Flap & prop pitch braking effect overdone? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #11
Eldur

I use to slam the trim slider (that friction thing on the WH) fully forward when dropping flaps, which counters the nose up moment quite well. Once the changes to the FM are in, I'll probably just stop doing that
Old 08-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #12
bbrz

Ouch. I wouldn't slam anything in the Yak-52 cockpit

I'm staying with RL procedures. Counteract the pitch up with the stick and re-trim afterwards.

It doesn't take a lot of forward stick pressure to maintain the pitch attitude.

And from what I've read I wouldn't expect a big change concerning the pitch up moment.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #13
Eldur

OK, isn't really slamming

Just pushing it forward completely while countering with the stick (which is just holding it in place as the force trying to push it forward builds up) and then applying flaps. Did it the other way round initially, but somehow ended up with that. So I put her out of trim basically and while dropping the flaps I just let go off the backstick which works quite well naturally with FFB. Without FFB you'd probably not do that. Moving spring center is something really great that I'd never drop. I just wish the stick was extended for more precision... dreaming of an FFB base for the WH...
Old 08-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
Canadus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
Ouch. I wouldn't slam anything in the Yak-52 cockpit

I'm staying with RL procedures. Counteract the pitch up with the stick and re-trim afterwards.

It doesn't take a lot of forward stick pressure to maintain the pitch attitude.

And from what I've read I wouldn't expect a big change concerning the pitch up moment.
But just countering the Pitch Up with my Stick won`t do for me, as the Speed drops rapidly to.
They should do some additional fixing here, as some RL pilots have sqaid, that this is way off.