MiG29 throttle curve ?

Stealth29U.K

Hi, sorry if this has already been covered,

The throttle on the updated MiG29 seems to be very hard to control accurately, small movements seem to cause cause a big jump in the RPM,like its bunched in 1 area for the most part, just wondered if anyone has managed to find/make a usable curve for the throttle?,I can see formation flying could be a problem as it is, as its very difficult to make precise thrust adjustments

Thanks in advance

.. just wondered if anyone has managed to find/make a usable curve for the throttle?

Hi,

I've a TM Cougar, that has two detents on its range, one for idle and another for AB, at about 1/4 and 2/3 of its travel, like this:

jhSXFID.jpg

So, I made a curve to match that as much as possible, so that the rpm gauge goes just over 80% when I come out of the Idle detent, and the AB lights when I'm at the AB detent ... the curve turned out like this:

G4tLV6r.jpg

I've tested it for a few days now and it works well with my Hotas, hopefully the same approach can be used with yours too.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

:thumbup: Many thanks for the advice, Il have a play around with the settings later,mind you now Ive just seen the warthog dual throttles, cant imagine what Id use all the buttons and switches for(assuming that they are all programmable) on it as I only go on the Aerobatics Online server but it sure looks like a nice piece of kit,

Thanks again

Edited by Stealth29(U.K)

... cant imagine what Id use all the buttons and switches for(assuming that they are all programmable) on it as I only go on the Aerobatics Online server

I fly DCS mostly on VR, so I do try to use the keyboard as little as possible, puting the most used functions on the Hotas.

Even if you only do aerobatics, you should at the very least have the airbrake, flaps & landing gear mapped on the Hotas, and also the communication PTTs to talk with the members of the flight.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

bit of an update ,now I've worked out how to do it I had to drastically alter the throttle curve to a user profile, just about got it dialled in how I like it now though and a bit of tweaking X and Y curves and the rudder curve and its getting there now , so def needs a bit of tweaking but I just managed 2 text book landings in a row and a loop right after lift off:thumbup:

Edited by Stealth29(U.K)