[WOULD NOT BE ACCURATE] Does the F-18C have an MLWS?

D4n

Hawg disagrees with you :P

In the case of the Hawg it wasnt like they went to Wal-Mart, bought a MWS and just slapped it on, as Skate mentionend.. They redesigned the Hawg pretty big time.. Right? :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

now this right here is what we really should be talking about that and the gold plated balls that driver had the gold flight wings attached to.. cuz that had to have a pucker factor of 11..

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

You Forget the F/A-18C is a 70's Design,

EuroFighter, Rafale, F-22, F-35, are at least 15 years newer in the grand scheme of things.

You cant just slap a MWS on an existing Airframe, it needs to be part of the design (sensor placement etc)

no i didnt forget

And the other examples i listed like the M2000 is actually also 70s designs... just like Hornet or Hawg for that matter.

Hawg disagrees with you :P

The sensor placement on the Hawg was quite simple. Wingtips and tail.

^^

anyways what he said.

IF they really wanted to the they could invest money to incorporate MWS like they did for the A10C ( 70s design) , but like i said it seems the USN want to shell out money on a legacy platform especially one thats being retired in a few years.

Of course it is what it is, so we won't get MWs because it wouldn't be realistic as the RL Hornet doesn't have one. So there really isn't anything to argue about.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

You Forget the F/A-18C is a 70's Design,

EuroFighter, Rafale, F-22, F-35, are at least 15 years newer in the grand scheme of things.

You cant just slap a MWS on an existing Airframe, it needs to be part of the design (sensor placement etc)

The question has been answered for the Hornet, it is what it is: no missile warning system.

But for potential upgrade:

ac06s5.jpg

Danish F-16

https://issuu.com/globalbusinessmedia.org/docs/defence_industry_reports_100_____ad

RDAF_001.jpg

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article4238.html

From position and orientation we can see it's optimized to detect MANPADs/ SAM.

But it would detect any missile within FoV :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 7 months later...

Hornet Missile Warning System

I was wondering, since the AN/ALE-47 has an automatic program for IR-Sam (present in the LUA file for the countermeasure programmes

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device),

there must be either a AN/AAR-38 or AN/AAR-57 Missile Warning System on board of the Hornet for it to detect IR-Sam´s.

I was wondering whether these systems are gone be modelled in the finished release version, and if so, are we gone get IR-Missile warnings like in for example the Mirage?

Thanks for your help

I was wondering, since the AN/ALE-47 has an automatic program for IR-Sam (present in the LUA file for the countermeasure programmes

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device),

Might have been copied over from the A-10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.