Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 54 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #531
Al-Azraq
Junior Member
 
Al-Azraq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I know its super frustrating guys, but it is going a long at a good clip. The positional effects are starting to look much better, but still not 100%, today I am testing the DM on the 190s. I know I saw that it is being worked on for the P-47. SO while it is quiet, it is on going.
Thanks Nineline! These kind of updates are great.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #532
hazzer
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I know its super frustrating guys, but it is going a long at a good clip. The positional effects are starting to look much better, but still not 100%, today I am testing the DM on the 190s. I know I saw that it is being worked on for the P-47. SO while it is quiet, it is on going.
Could we not just get the damage models as you have them now? the current ones arent great so it would make little difference.

As an aside will the damage model just be for gunshots or will it other damage effects, like hitting the ground etc.
__________________
Asus GTX1080ti,I7-7800k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals
hazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #533
DD_Fenrir
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 754
Default

How do you know whether the new DM is currently better?

There could be some serious bugs that the team are trying to squash e.g. remember CFS2 where a flak hit to the right wing-tip would insta-kill the motor? Want something of that ilk in DCS?

There could be a significant performance hit with regards processing the new hit calculations that the team are attempting to optimise. Want a potential slideshow just to have your new DM?

I am left astounded by the level of entitlement and lack of consideration of some people on these forums.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #534
Ala13_ManOWar
Senior Member
 
Ala13_ManOWar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
I am left astounded by the level of entitlement and lack of consideration of some people on these forums.


You're right but I think I've seen enough now to say they can't surprise me any more.


S!
__________________
"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war." -- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice
Ala13_ManOWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #535
hazzer
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
How do you know whether the new DM is currently better?

There could be some serious bugs that the team are trying to squash e.g. remember CFS2 where a flak hit to the right wing-tip would insta-kill the motor? Want something of that ilk in DCS?

There could be a significant performance hit with regards processing the new hit calculations that the team are attempting to optimise. Want a potential slideshow just to have your new DM?

I am left astounded by the level of entitlement and lack of consideration of some people on these forums.
Not really entitlement, just wanting something different. After years of waiting. Nothing wrong with asking a question.

Yeah some people on the forums are clearly so far up on their high horse they can no longer see the ground.
__________________
Asus GTX1080ti,I7-7800k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals
hazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #536
Mango
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 456
Default

Most only believe what they see and can't fathom the amount of work that goes into developing these systems. There is no magic, it takes time to develop and debug such a complex piece of software.

The wait is painful for sure, but if you look at what we have now since the original Black Shark, you feel that anything is possible!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #537
razo+r
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,336
Default

What's the status of the new DM in relation with the P-47? Should it be like with the Fw-190A8 (get released together) or will we have to wait a bit longer?
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #538
NineLine
Community Manager
 
NineLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 24,515
Default

I am hoping they will be close together, with the DM arriving before, but we will see. Everything is pretty close.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."
Artist formerly known as SiThSpAwN
Forum RulesForum Rules Guidelines
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #539
antagonist
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I am hoping they will be close together, with the DM arriving before, but we will see. Everything is pretty close.
So...in 2020? Or maybe even in time for Christmas?
antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #540
twistking
Member
 
twistking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Berlin
Posts: 820
Default

does the work on the new damage model also incorporate damage modeling for the AI aircraft?
__________________
My personal wishlist after 2 years with dcs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.