[THERE IS NO TGP BORESGHT COMMAND] Boresight TGP?

mia389

TMS Aft seems to Cursor Zero the TGP back to the active steerpoint. But you can still get the same effect if you do SP (Snow Plow).

1) Air-to-Ground Mode

2) Ensure CCRP is current mode.

3) Point your aircraft on the azimuth of the target on the ground you want to put the TGP on.

4) Push "SP" on the right side of the TGP MFD to go into Snow Plow mode

5) Push TMS Right to go into Area Track, and then move the TGP up or down in elevation to get the TGP on target

Pro:

- You don't need to point the TGP on the target by going into a dive like boresight mode

Con:

- A few additional button/HOTAS presses

But you can still get the TGP on target pretty quickly.

Your method does work, however, are there any joystick button assignments for snowplough?

Hi

Well, you're tight. It's negative learning, but as far as the module is not complete I need some workarounds to get the job done! I also would add some things to my trick in order for it to work: you need to move the cursor around at least one time to get the boresight feature. Otherwise I can't make it to spiral down to the center.

I didn't found that "make HUD SOI" necesary, but if you say so...

Saludos

Saca111

I dont normally complain, but a short best practice video by someone qualified would be appreciated. How does the TGP work IRL for TOO targets and can it be demo'd please. Thanks.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

I’ve entered hot vipers with multiple steer points pre loaded enter CCRP AG mode make TGP SOI enter SP leave SP TMS up to enter area track slew the TGP and the hud box doesn’t follow still. Also thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had the same issue. Sometimes the HUD box and CCRP target get "stuck" on the steerpoint, no matter what you do with the TGP point/area etc. Wondering if this is a bug or I am doing something wrong.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

No waypoints? Impossible. If the ME didn't give any waypoints at all then CCRP delivery cannot be done. But if you just mean that there is at least one waypoint but it is not nearby to the target area here is what I did.

JTAC, Check In

AG

MSL STEP>CCRP

DMS right>TGP

DMS down>TGP SOI

OSB 8 SP

If at this stage the TD box on the HUD doesn't affix to the center of the view then the system is broken and the following won't work. Honestly this breaks all the time. I cannot figure out what conditions cause SP to engage normally and which times it doesn't. Don't even both progressing if you don't get a successful SP engagement.

JTAC, Laser On

TMS right to place SP point near-ish target (optional)

Uncage to LSS

When pod detects laser and begins track follow CCRP and drop as normal. Detection of laser spot can be tricky. Putting the SP point near the target helps but isn't required.

No waypoints? Impossible. If the ME didn't give any waypoints at all then CCRP delivery cannot be done. But if you just mean that there is at least one waypoint but it is not nearby to the target area here is what I did.

JTAC, Check In

AG

MSL STEP>CCRP

DMS right>TGP

DMS down>TGP SOI

OSB 8 SP

If at this stage the TD box on the HUD doesn't affix to the center of the view then the system is broken and the following won't work. Honestly this breaks all the time. I cannot figure out what conditions cause SP to engage normally and which times it doesn't. Don't even both progressing if you don't get a successful SP engagement.

JTAC, Laser On

Uncage to LSS

When pod detects laser and begins track follow CCRP and drop as normal. Detection of laser spot can be tricky. Putting the SP point near the target helps but isn't required.

Alright, thanks I'll try this procedure.

If I understand well, atm, droping GBU's with someone buddylasing for you is very tricky because you can't slew the TPOD to your HUD.

It makes sense that you don't strike ground units without a few preparation on the ground (i.e. you pre-load target points) but when doing CAS you need to adapt quickly and have to be ready to catch a JTAC in the case of a new target appears (i.e. you don't have a waypoint for that target).

Unfortunately atm it is not possible to do so...

Alright, thanks I'll try this procedure.

If I understand well, atm, droping GBU's with someone buddylasing for you is very tricky because you can't slew the TPOD to your HUD.

It makes sense that you don't strike ground units without a few preparation on the ground (i.e. you pre-load target points) but when doing CAS you need to adapt quickly and have to be ready to catch a JTAC in the case of a new target appears (i.e. you don't have a waypoint for that target).

Unfortunately atm it is not possible to do so...

I find it impossible to believe that the harrier hornet f14 warthog can all designate system targets on the fly to attack but the viper cannot.

I find it impossible to believe that the harrier hornet f14 warthog can all designate system targets on the fly to attack but the viper cannot.

Once we get ground radar, snowplow will be infinitely easier to use. But until then we're stuck with snowplow at a fixed range.

I’m not worried about that I’m worried about the fact that I can’t just be flying see a target of opportunity out the hud cursor on the target slew the TGP to finish lining up in the target and make the target a system target for CCRP attack.

Hi guys,

So from now on we don't have bore sight tgp? How can we reset the view? Let's say I don't want to look to the any of the steepoint and I want my tgp to look in front of me. Is the only option SP bıtton then slew it up quickly?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys,

So from now on we don't have bore sight tgp? How can we reset the view? Let's say I don't want to look to the any of the steepoint and I want my tgp to look in front of me. Is the only option SP bıtton then slew it up quickly?

Yep, SP (SnowPlow) is the way to go in that case

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JTAC, Check In

AG

MSL STEP>CCRP

DMS right>TGP

DMS down>TGP SOI

OSB 8 SP

JTAC, Laser On

Uncage to LSS

Yep this is the problem, the SP mode is inconsistent and works only a quarter of the time for me. I don't even bother and prefer to set a steerpoint using lat/long

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue. The performance is utterly random. You can CZ and SP and occasionally the CCRP line will follow the SP mode to the center of the HUD and then follow how you slew the pod.

MOST of the time, the CCRP queues stay locked on the steerpoint and WILL NOT MOVE no matter how many times you CZ and then SP. Then, completely randomly, the CCRP line will unlock from the steerpoint and move to the center of the HUD again when you enter SP mode. It might then work 1 time and then break again. It might work for 2-3 minutes every time, then break again. I have flown in a straight line and pressed CZ and SP and nothing else and watched it work differently.

Completely random. It's easy to reproduce the problem, but virtually impossible to correct it. The issue appears to be that the CCRP data is locked to the HUD target box. If you make the HUD SOI, the TGP will snap to where the HUD target box with any touch of the slew controls is every time. But, you can not get the reverse, where the HUD target box follow the TGP when the TGP is SOI.

It is infuriating and means the TGP is STILL so unreliable as to be a terrible loadout choice since you can't predict when it will break and you can't reliably correct it.

The most often fix seems to be change from CCRP to CCIP, then back to CCRP and try to press SP on the TGP. If you are VERY lucky, everything works right. With no telling when it will get disconnected again.

It has been over a month since this bug was introduced. Have we even gotten a confirmation from ED that it is an issue? It's not just me either, every person in our group has the same issues in both single an multiplayer.

Edited by Rhayvn