some mods work others don't especially skins - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #11
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Gordon View Post
Thanks Art-J, I added a couple into the /bazar/liveries etc as per your directory tree and prefixed them Bf-109 K4 but they don't appear. Annoyingly the other ones are in that directory and show in mission editor but mine don't.
Give me a link to one of those, which don't seem to work for you and I'll take a look.

You've got the spelling right? The can be no space between "109" and "K", only uniterrupted string of characters.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #12
uscstaylor

I have a slight problem guys and could use your insight. I have an F-16C mod that I added to my Mods/Aircraft folder from within the main directory. It a weird problem I can access the aircraft fine but the skins aren't showing in game. When I go to the Mission Planner and select a skin its always the Arkansas Razors skin that shows up. I see the skin pack that I created for the F-16A mod which this mod uses also. The skins names are showing in the drop down menu and you can select it but still the arkansas razors is always in game.

Heres some screens in order

Then I go to Mission Editor and see the F-16C

Then I go to drop down menu and see my skin pack the the plane uses which is also the same skin pack for the F-16A

Then the new skin is selected but the skin dont change..So I go in game to fly to see if skin will appear.

Finally Im in the pit then click F2 to see skin on outside..

Here's what I see no matter what skin I choose

My game is 1.5 version and of my mods in game work fine but I just can't figure out this skins problem...Anyone have any ides or fixes. I install my skins in the main game directory in the bazaar liveries folder so it should technically work. Thanks in advance guys!

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Spoiler:
Gigabyte Z-270X G7 Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit
uscstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #13
Captain Gordon

Hi Art-J I'd love to but I don't know how to attach a screenshot (DOH!)
Captain Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #14
Captain Gordon

ps I've removed the space between the 109 and K
Old 08-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #15
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Don't need a screenshot, but a link to the place where you downloaded the particular skin from, so I can get it too and see how to make it work.

P.S. - as for the screens, on this forum we can add them as any other attachments: Go Advanced -> Manage Attachment -> Choose File -> Upload.

Last edited by Art-J; 08-04-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #16
Captain Gordon

Hi Art-J, it's actually from DCS itself, I love the look of the red one.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1193261/
Old 08-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #17
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Allright, checked it out. It works, you probably didn't extract the archive properly, as the author zipped two separate skins in one archive.

Tip for the future - take a look at how folders in DCS are organized for all the skins that work OK and organize your custom ones accordingly. You will notice that for the skins general rule is the same - in the "Liveries" folder, the next level below must be the chosen vehicle folder (in this case "Bf-109K4", always watch the spelling!), next one below - skin folder (e.g. "K4HellhoundRed"), that MUST be the last one and it must contain a bunch of various files with .dds extension plus "description.lua" file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	166913  

Last edited by Art-J; 08-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #18
Captain Gordon

Well, it's got me beaten, I have put the skin directly in the game file directory in my dcs.openalpha alongside all the others and it is not offered in payload choices or Alt+'

The dds and lua files are there with the JG27s etc with exactly the right spelling but no success. I even set up an OvGME to enable with the full directory DCS World 2 Openalpha\Bazar\Liveries\Bf-109K-4\Bf-109k-4_DIF_JG 26 Sprick_1941 Dirty which had the 3 x dds and the lua file.

It looks just like your attachment Art-J
Old 08-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #19
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

Looks good, you're getting there. OK, maybe it's the question of country your virtual pilot flies for? As I said, some custom German skins can be loaded only when you've set your country in mission editor as "Germany". To be sure, open the description.lua file of a chosen skin with any text editor and look at the last line titled "countries" - there will be a list of abbreviations related to countries the skin can be used for (this file can be edited obviously and other countries can be added if needed). I don't have this "Sprick 1941" skin, so cannot confirm.

Last edited by Art-J; 08-06-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #20
Captain Gordon

Art J many thanks! finally got there, a lovely (albeit out of date 1941) colour scheme. I opened the .lua in notepad and saw at the bottom "GER", "USA" and "SUI". So I added Germany to my Axis team and voila!

Brill, thanks!

Tags
jsgme, mods, not working