F-14 Tomcat loading times

IronMike

Dear everyone,

first of all thank you so much for your tremendous feedback! We are blessed with a community so invested in helping us to iron out our initial launch hickups!

We would kindly like to ask you for your help with the following problem:

Some of you seem to have longer loading times than in other modules. Please be so kind, those of you who do, to provide us with your system specs in this thread, and whether this happens for you in Singleplayer, or Multiplayer, or both and if you maybe see a difference in between both.

This will help us a lot to narrow down and hopefully remedy the issue.

Thank you so much on behalf of the entire Heatblur Team!

IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longer loading time in SP and MP.

Performance is fine (50-60FPS, no VR or TrackIR)

CPU : i7-4770K 3.5Ghz

GPU : GTX 1070 8gb (High details 1920 x 1080)

MEM : 12 GB Ram DDR3

SSD Samsung EVO

No problems in all MP servers I tried yesterday, beside the long loading time.

Acrobatic online, Hoggit, Havoc, all worked fine even with many tomcats

Edited by Deadpoetic6

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.94 GB RAM usable)

Current resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60Hz

SSD M.2 drive

Textures on all modules taking time to load when entering cockpit (Cant get a screenshot quick enough)

Buddyspike server Select RED/BLUE black screen DCS crash

Aerobatic online was a no go, Loading time then DCS crash.

Joined 104th server no problem. F-14B

Single palyer training mission waypoint training: Low FPS

Landing on shore training fine SP

Shore based take off fine SP

Free flight Nevada was fine SP

Instant action case I was fine SP

Yesterday we setup a multiplayer mission one F-14 with human RIO vs one SU-33: Was fine.

Today setup 1v1 with human RIO VS SU-33 fine.

Edited by Coxy_99

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @3.5 MHz

32 Gb DDR4

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB

500MB SSD

load time very long right at the end of the progress bar. the briefing screen will show up 30 seconds before the cockpit is shown. total load time 3 minutes. I will do a test.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

CPU : i7-4790K 4.0Ghz

GPU : GTX 1060 6gb (High details 1920 x 1080)

MEM : 16 GB Ram DDR3

HDD: 1TB SSD

loading times are long both in SP and MP

getting time outs in MP and sometimes CTD´s in Mulitplayer if i want to use a tomcat cold from the Deck of the stennis

if i join a MP session the first time i get a connection timeout second time it works after the reconnect if the tomcat is landbased

Intel® Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

SSD Harddrive

Using VR Acer WMR (VR Details + 2x ansintropic Filtering)

Got longer Loadingtimes in SP and Timeouts in MP.

In SP i see the Mission-Message at start but black background. After a few seconds the scenery appear.

CPU: i5-7300HQ

GPU: GTX1050TI

RAM: 8GB DDR3

HDD: 256GB SSD

I'm having basically the same issues as everyone else. SP loading times are longer than any other module. Once the mission loads, I get a black screen in the background behind the briefing. After another minute or so, the textures load up.

Edited by F14luvr

Longer loading times with a black screen at the end. Takes 4-5 seconds to get from black screen to the pit in both, SP and MP. Specs see signature.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Longer loading times with a black screen at the end. Takes 4-5 seconds to get from black screen to the pit in both, SP and MP. Specs see signature.

Same issue as above.. spec in my sig

Pistol Pete

Rig Specs: i7-8700K - 64 GB RAM - 1080ti - crucial ssd - Oculus Rift - TM T16000

MP Very long times, long enough to get "Connection Timed out" Mission size doesn't make a difference.

Edit - I'm able to get to slot select, but selecting F-14 results in above.

SP Very long load times but eventually can get into the jet.

i5 4690k

GTX 970

16GB RAM

Edited by dave9810

Single player is fine, (Instant action and training missions). There is a black screen at the end of the loading time that lasts about 15 seconds, however after that everything appears and I can click fly with no problems. Very decent mostly 60FPS too, with only slightly noticable slowdowns.

Multiplayer: Slightly longer loading time, however when chosing the jet and getting in the back seat, none of the textures are loaded, no scenery only the base water template. It takes 1-2 minutes for these textures to slowly pop in and for them to complete loading. After that there is extremely noticable stutter and hitching, when on the ground and noticable stutter in the air. As a result game is almost unplayable.

(Please see screenshot for what the game looks like when I get into the cockpit in Multiplayer)

CPU: I5 3570K@4.2 Ghz

Memory: 16GB RAM (Dual channel)

SSD 128GB for DCS (System disk is also on SSD, Virtual memory page file is set to system managed)

GPU: GTX970 4GB

attachment.php?attachmentid=206287&d=1552578052

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Single player

SYS: Win 7 pro

CPU: I-7 4790K, 4.4 Ghz

GPU: GeForce 980 ti 4Gb

Memory: 16 Gb DDR3

SDD: Samsung 850 PRO 512 Gb

Res: 1920x1200

Куплю модули : СУ-7 , СУ-9 , СУ-11,Миг-23,Миг-27 ,Ту-22М3,Ту-95,Ми-24,AH-64,F-16 ,F-4 Phantom,модуль-карту современной западной Европы

I-7 4790k (4.4GHz), GTX980 4GB , Z97, 16Gb DDR3

SP and MP

CPU: AMD FX8300 OC 4.0 Ghz

GPU: 2x GTX970

RAM: 24Gb DDR3

HD: SSD

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @3.5 MHz

32 Gb DDR4

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB

500MB SSD

load time very long right at the end of the progress bar. the briefing screen will show up 30 seconds before the cockpit is shown. total load time 3 minutes. I will do a test.

Ok did the testing, take off mission at Nellis

F14 Single player load time: 1 minute 41 seconds, the briefing window showed at 1m 20sec.

So not 3 minutes but it felt so much longer so I loaded the F18 hornet:

total load time 23 seconds !!! and briefing window showed at 12 seconds.

So 4 times longer and there is the fact that the briefing window is shown against a black background. this is for both planes so probably an ED bug, not a Heatblur one.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Multiplayer. Longer loading times and crashes to desktop mid-flight. Running out of VRAM as best I can tell.

i7 4790k

24GB RAM

GTX 1060 with 6GB VRAM

M.2 SSD

Mrkline, that is interesting.

Could it be that it's loading the same high detailed cockpit models and external models for ALL aircraft including the player's own aircraft?

It's the only reason for the huge performance disparity between singleplayer and multiplayer. (In addition to the obvious things)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Windows: 10

Monitor: LG Flatron E2742 60Hz

CPU : i7-8700K (OC 4.7Ghz)

GPU : GTX 1080 8gb (High details 1920 x 1080)

MEM : 16 GB Ram DDR4 3200

SSD Samsung EVO 500GB (DCS+Windows installed to it)

I get slightly longer loading times in this aircraft about (5-10 sec) SP and MP. but after load i get smooth frames 100+ in SP and 70-80 MP. Few Crashed or noticeable sections that cause drops in frames or parts that eat ram. notably the section in the F-14 Training missions with start up on the carrier. The 12 Hornets on the carrier will drop my frames to 40 in SP.

Edited by Robotjukebox