Happy 48th Anniversary to our Favorite Plane!

Greekbull

Happy Turkey Day every one! 48years ago today she made her first flight! Dec 21st 1970...

...then 9 days later she had her first crash:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Lately I've been having strange thoughts about never getting to fly Heatblur's Tomcat. It's kind of THE DREAM module for me to have in DCS and if it was the LAST module made for DCS I wouldn't have a problem with that. My strange paranoid twisted thoughts are about, getting a rare disease, getting struck by lightning, getting run over by a car, losing my arms or eyesight, becoming homeless for some reason all happening before the Tomcat is released....

Needless to say Im being extra careful in this last stretch before the EA, but I digress....

Happy birthday Turkey, hope I get to meet you soon ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Lately I've been having strange thoughts about never getting to fly Heatblur's Tomcat. It's kind of THE DREAM module for me to have in DCS and if it was the LAST module made for DCS I wouldn't have a problem with that. My strange paranoid twisted thoughts are about, getting a rare disease, getting struck by lightning, getting run over by a car, losing my arms or eyesight, becoming homeless for some reason all happening before the Tomcat is released....

You might want to go see a doctor..

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Well, considering constant delays since 2017 as first promise for release, i wouldnt consider him paranoid or in need for head check..

P.S. we dont have even manual despite promise by devs that it will be released in advance - reading between lines that means release is not any time near.

Yet again false hype was generated just to grab money for preorder...

Well, considering constant delays since 2017 as first promise for release, i wouldnt consider him paranoid or in need for head check..

P.S. we dont have even manual despite promise by devs that it will be released in advance - reading between lines that means release is not any time near.

Yet again false hype was generated just to grab money for preorder...

Now, now. Let's give them to late March before we pull out the pitchforks.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Itll be a nightmare on these forums second clock strikes Spring if it's not out by then...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Yes the second flight was a lot more sporting...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

My strange paranoid twisted thoughts are about, getting a rare disease, getting struck by lightning, getting run over by a car, losing my arms or eyesight, becoming homeless for some reason all happening before the Tomcat is released....

Two of which basically happened to me already, but those won't prevent me from giving in to my need for speed... especially since I'll have a RIO who'll see things I won't dealwithit.png

Itll be a nightmare on these forums second clock strikes Spring if it's not out by then...

I'd put up a very nice song about that winter then... rdlaugh.png

Yes the second flight was a lot more sporting...

When did that one take place? Don't know all the details... twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

When did that one take place? Don't know all the details... twi-notbad.png

On Dec 30th they took a second test flight. They had a hydraulic leak that rendered the plane uncontrollable. Tried to bring it in but crashed a few hundred yards short of the runway...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Why would i give them any slack?

How do you know it will be March 2019?

They have our money, it is time to deliver something in return. They were not talking about March 2019 when they announced preorder - it was winter 2018-2019!

Now, suddenly it is spring 2019, and who knows, perhaps again, fall or , hey - a winter 2019-2020....

If you define winter astronomically it ends March 21 but even if you don't agree with it at least wait until the end of February before complaining.

Also I am willing to wait a couple more weeks if it means having a good experience. It's similar with the Hornet when people complained about it being late and when it was released everyone complained that it had many bugs and most of the systems like the radar were not complete.

Unfortunately we can't have our cake and eat it too and Heatblur has decided that quality comes first as they want to make a great first impression and I can understand where they come from.

They were not talking about March 2019 when they announced preorder - it was winter 2018-2019!

Winter 2018-2019 ends in March. You can spin this any way you like, the fact remains that you are completely wrong about this.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

They have our money, it is time to deliver something in return. They were not talking about March 2019 when they announced preorder - it was winter 2018-2019!

Now, suddenly it is spring 2019, and who knows, perhaps again, fall or , hey - a winter 2019-2020....

It's your own fault for believing it was December. Winter ends in March as stated above. It's your own fault for pre-ordering without a set date, I didn't pre-order cause I'm a realist, or at least I don't believe things on face value. December 21 was a pipedream conjured up by some in the community because "it made sense" and it became a crackpot theory where naive people defended their pipedream vigorously against any nay sayers, I was even called stupid by some French dude "cause I didn't know" what I was talking about. But December 21 was never realistic. Saw that a mile away.

Contact HB and demand a refund. Problem solved.

Edited by GrizzlyBear83

Common guys does every thread need to digress into a release date discussion? They've given us a window for release and they haven't backed off it or made any changes...we also know that the thing is going to be way more feature packed than anything before it upon release so it will be well worth the wait;) This was simply a thread to reflect on the Tomcat turning 48 yesterday:D

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

You do know that Winter is from December 21st to March 20th right? That would make a "winter" release anywhere from December 21st 2018 to March 20th 2019. Put the pitchfork down and take a breath junior.

You do know that Winter is from December 21st to March 20th right? That would make a "winter" release anywhere from December 21st 2018 to March 20th 2019. Put the pitchfork down and take a breath junior.

They are actually wasting time debating the meaning of “winter”.

When the module releases, no one will remember any of this.

Can you imagine what it was like working at Grumman to get the real jet flying, then losing it on the second flight?

Viewpoints are my own.

Can you imagine what it was like working at Grumman to get the real jet flying, then losing it on the second flight?

Yep it would be crazy...or on decision day for congress having the nose gear develop a hydraulic leak...Then getting approval only to lose that plane and pilot the next day...man it had to be a rollercoaster of emotions at Grumman...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry but here 21st March is spring, no traces of snow or winter... And no it is not waste of time nor we should forget that Heatblur actually failed 2 times in a row with this product ( first in 2017, then in 2018).

Especially considering last summer`s Viggen sale ( which was completely broken) and then this fall`s falsely hyped preorder for F-14 (which is nowhere to be seen considering we have snow all around us, and it is winter, and suddenly it is moved for spring).

They wont be getting any more of my money. Period.

No matter what they release - 2 out of 2 - enough is enough.

Edited by BigBadVuk