JUST DOGFIGHT server thread - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #121
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappingbrillopad1 View Post
There's some guys that fly in the JDF on OB that are really good. They are suspiciously good. Too good.

These guys there's probably 6-10, somehow can get their fighter jet modules to pull a lot of AOA while throttled back out of after burner during hard maneuvering yet seem to bleed little to no energy. I suspect they have replaced the PFM or 3rd party flight model that comes standard with DCS modules with the AI simple flight model. When I try to do that with the flight model that comes standard in the Hornet I bleed all my energy reserves and get slow. Yet these guys can do it, come around the circle on me, and brutally hand my butt to me in a energy or turn fight.

I also think it's suspicious that the JDF on OB doesn't or at least hasn't in the past had integrity check on and has disallowed the use of Tacview. Not that integrity check would really matter. I think these guys are ahead of the technology that is integrity check. I'll just go out on a limb and say that the JDF admins are possibly enabling this ring of cheaters.

Just as an example I did 2 guns only dogfights with a guy in a mirage 2000 tonight while I was flying the Hornet. The Mirage is supposed to have a lower thrust to weight ratio than the Hornet in any configuration and carry limited fuel which it burns through quickly. This guy in the Mirage 2000 somehow had enough fuel to turn and burn with me for almost 7 minutes, but the thing that doesn't make sense to me is he also had a thrust to weight ratio good enough that he could out perform my clean and light Hornet in every way imaginable. He could also pull crazy amounts of lead when I would transition to the vertical or pull in turns without the energy bleed that is inherent to an aircraft at high AOA. Something seems fishy about that to me. It doesn't add up.

I like your server. It's my favorite. I just have some issues with the one on OB and sometimes I have to fly in it because the JDF on OB is typically more populous, a new module is released, OB and stable are on the same version, or when the JDF on stable isn't up.
Hi there !
Just to keep it short :
- We HATE CHEATING
- NEVER AGAIN insinuate that we allow or tolerate it.
- The OB server HAD integrity check off because of kegety's VR mod. It is now (unfortunately) on again.
- The data export is off because of limitted bandwidth. The main server that has about 1000 Mbps up/down has all data feeds active.
- Some players are very good indeed. Some take advantage of DCS's flight model inaccuracies (in the worst cases).
- Some players are very good indeed (I will repeat that).

I do understand your concern, but we do not have the time or the inclination to play policeman. We want a fun sever with good, smiling players that respect each other.

Give me a date of interest and I will upload all your Tacview logs so you can check what was happening.

Cheers !!!
Old 03-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #122
Krippz

Great server. Can you remove the phoenix launch rails from the F-14s in the 1v1 slots. They add a lot of extra weight to the aircraft that isn't needed. Thanks.
Krippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #123
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evontroy View Post
Great server. Can you remove the phoenix launch rails from the F-14s in the 1v1 slots. They add a lot of extra weight to the aircraft that isn't needed. Thanks.

Done !
Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #124
Sashmeister

Hello,

I like this server, but it is always crashing and giving black screens to ppl. Why is that?
Sashmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:13 AM   #125
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashmeister View Post
Hello,

I like this server, but it is always crashing and giving black screens to ppl. Why is that?

Hi !
Can you please tell me the following :
- Are you connecting to the open beta or the stable release ?
- What name do you connect with ?
- When was the last time that you saw the server crashing (date) ?
- How many ppl do you know that have the same issue ?

According to the server's logs (stable) the last crash was on the 8th of October 2018. The server seems stable. It's probably your PC that crashes, but with good reason.

There is something very wrong since the last 2-3 updates. Maybe you can ask ED, and please, if you find a solution let me know too !!!
I have spent a crazy amount of time and resources the past two months, trying to fix something that I didn't break.

I believe is the transitional state to the new server system. And I hope they fix it soon.

Cheers !
Old 03-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #126
Sashmeister

I get kicked every time i log in for the first time. About 4 other ppl confirmed the same when I asked in the chat few days ago. I saw one guy asking the same the other day. The whole server crashes every few hours. Last time was last night at around 10 pm. Then it didnt go back up and i went to bed. There is an admin online all the time in the server flying around in a red plane so he should know. I dont know which server I go to. I see only one named just dog fight. Im online now with the same nick as here.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #127
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashmeister View Post
I get kicked every time i log in for the first time. About 4 other ppl confirmed the same when I asked in the chat few days ago. I saw one guy asking the same the other day. The whole server crashes every few hours. Last time was last night at around 10 pm. Then it didnt go back up and i went to bed. There is an admin online all the time in the server flying around in a red plane so he should know. I dont know which server I go to. I see only one named just dog fight. Im online now with the same nick as here.
Hi again.
You log in to the "stable" release of the game server.
The server does not crash, it just looses connectivity with ED's server browser.
Needs to be restarted to be listed again. Nothing I can do about that.
FYI the red plane you see is flown by the computer (AI) so if you have no others to shoot down you can get some practice. You can also spawn more planes from the in-game menu (press "\" and select "other".
Sorry for your trouble, let's hope it all goes away with the next update.
Cheers !
Old 03-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #128
Sashmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Hi again.
You log in to the "stable" release of the game server.
The server does not crash, it just looses connectivity with ED's server browser.
Needs to be restarted to be listed again. Nothing I can do about that.
FYI the red plane you see is flown by the computer (AI) so if you have no others to shoot down you can get some practice. You can also spawn more planes from the in-game menu (press "" and select "other".
Sorry for your trouble, let's hope it all goes away with the next update.
Cheers !
im good, thank you. I just chill on the middle runway until a player log in.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #129
Flighter

Default No respect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta59R View Post
Cool, yeah I tried them out! I would just do the M's, the L's are not working atm for some reason but the M's are perfect. Also could you change the time of year to jan/feb and the temp to -10c? THANKS!
Hi Delta.
You really show no character by comments like this, in our server, while playing:
Quote:
Mar 30 15:10:06 "Delta59r" said
"wtf i just got shot down by my own sam...."
"well if you guys are tiesd of this buggy server I run the "--- ------" server and im always on t"
And this is after using our Team Speak server, initially without permission for your own server !!
Best of luck with it, it's an open free world and the more servers the better.
But please, no lame disrespectful comments and no fishing in ours.
I would normally contact you in private, like I did before, but I think it's good for people to see the ethos of your tactics.

Cheers !
Old 03-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #130
Delta59R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Hi Delta.
You really show no character by comments like this, in our server, while playing:
And this is after using our Team Speak server, initially without permission for your own server !!
Best of luck with it, it's an open free world and the more servers the better.
But please, no lame disrespectful comments and no fishing in ours.
I would normally contact you in private, like I did before, but I think it's good for people to see the ethos of your tactics.

Cheers !
Calm down geez.. reacting like a woman would.. you can come up into channel and talk if you want. There are no tactics, its very simple we are having fun, the server starts acting up, you are not around, I provide a solution to the guys I'm flying with. Fishing? I'm not selling add space and neither are you as far as can tell... so no, simply offered a quick solution. JDF is a blast but sometimes its buggy, that's why I opened a server, the first time we typed I told you that. You take things too personally, be happy there are 2 dogfight options now! Later!
Meshify C, Noctua Industrial Fans, Asus Hero X, Delided 8700k 5.0 HT off, 32gb 4000 c18 Gskill, EVGA Ultra 2080ti, Captain 240, Sam 512g pro, Sam 120g pro, Seasonic 1000, MSFF2, Razer Mamba, O+, HP Reverb, 4k Sony TV
Delta59R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogfight, jdf, just dogfight, server