[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Unable to reach M1.0 in level flight with fuel tanks - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
razo+r
Veteran

Default [CANNOT REPRODUCE] Unable to reach M1.0 in level flight with fuel tanks

I was never able to pass or even reach M1.0. It always stopped accelerating at M0.99, and that was it. I tried it on the deck and in 30K feet Altitude with external tanks (and sidewinder/amraam).

Before I report it as a bug, is this supposed to be? Are the fuel tanks really that draggy?
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Hoffster

Airbrake indicator? just had to.
Hoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
Deano87

Stores drag is WIP.

Is the viper even able to go supersonic with bags?

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffster View Post
Airbrake indicator? just had to.
of course in
Old 10-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #5
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano87 View Post
Is the viper even able to go supersonic with bags?
Only with a DI of 250 or higher you are stuck below M1.0, but you don't come even close to this value with the OPs loadout.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
Bouli306

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
Only with a DI of 250 or higher you are stuck below M1.0, but you don't come even close to this value with the OPs loadout.
Just flew with pylon tanks Level flight M1.2 and very slowly increasing at 17000ft.
Bouli306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
razo+r
Veteran

Reached M1.03 and not more with Tanks + A-A loadout at 20K feet

Reached M0.98 and not more with same loadout at 3K feet

Last edited by razo+r; 02-04-2020 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
Mopeyranger0681

Mine is the same way, check your engine rpm. My afterburner will not go to full burner with the nozzle position open 100%. Nothing I have done will fix it, and asked several other groups and there are zero intelligent answers as to what could be wrong. Tomcat, hornet, and SU-33 all work fine but viper doesn't.
Mopeyranger0681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #9
mkiii

At the risk of being branded of "Zero Intelligence", I'm sure they all appreciate the thanks for their help ;/ :-

The Digital Electronic Engine Controller (with switch set to PRI) should be able to limit the number of AB segments used if conditions dictate that it should do so. Things that might influence this is Hi-Alt, Low speed use of AB, or excessive engine temp, or overspeed. I assume that you have no obvious Gaugues indicating issues or warning panel lights?

AFAIK, you cannot get 100% Nozzle - I thought it only opened to 90% Max?

How are you determining that you are not achieving 100% AB? Fuel flow for Mil and AB is lais down somewhere in F-16 docs - but I don't have time to search for them right now.

What have you done to make sure that it is not your throttle set-up?

The easiest test for that, being to use the keyboard to control throttle.

Have you sed the AB Reset Switch to record Eng data? I assume the module has that operative... since the manual says it does.

All being said, this is not a final product, and such things may just be the normal bugs and glitches we should expect.

Regardless: This is a good read:-
http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/HAF-F16.pdf
As are ALL the docs from here:-
http://www.ravico.com/ST/Download/Ch...07_02_main.pdf
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:48 AM   #10
Mopeyranger0681

The whole intelligence thing comes from asking about adjusting the WH throttle in target, if I checked to see if the detent was mapped, and checked within dcs in the axis section. There are no warning lights and no conditions that would limit the engine from achieving the full thrust. I dont see many mentions of this as a bug, but with it being very early access I get it. Will be flying the other planes for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
At the risk of being branded of "Zero Intelligence", I'm sure they all appreciate the thanks for their help ;/ :-

The Digital Electronic Engine Controller (with switch set to PRI) should be able to limit the number of AB segments used if conditions dictate that it should do so. Things that might influence this is Hi-Alt, Low speed use of AB, or excessive engine temp, or overspeed. I assume that you have no obvious Gaugues indicating issues or warning panel lights?

AFAIK, you cannot get 100% Nozzle - I thought it only opened to 90% Max?

How are you determining that you are not achieving 100% AB? Fuel flow for Mil and AB is lais down somewhere in F-16 docs - but I don't have time to search for them right now.

What have you done to make sure that it is not your throttle set-up?

The easiest test for that, being to use the keyboard to control throttle.

Have you sed the AB Reset Switch to record Eng data? I assume the module has that operative... since the manual says it does.

All being said, this is not a final product, and such things may just be the normal bugs and glitches we should expect.

Regardless: This is a good read:-
http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/HAF-F16.pdf
As are ALL the docs from here:-
http://www.ravico.com/ST/Download/Ch...07_02_main.pdf
Mopeyranger0681 is offline   Reply With Quote