MFDs unreadable on Oculus Rift

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is having issues reading the MFDs while in VR. The entire aircraft cockpit is fairly crisp and readable apart from when i turn the MFDs on. All the text shows as just green boxes, almost like im wearing NFGs at night and the brightness is much too high.

Ive looked around and cant see anyone else who seems to be having the same issue.

Can anyone hwlp, i would love to use the F18 in VR but i cant due to not having operational mfds.

Graphical wise, i have everything on max. and the Vr level set at 1.7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I had the same glitch once after playing with some mods.., but running a repair helped. Try to run dcs updater with a repair option: DCS_Updater.exe repair

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is having issues reading the MFDs while in VR. The entire aircraft cockpit is fairly crisp and readable apart from when i turn the MFDs on. All the text shows as just green boxes, almost like im wearing NFGs at night and the brightness is much too high.

Ive looked around and cant see anyone else who seems to be having the same issue.

Can anyone hwlp, i would love to use the F18 in VR but i cant due to not having operational mfds.

Graphical wise, i have everything on max. and the Vr level set at 1.7

Edited by sea2sky

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I had the same glitch once after playing with some mods.., but running a repair helped. Try to run dcs updater with a repair option: DCS_Updater.exe repair

Sadly repair didn’t work.

HUD and the centre map mfd is fine, but the left and right one. Forget it.

I’ve tried adjusting the FD init.lua file to adjust line size but still not good.

D76CA16C-56CA-4AE5-8CB2-538DCA9BF4FF.thumb.jpg.4382126d615c8463a2131ed7daddd176.jpg

D383DBCB-E0EB-4028-A344-AEA97A2F02FF.thumb.jpg.c3dc066fb99c4a3051b72a3cf40d8024.jpg

F539CA60-E575-416A-84D9-977AAF3FE206.thumb.jpg.3f2b0bf725b4cf900f1b340686ee09ed.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I had this issue when first switching to VR from using exported instruments to multiple monitors. Exported MFD's require, for example, modified MDI_left_init.lua located here:

[Your Install Folder]\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\MDI_left_init.lua.

Replace the 2 files with originals.

Do you use 2 monitors?

When flying in VR, I have to switch my multimonitor config to single screen,then the MFD are readable in VR.

Yes I do.

Thanks will give that a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]