Troops embark broken... Again? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #11
Andy1966

Hi, I figured it was me. Thanks for the mission!
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #12
Accipiter

Thanks Grizzly. ED has definitely changed this! My old missions don't work as previously.

The key is to set the Advanced WP "embark" at spawn point of the helo. Not at the pick up wp as before.

Trouble is I get a DCS crash every time...? Auto crash log sent in.

So it still doesn't work for me. The change has broken my missions.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #13
Grajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
de nada...

I do not know whether how this has been working over the past year.... I never use it except in B Coy 229th SP training missions demonstrating weight gain / loss with troop embark / disembark.

No, unfortunately it does not work in MP, never really has, whether it ever will I do not know...
I confirm that actually, the embark/disembark behavior that we were disusing here, that can include way points that are followed by units after disembarking...

Does work online! :]

At least it did for us in a cooperative mission we few with 4 Mi-8 pilots and 2 Mig-15bis pilots.
I was the host and was not me who embarked and disembarked the rescued troop.

Posting this in case it might help others palming their online missions.

Here the moment when troop is disembarked and walks to his next waypoint; a Mi-8 ambulance was suppose to be right in the part of the Farp where he disappears... I hide it in mission editor, did not know that hidden static objects seems not to appear inside mission.

https://youtu.be/pOHMOjlUiFI?t=3075

*Not sure how server sync works but I started/unpaused the server after all the pilots were ready inside the cockpits of their machines. If this could make any difference or not I do not know.

Cheers

http://www.halconesrojos.com/
Grajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #14
Gizzy

Can you post the miz file?

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
a face mask and a big TV!
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #15
Grajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
Can you post the miz file?
No problem. Here it goes.
By the way, we are all with the DCS OpenBeta.
Attached Files
File Type: miz Bezumni-Utka.miz (557.2 KB, 18 views)

Old 03-26-2019, 02:10 AM   #16
GunfighterSIX

Ran test on these mission in multiplayer today. Anyone after the first person to join the server will not get the Embarking menu under Airborn Troops. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 AM   #17
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunfighterSIX View Post
Ran test on these mission in multiplayer today. Anyone after the first person to join the server will not get the Embarking menu under Airborn Troops. Can anyone else confirm this?
I ran a coop mission 2 weeks ago with this feature. I was the host and I was the only one who got the embarking menu. Didn't work for the other players.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #18
Grajo

In our coop I was the host but was not me who did the embark disembark and it worked.

This might be buggy I guess? We will do another coop this Sunday and there is plenty of embark, disembark... Lets see what happens .

Fingers cross.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:05 AM   #19
Tippis

This last bit sounds a lot like it's connected to a bug that appeared in the dynamic Through the Inferno missions in later versions, where the comms menus that control everything would not show up for people who joined the mission online.

I wonder if the issue is that ED has changed how the menu is populated and made persistent (i.e. it's not) throughout a mission and that it now only does so at the very beginning for people who are actually around when that happens. Anyone who comes in later does not get the menu items. It used to be that you could fiddle with the menu and it would propagate to other clients properly, but that stopped working a while back.

This sounds like another instance of that bug.
Tippis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #20
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I ran a coop mission 2 weeks ago with this feature. I was the host and I was the only one who got the embarking menu. Didn't work for the other players.
Is this still the case? Only one/first/host can control the embarking menu?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote