[MiG-15bis VIDEO] Five kills for the red devil

Chimango

Hey i had you guys abandoned! But i came back to MiG-15 after a couple of months. I was struggling with my new X52 after having the Saitek EVo for 9 years, but still managed to get some deck level fight kills during fun furball at the <51> server.

• Like 1

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

[...] I always use the caged sight nowadays, i find the gyro a bit inaccurate and it doesn´t help me much. No secrets, just practice, focus on enemy angle on your sight, anticipate his vector, and use the outer circle to aim mostly, not the inner one.

[...]

May I ask what do you mean with the underlined tip? How does one aim with the outer ring? :helpsmilie:

Great tips - thanks for sharing

Thanks for your comments DirtyFret. When i say i use the outer line of the sight when aiming means that when an enemy plane is maneuvering in front of me with certain angle, i don´t pair attention to the center of the sight. I draw an imaginary line fro his position to the center of the crosshair and as soon as the plane is about to reach (or when it reaches, depending on distance) the outer line i shoot with 37mm.

Check my videos; you'll see this in many shots, like the one during the first kill in the "2vs2" video; or "the opportunist sneaks in"; or even in current video you can also see that at 7:14.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 4 weeks later...

Chimango, When I have free time, I have to look at your great videos, again. I want to learn the Mig-15 and you are a great person to try to emulate. I am very impressed with the results you get. It is no easy feat. To put it in Star Wars terms, the F86F is like the X-Wing and the Mig-15 is like a TIE. The F86F is better than the Mig-15bis in most ways, able to out roll, usually out turn, out dive, and, if moving fast, out zoom climb, the Mig-15. It really takes a skilled TIE pilot....I mean Mig pilot, to dominate the F86F, that is for sure. :smilewink:

:thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

• 1 month later...