Please fix the L-39 RKL-41!

The RKL-41 used to work perfect in 1.5. It's been completely broken since 2.5 came out in multiplayer. I haven't tested it in single player recently. We use the L-39 a lot for training and when you're doing bad weather flights it's really nice to have it working. I haven't tested it on all the air bases but it won't work on Kutaisi or Kolki.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this the general problem with ILS/PRGM and Marker Beacons incorrectly turning off for light ( <6 knot, 3 m/s ) headwinds on the 2.5 Caucasus Map that effects ALL modules or something else specific to the L-39 ?

Unfortunately this seems to have low priority as it was reported in February - I'd guess most MP missions have adjusted their winds accordingly by now but the broken navaids are a disincentive to fly older aircraft in bad weather and/or include realistic winds in any mission.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3471907

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3464700

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204914

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206471

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3405547&postcount=10

IMHO bugs like this do make 2.5.x feel more of a Beta build, than ready for release but the the same could be said of night lighting.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Is this the general problem with ILS/PRGM and Marker Beacons incorrectly turning off for light ( <6 knot, 3 m/s ) headwinds on the 2.5 Caucasus Map that effects ALL modules or something else specific to the L-39 ?

You are absolutely correct. I should have thought to test that. As soon as I remove all the wind the system starts working again. So this is related to the new map and weather.

ED people, please tell us that you're going to fix these problems. I suspect that this is fairly low priority currently but for all us out there the use this stuff for training and immersion it's a real problem.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The RKL-41 used to work perfect in 1.5. It's been completely broken since 2.5 came out in multiplayer. I haven't tested it in single player recently. We use the L-39 a lot for training and when you're doing bad weather flights it's really nice to have it working. I haven't tested it on all the air bases but it won't work on Kutaisi or Kolki.

Indeed, I can confirm it's also bugged in single player mission.

I didn't test it with the modification of the wind direction and speed but for Mozdok and Krymsk the PRGM beacons should be in both direction.

But, when flying on a single mission with the L39C, only one direction is available with PRGM...

In DCS 1.5 it used to work in both direction.

Do you think it is also the same problem as Ramsay spoke about ?

Regards,

Moody.

I didn't test it with the modification of the wind direction and speed but for Mozdok and Krymsk the PRGM beacons should be in both direction.

But, when flying on a single mission with the L39C, only one direction is available with PRGM...

... is also the same problem as Ramsay spoke about ?

I haven't tested Mozdok but at Krymsk, both PRMG and NDB/Markers work correctly if using high enough wind speeds = 7 knot (3 m/s) headwind for the appropriate runway (can make taxiing a challenge).

The problem arises with light headwinds (i.e. 4 knot, 2 m/s) and ATC changing runway direction at different limits to the ILS/PRMG and NDB/Marker system.

Note: Behaviour at Krymsk has changed since my February feedback but the underlying problem of ATC using one runway while PRMG/NDB use another for light winds remains i.e.

• Krymsk: wind 4 kt (2 m/s) towards 40° T = ATC uses RWY 22 while PRMG/NDB's are set to use RWY 04

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.2.18521

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for your tests Ramsay.

I will try again in Mozdok to check if there is the same problem but I'm afraid it's the case.

If I understand well, the problem is that, ATC and PRGM (also for NDBs) use a different "script" to allow you to land ?

I read you said that it is a known problem but it's not on a high priority level, so I just hope that eventualy they fix the problem and that we will be able to land on both runway when the PRGM is in both direction.

There are few PRGM (which is a bit anoying sometimes) so if we can at least us them correctly it would be great !