[NO BUG] new cockpit missing textures

Vatikus

Problem after update I don't have, try in saved games, delete the directory fxo and metashaders2.

If that doesn't work use this command: DCS_Updater.exe repair

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I have the same problem but removing those two folders didn't help. I would like to try the repair but cant find detailed enough instructions as to how to do this. Either the instructions are too vague (what folder? the saved games or the C: eagle dynamics?) or my operating system is different to the youtube video, frustrating much...

Would anyone be so kind as to walk me through it as if Eagle dynamics and windows are not my first language?

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

I have the same problem but removing those two folders didn't help. I would like to try the repair but cant find detailed enough instructions as to how to do this. Either the instructions are too vague (what folder? the saved games or the C: eagle dynamics?) or my operating system is different to the youtube video, frustrating much...

Would anyone be so kind as to walk me through it as if Eagle dynamics and windows are not my first language?

You can either seek in Windows start, programs, Eagle Dynamics, and there should be a Repair option, or open a command console (type CMD in search programs), navigate to your install location and bin folder, there type "DCS_Updater.exe repair" (without quotes).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Use this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Thanks for the help guys, I have followed both methods above and both times it went through a repair cycle, I did the windows start Eagle dynamics repair method first and that seemed to make it worse, now the mirror is gone altogether and the struts behind the seat are missing and my key bindings were all borked. then I tried the second CMD method and it went through a repair process, but still have missing textures, mirror and strut still missing but key bindings are back to normal.

WTF???

Also the FA18 has the bomb fall line missing with GBUs, cant drop in CCRP.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

For me a Clean and then a Repair fixed the issue. Now Cockpit is normal and beautiful

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I am having a similar issue. The entire mirror texture is missing. Following petsild's advice: removing the fxo and metashaders2 files as well as running the DCS repair function have not fixed the issue.

This is only an issue with the Mustang. The spitfire mirror works correctly.

Also, I am not running any Mustang mods.

Screen_181220_193422.thumb.png.320d5448abce2d658dac4204b2a02409.png

For me a Clean and then a Repair fixed the issue. Now Cockpit is normal and beautiful

It really is.

From the WIP screenshots I wasn't sold but once you're in the cockpit it all makes sense. There's something creepily realistic about the textures and lighting.

I just hope all the older modules get a make-over.

So in the CMD thing I would first do 'DCS_Updater.exe clean' then after that has completed do 'DCS_Updater.exe repair'?

I appreciate the help guys. :thumbup:

Syntax should be "DCS_Updater.exe cleanup", though repair is the way to go in order to check the files and get it working, cleanup just gets rid of useless files.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I deleted my metashaders2, fxo, ran a repair and this fixed the missing texture issue.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mistake I can confirm in version 2.5.4.26368

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM