Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

Just a quick solution concerning blurry fonts on the DDIs:

In ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\MDG_strokesDefs.lua

change the follwing values:

Old:

stroke_thickness = 0.8

stroke_fuzziness = 0.5

New:

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

This will enhance the fonts and make them more readable.

Pls keep this in mind:

I have have neither tested more/other values nor influences on other fonts (HUD maybe?).

And do not to forget to set shaderLineDrawAsWire back to false. Zeen already made a headsup on this.

Otherwise the fonts will still look garbled, no matter what values you're going to use for the stroke_...

Maybe someone like to support here by testing other values?

Meanwhile I'm going to make a JSGME-file for that viewport stuff. :thumbup:

Thanks! Excellent!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always glad, knowing to have made someone happy. :)

To be honest:

I don't know if it's still neccessary or if there might be better values.

IT IS still necessary... Thanks again.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Zeen for the great work, and thank you Right Stuff for the help ..

Well, I have a sort of a strange issue, I run Zeen profile now and after struggling with entering all of the numbers on the monitor configuration file, I run the profile and only the DDI's and the AMPCD are working, RWR UFC and IFEI are not, besides the fonts of the DDI and the AMPCD is very huge and unreadable ....

I followed your steps to change the font, but I don't see FA18 C folder under mods, the only one I have is under Saved Games/DCS/aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Scripts, and it contains three folders, "IFEI, TEWS, and UFC"

Really don't know what to do I'm stuck

PS: I'm using Steam DCS

Hey Capt Zeen, it appears that the F/A-18C profile is not compatible with the latest Export file dated Aug 15, 2019 even though the table indicates it is. Can you confirm this?

I had to revert back to the Export file located in the F/A-18C download for my controls to work within the Helios profile.

If , RWR UFC and IFEI are ot working probably is because you don't use the modified .ini files.

Check yout installation and confirm that those files are installed

Man I checked all of the files in the Profile but I see no .ini file, the only one located in the DCS config folder called imgui.ini

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a go at making a custom layout for my pit build. I have completed the basic layout by editing in Captain Zeen’s 16:9. I am trying making a full physical front dash mask with homage to the F-18 layout.

Would it be possible to get the F-18C RWR added to the gauges library?

How can I edit the IFEI to not have the switch panel at the bottom so I can move the bezel lower? The image isn’t in the library?

Can anyone share how to make the HSI, VVI, ALT, and Airspeed Indicator active. I have tried to mimic everything related to these gauges from the original file but the don’t register when the game is running. If I load the original they work fine. If there is a video I haven’t found as a tutorial that explains how to activate these gauges, please point me in that direction. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Edited by Fusedspine33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

running into an issue with this as well. Ive got the new A-10c profile working perfectly other than I cant pull up the UFC, but my F18 profile doesnt work now. I did a fresh install on it as well.

A question I have on this is in the F18 profile it says a-10 interface. There is no F-18 interface. Is this correct? Is this an issue?

New update the helios scripts in the F-18 zip are not compatible with the new a-10 scripts.

f18profile.thumb.png.d498ba5a45d256fd5979c79ebe3c04d5.png

Edited by gunterlund21

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

running into an issue with this as well. Ive got the new A-10c profile working perfectly other than I cant pull up the UFC, but my F18 profile doesnt work now. I did a fresh install on it as well.

A question I have on this is in the F18 profile it says a-10 interface. There is no F-18 interface. Is this correct? Is this an issue?

New update the helios scripts in the F-18 zip are not compatible with the new a-10 scripts.

- The ufc button is side by side with the Top and CDU buttons. You can see the button? or just dont work?

- My F18 profile uses the A10C original helios interface, yes, thats correct.

- To be compatible with all the profiles, always use the latest export.lua i got on my site.

-Tonight i am going to revise the F18 profile, I made some chanegs on the A10C interface for my latest profile, and is posible that F18 as been afected.

Hello all.

I am preparing the update 3 for the F18 profile.

I fixed the 3 flir switches, and some others that has been afected for the new A10C interface ( yes, the f18 profile uses the a10C interface)

if you remember something that dont work, and want it to be fixed.... this is your moment!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 3

HELIOS 1.4.2019.1005 or above REQUIRED

Hello everyone!

I just released the Update 3 for the F18 helios profile.

I fixed the issues due to my last changes on the Helios interface, and all the switches updated by ED

And at last i rework some of the art of the profile, extending the 16:9 background version to fill the full screen and adding new art for all the switch types.

Hope you like it !

Here you got the change log:

-LIR switch

-LTD/R switch

-LST/NFLR switch

-AntiIce/Rain switch

-HMD bright rotator

-Fixed all the isses due to the last A10C interface changes (yes, that profile uses the A10C helios interface).

-Extended the cockpit art to full screen on the 16x9 aspect resolution

-Changed the art of all the switches for the actual F18C cockpit ones

-Added the new kneeboard panel with all the existing maps on DCS

-New export files organization

40wZDnX.jpg

Edited by Capt Zeen

That is beautiful!!

EDIT:

I am getting an error loading the profile in the Editor and Control Center. The Helios Log says this:

11/10/2019 2:08:46 PM - All - Helios Version 1.4.2018.1008
11/10/2019 2:08:58 PM - Error - Error loading profile F:\My Documents\Helios\Profiles\FA-18C_b_beta.hpf
Exception Source:System.Xml
Exception Message:Element 'Children' was not found. Line 297, position 20.
Stack Trace:
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadStartElement(String name)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControls(HeliosVisualCollection controls, XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControl(XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControls(HeliosVisualCollection controls, XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeControl(XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeMonitor(XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeMonitors(MonitorCollection destination, XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.HeliosSerializer.DeserializeProfile(HeliosProfile profile, XmlReader xmlReader)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.ProfileManager.LoadProfile(String path, Dispatcher dispatcher)

I looked at line 297 char 20 and it looks fine. So, I don't know what may be wrong.

I am using Blue Fin's new version of Helios. Your older profile works fine.

EDIT 2:

I also tried to run it in Gadroc's old version of Helios with the same results.

I edited the profile using Notepad++ and deleted many controls to try and narrow down the problem. I removed all controls except one control that had <MouseWheel>True</MouseWheel>. I noticed that if I removed that line of code, that it would load. So, I removed all of those from the original profile and then I no longer got the error in the log because the Editor crashed on loading. The Event Viewer log is below. It may be something to do with the Mouse Wheel code. I don't know if any of this helps you... But I was curious to try and get it working.. :thumbup:

Application: Profile Editor.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.BaseDeserializer.DispCreateNewObject(System.String, System.String)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
  at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
  at GadrocsWorkshop.Helios.ProfileEditor.App.Main()

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Snacko I have had no issue loading the profile. Don't know what that means.

However, I have another issue. I have used CZ's monitor config file for me without any changes as he has the same size monitors as I do. However, in today's update, the monitor config file has different numbers that do not load properly with the "b" version of the profile. So I went back to my prior monitor config file and all viewports loaded fine except for the RWR. The viewport numbers for the RWR based on my prior monitor config file should have worked, but now I get a blank RWR. I did change the lua file to the following:

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.6

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.3

shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

--shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

but no joy.

UPDATE For some reason I have the RWR viewport name in the monitor config file different from the name in the RWR lua file. When I conformed the names, the RWR appears but really impossible to read whether I use true or false for shaderLineDraw

Update to Update: I got the RWR to work and am able to see it on the second screen although a blank on the main screen.

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.06

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.03

--shaderLineDrawAsWire = true

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

Edited by sobe
Update to update

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Thanks for testing.

Please be sure to use the Helios 1.4.2019.1005

Thanks

Ahh... that was it. I hadn't updated it for a while.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

In the Helios install folder look for a file called something like heliosSettings.xml. Open in notepad and see if it looks ok. If it gets corrupted delete it and try again.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Hello all.

123nd.Lion from my discord channel found a bug in the profile, in the comm1 channel selector.

I really don't know from when this bug is over there, but well, thats happens!

I fixed and reuploaded the UPDATE 3 profile to MEGA.

Anyway, if you want to fix it by hand just drag and drop this two outputs on the comm1 rot:

mjWVUCb.png

Thanks a lot for all your feedbacks !

I am having a really weird problem. I use notepad ++ to modify lua files with no problem. Now, all of a sudden, when I change a lua file such as the monitor config file for the F18, the revised lua file no longer appears in the list of monitor files available in the game drop down, although it continues to appear the the list of files in file explorer. Why?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Here is an example of a lua file that does NOT appear in the game drop down, but does appear in Windows file explorer.

2_monitors-FA18C.lua