F-18C flight model

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I hope the F-18C isn't like the F-15C in that it is impossible to gain airspeed unless the wings are completely level.

I would expect an airplane with a thrust to weight ratio over 1 in the clean configuration to be an absolute rocket ship even if you're pulling on the stick a little.

Will the F-18C be capable of flying the way the excellent AI flies it; you know tomcat games, using the vertical a lot more than anything else?

The F-18 is likely to feel more sluggish. It's not a high speed aircraft (in fighter terms). I also don't know what you mean about the F-15. It pretty much feels like it has infinite thrust. Of course everything has limits, if you're flying really high and/or heavily loaded, even the F-15 will run out of lift.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The F-18 is likely to feel more sluggish. It's not a high speed aircraft (in fighter terms). I also don't know what you mean about the F-15. It pretty much feels like it has infinite thrust. Of course everything has limits, if you're flying really high and/or heavily loaded, even the F-15 will run out of lift.

Agree... lots of power in spare in the eagle... even more in clean config. F18 should be slightly less powerful.

Take a look at my MODS here

Advanced Flight Model

Professional Flight Model

Simple Flight Model

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

every developer is busting their backs trying to scrape together data for coding high fidelity flight models and instead here we are wishing for sfm dynamics.

the sheer irony of it all.

op, i kindly suggest you actually learn to fly, and to fly some aircraft other than the f-15, for afterwards you will never again accuse the f-15 of lacking in thrust.

Edited by probad

Guest Guest
every developer is busting their backs trying to scrape together data for coding high fidelity flight models and instead here we are wishing for sfm dynamics.

op, i kindly suggest you actually learn to fly, and to fly some aircraft other than the f-15, for afterwards you will never again accuse the f-15 of lacking in thrust.

It doesn't fly like something that could climb to 50,000ft in about a minute.

That suggestion is anything but kind. I'm sure.

Guest Guest

you must be thinking of the super hornet/lug bug.

Guest Guest

I came from a different platform flying a jet that was a lot slower than the F-15 with a lot higher fidelity flight model than anything DCS has to offer. That platform is dying though and isn't a combat sim.

Guest Guest
If you have any specific flight models concerns you need to make a bug report in the correct section and include documentation/evidence to support it.

Unsubstantiated claims won't get you anywhere.

Okay bro, I've got one. Where is the section for bug reports?

Guest Guest

Also on the old platform I was on there is a jet I have that is way faster than the primary jet I flew which also had a high fidelity flight model. This jet that was way faster than my primary jet was on par with the F-15 in its interceptor role when the good ol' fourth gen jets were in their heyday.

The DCS F-15 performs nothing like that jet that was way faster than the primary jet I flew in terms of acceleration in turns and rate of climb.

I cannot imagine what platform you come from with better flight modeling than DCS... And also how do you manage to compare them, have you flown the f15, how do you know the other platform is more accurate ?

• ED Team

This is way off topic now.

If you have information to support your claims please do it in a bug report here

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=331

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2