The MiG-15bis wishlist! - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #21
SgtPappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo. View Post
My thoughts exactly

Have you got any info regarding automatic air brakes, rear view mirror and ASP-3NM by any chance? When exactly they were implemented etc?

As I said before, I am not asking for these to be modeled necessaruily, I am happy with the module as it is, pretty awesome I just wonder which version exactly have we got in the sim. My guess was early variant of MiG-15bis...

Also, can anyone confirm that OSP-48 (blind landing equipment) is installed? I am aware of the NDB possibilities and ARK-5, the RV-2 is also installed and so is the MRP-48. I am not sure though if that makes our MiG an all-weather fighter and if blind landings are possible at all.
We have a relatively late version of the MiG-15bis actually (mid/late 1951), although to be more accurate, it should probably have the RWR (late 1952/53). This version has the newer, faster-firing NR-23 and N-37 cannons. You can tell by looking at the bulges on the sides of the plane. Also, I think the automatic speed brake capability was installed ever since the MiG-15bis entered service.
SgtPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #22
zsoltfireman

Chocks,ladder,covers,removable pilot!
zsoltfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #23
SgtPappy

I seem to have been mistaken. Our MiG-15bis looks as if it is a late version, but our version still has the NS-23 mm cannons despite looking as if it has the newer, faster-firing NR-23 cannons in the MiG-15bis (late) which should also have a bit more ammo. See the attached link: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...her-mig-15bis/
SgtPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #24
IonicRipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsoltfireman View Post
Chocks,ladder,covers,removable pilot!
Wheel chocks are there