Can we get a clean jet?

Kroll

yes If your nice to your maintenance crew maybe they will give your Hornet a nice wash, so its "clean" :megalol:

an-f18-hornet-is-washed-down-as-it-is-prepared-for-flight-on-the-uss-picture-id1616474

photo-day-11_06_13-920-0.jpg?quality=85&strip=info

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Are you just going to argue ab absurdum?

Can pylons be removed on real aircraft? Yes. Then we are asking for them to be removable.

ED is already including paints from other countries even though "Hornet is based on USN holy realism manual bible 3000 and surely no USN aircraft ever flown with Swiss cross!", I'm sure they can add one simple animation argument to remove the pylons.

If that were the case, we'd have Refueling Boom, and AGM-65's on the F-5E already.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If that were the case, we'd have Refueling Boom, and AGM-65's on the F-5E already.

its not quite the same thing.

Because Thats are different F5E models. Much more drastic changes than simple Pylon Mounting or Removal. It can be removed so it should be.

For the sake of Greater diversity of aircraft's application we ought to have this feature. F18's for airshows for EG have been flown without any underwing pylons. ( even non Blue angel Hornets).

So in short i Agree with George.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

wasn't that supposed to be due to an insufficient data about how that worked in the F-5...:music_whistling:

That was just a test, USAF fleet did not have Mavs. AFAIK.

I'm sure they can add one simple animation argument to remove the pylons.

I'm sure it's much more complex than that, it's also about drag and weight, so they would need to change the FM quite a bit in theory.

its not quite the same thing.

Because Thats are different F5E models. Much more drastic changes than simple Pylon Mounting or Removal. It can be removed so it should be.

For the sake of Greater diversity of aircraft's application we ought to have this feature. F18's for airshows for EG have been flown without any underwing pylons. ( even non Blue angel Hornets).

So in short i Agree with George.

Canadian CF-188's arent F/A-18C Lot 20s, (Each Exported F/A-18A/B/C/D has Specific Items added/removed and by all rights are different models.)

Neither are Swiss or Finnish F/A-18s, w/ the MLU/IMP Phases they are closer in Avionics to Super Hornets and the F/A-18C+ the Marines are getting,

They Have had their wings replaced w/ heavier structured frames , etc etc.

Same Principle.

USAF F-5E-3s Never deployed AGM-65 Capability to the Fleet, it was tested to ensure it would work for Export Option.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

That was just a test, USAF fleet did not have Mavs. AFAIK.

I'm sure it's much more complex than that, it's also about drag and weight, so they would need to change the FM quite a bit in theory.

Canadian CF-188's arent F/A-18C Lot 20s, (Each Exported F/A-18A/B/C/D has Specific Items added/removed and by all rights are different models.)

Neither are Swiss or Finnish F/A-18s, w/ the MLU/IMP Phases they are closer in Avionics to Super Hornets and the F/A-18C+ the Marines are getting,

Same Principle.

USAF F-5E-3s Never deployed AGM-65 Capability to the Fleet, it was tested to ensure it would work for Export Option.

Well, I wasn't refering to how realistic to the USAF "standards" it was but to including things or not into DCS planes...here you have:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3156092&postcount=4

looks like we would have mavs on the F-5 if they know how they work...so dont know why we cant have a clean F-18 due to "not being a USAF standard config"...:)

Take a look at my MODS here

Same Principle.

But those diffeernces are Internal mostly. at the end of the day their still F/a18C "air frames". So nope not the same thing.

BUt Blue Angels do use C Hornets( They are A US navy aerobatic team, Not foreign)..... and they fly with clean wings...... *sigh*.

Besides despite some differences this isn't stopping ED from making Swiss or Finnish Hornets skins. IF we cant have a Hornet with Clean wing option, then by your logic neither should we have skins of anything that isn't used on a F/A18C Lot 20 hornet

Well, I wasn't refering to how realistic to the USAF "standards" it was but to including things or not into DCS planes...here you have:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3156092&postcount=4

looks like we would have mavs on the F-5 if they know how they work...so dont know why we cant have a clean F-18 due to "not being a USAF standard config"...:)

basically this.

These arguments are bordering "strawman"

The Hornet is very much capable of flying without pylons, and hornets have been flown like that. Many aircraft flown into combat configuration Almost always has underwing pylons for weapons and or fuel tanks. We all get this is the most common type of configuration.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Blue Angels F/A-18Cs go through a modification process. They arent simply fleet birds painted blue..

Canadian Airframes are A/Bs that have undergone Life extensions,

Export Airframes are wired a little bit dofferently to meet Export Needs.

I'd Like to have Clean option as well, since I do Tact. Demo's on my own time.

But quite Frankly, at this point, Pylons being removed is not a seriously important thing to have for an early access standpoint.

Edited by SkateZilla

I'm not saying it shouldn't have that option lol, I was talking to Skate two-three hours ago about this, I'd love to have that as an option to use whenever I want. I'm sure he would like too. I don't think anybody here is saying that. Everybody would like that option. But just don't mix the things up, USN Hornet isn't the Swiss one, Canadian one etc, That's what he is saying from my understanding.

• ED Team

Guys, stop fighting over countries and such ok. ED only stated what their goals are as far as release. Right now if you look at the A-10C, it is included on many countries it doesnt fly for. For example, the A-10C is available for the RCAF, 2 of the three skins were done by me, and not ED. Stop stressing it... please.

As for clean aircraft, I am sure if there is time and resources, it will be done.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Given that the functionality is already present in the F-5E and other recent aircraft, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't also there for the Hornet.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I think what the mods are trying to get across is that this functionality is not exactly top priority for Eagle Dynamics at the moment.

It also involves a fair bit of work. If the FM is finalized or close to finalized for the module, removing the pylons would probably require more FM calculations, due to effects of pylons on drag, lift, mass distribution etc. etc.

I don't think people should expect this "feature" to be part of early access, however I think it would probably be fair to say that people who simply do aerobatics with their DCS modules would be overjoyed if it was added at some later point in time.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3186028&postcount=3444

There is your answers guys first question. Clean hornet will be there.

fantastic.

good to know

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro