Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 54 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #531
Al-Azraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I know its super frustrating guys, but it is going a long at a good clip. The positional effects are starting to look much better, but still not 100%, today I am testing the DM on the 190s. I know I saw that it is being worked on for the P-47. SO while it is quiet, it is on going.
Thanks Nineline! These kind of updates are great.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #532
hazzer

Quote:
I know its super frustrating guys, but it is going a long at a good clip. The positional effects are starting to look much better, but still not 100%, today I am testing the DM on the 190s. I know I saw that it is being worked on for the P-47. SO while it is quiet, it is on going.
Could we not just get the damage models as you have them now? the current ones arent great so it would make little difference.

As an aside will the damage model just be for gunshots or will it other damage effects, like hitting the ground etc.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #533
DD_Fenrir

How do you know whether the new DM is currently better?

There could be some serious bugs that the team are trying to squash e.g. remember CFS2 where a flak hit to the right wing-tip would insta-kill the motor? Want something of that ilk in DCS?

There could be a significant performance hit with regards processing the new hit calculations that the team are attempting to optimise. Want a potential slideshow just to have your new DM?

I am left astounded by the level of entitlement and lack of consideration of some people on these forums.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #534
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
I am left astounded by the level of entitlement and lack of consideration of some people on these forums.

You're right but I think I've seen enough now to say they can't surprise me any more.

S!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #535
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
How do you know whether the new DM is currently better?

There could be some serious bugs that the team are trying to squash e.g. remember CFS2 where a flak hit to the right wing-tip would insta-kill the motor? Want something of that ilk in DCS?

There could be a significant performance hit with regards processing the new hit calculations that the team are attempting to optimise. Want a potential slideshow just to have your new DM?

Not really entitlement, just wanting something different. After years of waiting. Nothing wrong with asking a question.

Yeah some people on the forums are clearly so far up on their high horse they can no longer see the ground.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #536
Mango

Most only believe what they see and can't fathom the amount of work that goes into developing these systems. There is no magic, it takes time to develop and debug such a complex piece of software.

The wait is painful for sure, but if you look at what we have now since the original Black Shark, you feel that anything is possible!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #537
razo+r
Veteran

What's the status of the new DM in relation with the P-47? Should it be like with the Fw-190A8 (get released together) or will we have to wait a bit longer?
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #538
NineLine
Community Manager

I am hoping they will be close together, with the DM arriving before, but we will see. Everything is pretty close.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #539
antagonist

Quote:
I am hoping they will be close together, with the DM arriving before, but we will see. Everything is pretty close.
So...in 2020? Or maybe even in time for Christmas?
antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #540
twistking

does the work on the new damage model also incorporate damage modeling for the AI aircraft?