Mig-15 Hope for Campaign/Missions - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #1
frixon28

Default Mig-15 Hope for Campaign/Missions

Hey everyone,
I am seriously thinking about buying the MiG-15 (I hope to buy a real one eventually!), but I was wondering if it was worth it(thinking about it before the sale ends on the 23). No doubt the module itself is amazing, but considering this Module is fully released now and there is still an abysmal lack of content (campaigns, missions, no pilot) is it really worth it. Is there more of a future for this aircraft, because in my opinion not having a campaign available with it and a lack of mission really hinders what you can actually do with the module. If not I think I am going to get the Fishbed. I really want to get this module but there just has to be more to it, there simply is a lack of content. Does anyone know if BST has said anything about a campaign for the F-86/MiG-15? I can't believe that they would give the Hip a campaign but not some of the most iconic jet fighters of history!

Just looking for some real world advice and opinions!

Frixon28
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
sunshine_db

Hi Frixon,
They released a campaign separately for the MiG-15 and F-86 called Museum Relic. I think you can use one plane or the other.

But you have to purchase it additionally, check the DCS website, under campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sunshine_db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
tintifaxl

Keeping in mind the unfitting timeframe of the Mig with the available maps, I totally understand that there is no campaign from BST. Makes no sense until a 1950 map is available.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_db View Post
Hi Frixon,
They released a campaign separately for the MiG-15 and F-86 called Museum Relic. I think you can use one plane or the other.

But you have to purchase it additionally, check the DCS website, under campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Museum Relic campaign is just purely fantastic. One of the best out there for DCS. I think it's worth getting the MiG-15 and F-86F just for it.
At this moment both planes are needed to play the campaign but due to recent news this will change though the timeline is not known at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Keeping in mind the unfitting timeframe of the Mig with the available maps, I totally understand that there is no campaign from BST. Makes no sense until a 1950 map is available.
The map would be nice but lack of it isn't the main problem. The bigger issue is lack of the units from the era. Furthermore those few that are available at the moment are in some cases not even fully functional - for instance the Bear bomber not being able to drop bombs.
In result creating interesting and engaging missions for Sabre and Fagot is extremely difficult. I would assume that's the reason that more or less there is almost close to no content in terms of single player and multiplier missions. It's a pity but unfortunately this is the situation - after getting the modules and enjoying learning time there is close to nothing out there.
On the other hand those are yet another reasons for which all the great work with Museum Relic campaign can be appreciated.
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
Schmidtfire

Hi frixon28, there is a pilot-body that can be switched on or off. MiG-15bis is a very well made module, but is lacking a bit in content atm. I would say the most "complete" packages are A10C, BS2, FC3 and the MiG-21bis. You know, It is what it is. If singleplayer content is more important to you, more important than flying the module of your favourite aircraft in the whole wide world... have a look at my suggestions. If you can make do with DLC campaigns, user made missions etc. the MiG-15bis is not a bad choice.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
firmek

MiG-21bis is a great module, for sure worth getting into but as for the SP stock campaign... well just to say that it's probably better to get into it when another options of flying MiG-21bis have run out.
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #7
lmp
ED Translator

The current Caucasus map is actually not all that inappropriate for the MiG-15bis. If you squint a little and ignore that it's a few decades too modern, there was a number of PVO squadrons operating MiG-15s in the 60s in current day Georgia (look up "14th Air Defence Corps "or "14-й корпус ПВО"). As others said, it's more about the lack of units.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #8
frixon28

Hey everyone thanks for all the replies!,
Thanks for clarifying that the MiG-15 does include the pilot model, I posted too soon and a review I was watching later on showed it off so I apologize sincerely for not looking into that more. I should have mentioned that I was aware of the Museum Relic Campaign, however I can only afford to buy a single module. What I really meant to ask is there any speculation/news/conspiracy theories about if BST will eventually be releasing a campaign. I just really wish BST will be adding more content to the Fagot/Sabre before they try to release another module.
Thanks for the help and time.
Frixon 28
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:50 PM   #9
lmp
ED Translator

I'm not aware of any official declarations or even hints from the developers that the MiG-15bis module will in the future come with a campaign. As for speculations... don't base your purchase decisions on speculations . As far as content goes, the MiG-21 module has more of it. It's also a more complex aircraft with a wider array of weapons and systems to play around with. The 15bis OTOH is more bug free at the moment.

BTW, in case you haven't played the Mi-8 campaign you mentioned in the first post - give it a go. It's actually quite interesting and fun.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #10
javelina1

The MiG-15 is a well made module. I enjoy flying it, and do so quite a bit. For the price, I don't see how you could go wrong. :-)

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belsimtek, mig 15