A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification DLC

The A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification campaign puts you in the cockpit of an A-10C Warthog, and tests your ability to use the aircraft's weapon systems successfully.

Based on real world qualification requirements you will fly 10 performance check rides to execute against pre-defined performance objectives. If successful you will rate a Qualified rating and proceed to the next performance objective.

• The campaign covers a number of key areas including Air to Air Refueling Day and Night, Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance, Target Area Ingress Preparation, Illumination Flare Employment, Air to Air Gun and Missile Employment, Air to Ground Gun & Rocket Employment, Unguided and Guided Bomb Employment, and Missile Employment.
  • There are over 1200 voiceovers and over 206 pages of briefing material including the A-10C Amplified Checklist, Maps, Target Diagrams, and Mission Data cards.
  • Additionally 10 Practice Missions are included so you can perfect your Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) prior to taking the qualification check rides.

Also included are 10 Single Player Practice missions that can be played through the Missions menu.

We also placed the practice missions in their own campaign so you should see them in the campaigns folder.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS WorldModscampaignsA-10C AAT

Documentation for the campaign (including the A-10C Amplified checklist) can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS WorldModscampaignsA-10C AATDoc

Hints and Tips:

Follow the Flight Examiner's instructions closely. If you deviate from the flight plan or fail to perform the instructions indicated you will fail the Performance Objective.

Study the diagrams and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.

The practice missions have extra dialogue to help explain the tactics, techniques and procedures to help pass the Qualification mission.

For AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment try and drop when right over the target as the flares tend to drop straight down and we want maximum illumination over the target area. You need to drop below 6000' AGL and when dropping press and hold the release button for a few seconds. You should hear the pilot say "2 Away" and then if you are within the correct parameters the FE will say "Well Done! Target in Sight".

A-10C Pilot Qualification Course

The A-10C Pilot Qualification Course has the following phases

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training

Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification

Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Phase 1 Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training: Initial Qualification Training (IQT)

Is a pre-requisite for Phase 2. To complete Phase 1 execute the in game training missions and fly some test missions. Read the A-10C Flight Manual to become familiar with the A-10C aircraft systems and instruments.

Phase 2 Basic Flight Training Qualification: Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

This qualification phase measures your ability to fly the aircraft and work the navigation systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 3.

Phase 3 Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification: Basic Mission Capable (BMC).

This qualification phase measures your ability to execute basic mission capabilities including air to air refueling and evading threats as well as working all weapons systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 4.

Phase 4 Tactical Training Qualification: Combat Mission Ready (CMR).

This qualification phase measures your ability to execute more advanced mission capabilities including working with JTACS and Airborne FACs, using Wingmen, performing CAS, CSAR and Deep Interdiction mission types.

Campaign Details:

Phase 2 - Basic Flight Training Qualification contains:

Contact Stage (VFR):

1. Perform Ground Handling

2. Perform Take-Off and EFATO

3. Fly Traffic Pattern

4. Perform Approach and Landing

5. Perform Basic Maneuvers

6. Perform Advanced Handling

7. Perform Aerobatics

8. Respond to Emergencies

Instrument / Navigation Stage (IFR):

9. Instrument Approach (Landing)

10. Instrument Flight Plan Navigation

Formation Stage:

11. Fly 2 Ship as Wingman

Low-Level Stage

12. Fly Low-Level Flight Plan

Phase 3 - Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification contains:

Advanced Flight Training Stage

AFT01 - Air to Air Refueling Day

AFT02 - Air to Air Refueling Night

AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance

AFT04 - Target Area Ingress Preparation

AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment

Air to Air Combat Stage:

AAT06 - AA Gun and Missile Employment

Surface Attack Stage:

AAT07 - Gun & Rocket Employment

AAT08 - Unguided Bomb Employment

AAT09 - Guided Bomb Employment

AAT10 - Missile Employment

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification contains:

Close Air Support Tactical Stage:

TAC11 - FAC / JTAC Coordination

TAC12 - Stationary and Moving Target Tasking

TAC13 - Danger Close Tasking

TAC14 - SEAD Tasking

Battlefield Air Interdiction Tactical Stage:

TAC15 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Day

TAC16 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Night

TAC17 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Special Forces Coordination

Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC) Tactical Stage:

TAC18 - SADL Datalink Engagement

TAC19 - CAS Mission Management Day

TAC20 - CAS Mission Management Night

TAC21 - BAI Mission Management Day

TAC22 - BAI Mission Management Night

Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Tactical Stage:

TAC23 - CSAR Management Day

TAC24 - CSAR Management Night

Tactical Summary Stage:

TAC25 - Simulated Combat Mission

We hope you enjoy these campaigns. We believe they will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 2 months later...

I don't know if it is bugged or not, but after completing the BFT I purchased the AATQ campaign.

In the campaign you don't do a training mission anymore instead it jumps to the check ride straight away.

AFT01 & 02 could be passend without completing anything, but by quitting after the instructor says something like "This should be enough for today".

AFT03 flew the training mission several times, with passing without any damage or minor damage. AFT03 during the check ride is a total different story. It's like the AAA are set to no miss. I don't even get to the SAM.

Thanks and cheers Sven

Yes based on user feedback we removed the practice missions from the campaign structure. They are still provided with the campaign and you can play them through the Missions Menu.

They are located here:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

For AFT01 and 02 they are Air to Air Refueling missions so you need to complete a few refueling to pass those missions.

For AFT03 try jinking more and watch for the tracers. When they fire you can usually dodge them (unless something changed in the latest patches - we will retest).

Yes based on user feedback we removed the practice missions from the campaign structure. They are still provided with the campaign and you can play them through the Missions Menu.

Yes I found them. I just didn't know you wouldn't fly a training mission before the check ride in the campaign anymore.

For AFT01 and 02 they are Air to Air Refueling missions so you need to complete a few refueling to pass those missions.

Thats what I mean I didn't even connect.

When I tried the AFT01 the first time, thinking the campaign would start with a training mission, I quitted after not connecting once neither did I land.

But still I passed and it proceded to AFT02.

AFT02 I connected once, but I had to leave early, after quitting, I still passed the check ride.

Cheers Sven

I cannot seem to pass the illumination flares mission no matter what I do. I've now visually verificably flown this mission for at least 10 times through.

First I noticed that I have to fly over IP quite exactly, so that is solved. However, I'm very unclear on how should I do the drop of the flares. Parameters say that within 1Nm and under 6000AGL, so I tried doing that at altitude lower than initial 8000AGL (Mission could have note about that too). Also for fast target management, I've tried both setting initial mark points beforehand to WP areas and also sestting EL of target WP:s to 0, so I can slave my TGP to ground level immediately.

I've tried to do this by dropping those flares in multiple different altitudes like 5250, 4000, even almost point blank at just 500 feet by practically divebombing the flares in place over trucks. Most of the time I do get 2 AWAY message, but not even that always?

I noticed that there are two lines of visible trucks at Target 1 WP, one bit further from the WP itself, maybe this is the issue? In addition, should I drop flares on top of WP or on top of units?

I haven't received notification about hit on any other waypoints either, except flying over last waypoint I get message that says basically well done, head for egress.

After landing though, I keep getting rating U.

Having message to tell which objectives you failed on mission would help me debug my flight. Now there is no way to know if mission decided to fail due to bad illumination or for example me doing shutdown procedure in non-kosher order (like turning off MFCDs while still in motion near parking)

Edited by Jalava

I cannot seem to pass the illumination flares mission no matter what I do. I've now visually verificably flown this mission for at least 10 times through.

First I noticed that I have to fly over IP quite exactly, so that is solved. However, I'm very unclear on how should I do the drop of the flares. Parameters say that within 1Nm and under 6000AGL, so I tried doing that at altitude lower than initial 8000AGL (Mission could have note about that too). Also for fast target management, I've tried both setting initial mark points beforehand to WP areas and also sestting EL of target WP:s to 0, so I can slave my TGP to ground level immediately.

I've tried to do this by dropping those flares in multiple different altitudes like 5250, 4000, even almost point blank at just 500 feet by practically divebombing the flares in place over trucks. Most of the time I do get 2 AWAY message, but not even that always?

I noticed that there are two lines of visible trucks at Target 1 WP, one bit further from the WP itself, maybe this is the issue? In addition, should I drop flares on top of WP or on top of units?

I haven't received notification about hit on any other waypoints either, except flying over last waypoint I get message that says basically well done, head for egress.

After landing though, I keep getting rating U.

Having message to tell which objectives you failed on mission would help me debug my flight. Now there is no way to know if mission decided to fail due to bad illumination or for example me doing shutdown procedure in non-kosher order (like turning off MFCDs while still in motion near parking)

I had the same issue with this mission and in the end just skiped it by editing logbook.lua. In the end I repeated it dozens of times so I feel I had enough practice with droping iluminaton flares which is the end goal of the mission :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry you are having trouble with this mission. We used to be able to use a bomb in zone trigger but ED removed the flares from this so we had to use a different method.

On success you will hear "Well Done. Target in sight!". If you don't hear that then you missed one of the parameters.

When releasing the flares drop when directly over the target, below 6000' (ensure your QFE setting is set) and press and hold the release button for a 2 second count. You should hear the pilot say "2 away".

We check for the release button being pressed when in the trigger zone and at the correct altitude. If you don't hold the button long enough the game engine may not register it so the trigger fails.

We saw this similar situation in the start-up routines where we recommend at least a 1 full second count. I think due to the multiple conditions in the trigger in this mission it takes the game engine a few more milliseconds to register the key press.

We will retest and see if we can come up with a better method to determine a successful flare drop.

On success you will hear "Well Done. Target in sight!". If you don't hear that then you missed one of the parameters.

Check! But only at after illuminating TARGET 3 WP7. Then he says lets move on to EGRESS or something similar.

When releasing the flares drop when directly over the target, below 6000' (ensure your QFE setting is set) and press and hold the release button for a 2 second count. You should hear the pilot say "2 away".

Check! 5500ft, QFE 29.86, press 2 sec and I get the message 2 away, but no Well done target in sight except for Target 3 WP7

Then after you land I get a failed.

Two other things.

- Mission thinks you'll be landing RWY 25 put tower tells you to use RWY 7

- I have an F-117 parked on my parking position.

Cheers Sven

The trigger code is the same for all 3 targets so I don't know why it didn't register for you on Targets 1 or 2. Maybe try holding the release button a little longer so it registers as you overfly the target.

The flight plan is to fly back to Kobuleti but due to wind ATC may direct you to a different runway. If the runway is occupied ATC may instruct you to go around or even divert. Batumi is the divert airfield.

For parking we say "You can park in the first free revetment on your left." So pick the next one that is free. The parking trigger zone covers the whole airfield so it actually doesn't really matter where you park on the airfield to end the mission. Same at Batumi.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I also tried the Illumination mission multiple times now and did everything you suggested. I also got all three "Target in sight" replies.

After the instructor says I shall fly to the egress point, nothing happens. I can land but cant finish the mission (that means getting a rating). It seems that after the last mission trigger the script stopped working somehow.

Everything works fine in the training missions. Any suggestions?

I would really like continue with the campaign. Is there a way to skip the mission?

Btw I updated DCS World to 1.5.6 before attempting the mission.

Best regards.

Sounds like the Egress trigger isn't working.

If you hear the "Cleared in Hot" message at the IP waypoint and then later when you Egress between WP 8 and 9 you should hear "Let's review the Egress Checklist..."

To skip the mission you can follow the instructions in this post.

We have also put together the following suggestions when triggers don't work as expected:

Missions not playing as expected?

For most users the missions play fine however for some the missions don't play as expected.

Missing voice overs or other actions that are expected don't occur. This is a sign something is wrong so take the steps below to try and fix it:

1. Fly the mission flight plan as briefed. If you deviate you may miss some important trigger zones which will affect mission execution.

2. Compare your experience to the Recon Stewart Videos

If you see things happening in the video that are not happening in your experience when you are doing #1 then there is some problem causing the triggers to fail.

3. Uninstall any mods and do a DCS Repair. We have seen mods impact some missions and a DCS Repair will correct any game engine files that have become corrupted or are not working properly.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the campaign or mission. This can also help repair any problems with the campaign or mission files.

5. Update your video card driver. We have seen this correct trigger problems for some users.

6. If there is still a problem open a support issue with ED. There could have been a recent game engine change that altered the trigger behavior so a mission update may be required to get the mission working properly again.

Continue to report issues on the forum if the above steps fail so other users will be aware.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Hi Sabre,

thanks for your quick answer. I watched the videos already and did everything exactly the same. I also updated my graphic card driver but it doesn't change anything.

I now skipped the level by editing the lua file. If I have further issues in upcoming missions I will also try to uninstall and reinstall the campaigns (I have no mods installed).

Despite this little issue, I really enjoy your flight training campaigns. Keep up the good work.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding the Illumination Flares mission, I'm also having problems. Dropping the flares at 8000 AGL gives me a "Check Altitude" message, or something similar, but dropping from a lower altitude like suggested earlier in the thread doesn't work because at any altitude below ~7500 feet, I get a CCRP Invalid message on my HUD. This is getting incredibly frustrating, as I can't pass it by flying the mission, and I have absolutely no idea how to edit the logbook to skip the mission. I'd really like to pass it by flying it, though. Someone please help!!

You can't use the CCRP to drop flares as they don't drop like a normal bomb. They don't have any weight so they tend to drop straight down.

Try dropping them when you are right over the waypoint, ensure you press and hold the release button for a two second count and you should hear the pilot say "2 Away".

Flares have to be dropped at a low altitude below 6500' as they burn out quickly.

You can read more about Illumination Flares at this excellent 476th thread.

• 2 months later...
You can't use the CCRP to drop flares as they don't drop like a normal bomb. They don't have any weight so they tend to drop straight down.

What?!? Now I´m confused...

Sorry Sabre, but the Flight Examiner himself said to use CCRP see the attached pic. Thanks.

1246286540_FlareMission.jpg.99c66ce8e8f6488edef9abc8dcd31e72.jpg

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

The CCRP solution cue for the illumination flares is bugged. The azimuth steering line drifts to the side as you get closer to the target. It's been like this for a while. Someone should report it to ED.

Agree! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

Love these missions!

2.5 Update for TTQ13/ATT13. I FINALLY completed this after around 10 attempts. Usually the second group of infantry causing trouble because if you don't shack them all the friendlies often get killed (which results in a "blue on blue" radio call which hurts to hear!).

A couple bugs I assume are related to 2.5 I'll report just to help improve them:

1. On the first group of 2 APCs, after my first gun run I "lost" the APC which starts closest to the corner of the fence. I finally found it, IN the fence. Kinda like it tried to drive directly into the compound and crashed through the fence. Not as cool as it sounds as it was kinda just merged/overlapping and 45 degrees upwards. Fortunately I was still able to plink it without hitting friendlies.

2. Before I could even complete readback to Jaguar 1-1's troops in contact call, he called out abort-abort-abort. Figuring all was lost, I proceeded home as instructed but was surprised to pass with a Q. On tacview review, they defended themselves and I was not required. Realistic I suppose but a) confusing b) timing was such I had zero chance to help. I figure I earned it because of the 10 previous attempts and I happy to move on.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png