can't re-assign weapons release

So, I fired up the beta today, and went to work re-assigning my keys the way I like them. Everything seems fine, except I can't re-assign the weapons release key. It defaults to Button 2 on my joystick, but when I re-assign it to button 1, the entry turns red, and it doesn't work. If I leave it at default, it works fine, but I don't like that button position for firing weapons.

I've tried clearing the category, and reassigning a few times with the same result.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

At first I had it red out as you, so I defaulted the profile and loaded back in my one

Worked at fist, but on the next launch of DCS, it just stopped recognizing any input.

The line is not in red, but when you press the button (even the keyboard button "space"), it just doesn't register a press, you can see the button on the cyclic not moving what so ever

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

i am having this issue too.

red line for fire weapons.

that is gone after a restart and i can assign buttons but they do nothing.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Had similar issue but it appears now that DCS is now saving my reassignment, and working as it should. So far.

Not sure what I did differently.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Red indicates double or "illegal" binds. Your .diff.lua is probably set up relative to a different controls .lua since a patch. Backup your .diff.lua for that controller and erase it. That should default all of the controls for that device-module and it functions should work properly.