 01-22-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
mwd2

In the Community Scenario Pack: In the calmest waters swim the ugliest fish, 1985 - it is also in the Steam Workshop.

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #3
Mule

Ah many thanks! much appreciated.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
shiFt

Also check out Norrland Defense in the community scenario pack.
shiFt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
grunf

Norrland Defense, 1990 features JA and AJ37, and it's included in the community pack.

There's also a 1981 version of the same scenario (link).

The author is also a member of this forum, so possibly there's more Viggen oriented scenarios.

edit: sniped
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #6
Mule

Fantastic! many thanks.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #7
mattebubben

The guy who made those Missions (Skjold) is a forum member (and he is usually active enough in this Viggen Section).

So if you want more or other Viggen missions for that game you can always ask him.
mattebubben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #8
Skjold

Leatherneck seems to have done an amazing job on the Viggen and i can't wait to get my hands on them this friday! Been waiting for this for the better part of 18 months now

Off topic:

Yep, the two missions that i made that heavily featured the Viggen is Norrland Defense 1981 and 1990. I have other SwAF missions as well, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skjold89/myworkshopfiles/

I hope they still work properly with the latest updates of the game, as i haven't played for a while. If you have suggestions / bug reports etc feel free to add me.

/ Skjold
Skjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
QuiGon
Veteran

I also enjoyed Skjolds CMANO missions (and already told him that a few months ago ), but these and the Calmest Waters scenario is pretty much all there is in CMANO for us Viggen fans. Because of that I just started working on a new scenario this weekend which will take the Whiskey on the Rocks incident in 1981 as a basis and is supposed to resolve how it would have played out if the soviet rescue force did not have stopped.
I just started working on the scenario and if work goes well and I'm satisfied with it I might share it with the public.

PS: I haven't really started the research needed for creating this scenario yet, but if someone could provide me information on the exact position where the Whiskey got stuck and about the composition of the soviet rescue force I would appreciate it

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-23-2017 at 09:05 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
Almaril

I play CMANO, and even tried it as a larp mechanic at work once. Chaos was total, but fun.

I really enjoyed "calmest waters", which I actually played to the end. Norrland Defense I have gotten halfway through at one time before getting distracted, but man JA-Viggens kick Flanker ass. Gotta search more actively for Skjold missions I guess then.
Almaril is offline   Reply With Quote