can we have a February Monthly update :)

plehmann

Nah, we can always keep an old PC around when that time comes. This genre is dying, gentlemen.

People have been saying that since the 90's. Somehow, it's hasn't happened yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other serious CFS's that are currently officially supported and being updated include: Rise of Flight and IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad (with Battle of Moscow officially announced as a stand alone addon in development). On the civy side, there is X-Plane, P3D and FSX Steam edition. On the softcore side there is War Thunder which may not have many fans here but does draw in fresh blood to the genre. So no, this really isn't it. There are a surprising number of options actually, more than there were in the CFS mass extinction of the early 2000's.

The growth of indie gaming and it's ability to be sustainable and sometimes even very very succesful, combined with the fact that technology and knowledge to design games are getting more and more accessible and common, pretty much ended any chances of a particular genre to completely die.

If there is a big enough niche, it's likely that it will survive or worse case, that it will come back to life after some time.

TBH high fidelity simming is a more vibrant market now than I've ever seen, and I've been into high fidelity sims since the late '90s. DCS has to take a lot of the credit for that.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

TBH high fidelity simming is a more vibrant market now than I've ever seen, and I've been into high fidelity sims since the late '90s. DCS has to take a lot of the credit for that.

Very much so.

I remember a review which compared the DCS mustang against the mustang developed for FSX by that team which do high fidelity add ons.

The FSX version came out on top which is a complete farce as it failed to factor in the accuracy of flight models.

For high fidelity DCS tops it, and once all flight simmers are fully educated about this more will convert I'm sure. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I have never been really convinced by the flight modell of their C172, although it is said to be quit accurate. In my limited opinion the FM in DCS feels more sound....

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

The Long Awaited Leatherneck update?

Where is it?

5 hours remaining in CET to 03-03-2015...

and counting

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Read the other thread. 20:00 EST, per Cobra.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440