DCS: F-5E!

Python

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Wags, I'd put an AH-64 icon there, and watch what happening... :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

LOL, I think you guys are hilarious and are making mountains out of ant hills. If is not Wags Avatar, is this and who know what is next.

Laugh it up ;) ...

The F-5, just for perspective, its pretty early on, so it I dont see it coming out too soon.

I'd say that can be taken as confirmation which is great news. Can't wait to surprise a few F-14 drivers with this beauty.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

As some guys said previously ,placing an icon in the main screen of DCS is not so hard and most mods do this.

But there is also another hint that points out that F-5E is on the way. It's when Wags showed his options menu. :)

f-5e%20special%20options_zps8llnga6m.jpg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Well mistake or not revealing it at this point, he's made a lot of people very happy at the prospect I'm sure :)

Certainly has, F-5..more old school 50s/60s jets...and of course one day the iconic and best airplanes ever Mig25 and Phantom F4 B,C,D, and M for RAF :-)

Mizzy

Certainly has, F-5..more old school 50s/60s jets...and of course one day the iconic and best airplanes ever Mig25 and Phantom F4 B,C,D, and M for RAF :-)

Mizzy

The future is potentially very bright! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

ED has surprised us many times, we never know what dastardly plans they have for world domination ! Ever since I bought Flanker 1.5 and 2 I thought this Russian company was a bit special and in touch with it's customers. I miss some of the old programming team like Valery and others who buggered off to Microsoft or where ever.

So what I am saying, ED have a habit of surprising their customers. Hey I have just realised, it's 10 years since I registered on this forum :-)

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy

Hard to tell. It is at least as complex as a MiG-21, and we all know that one was in development for a long time.

I think Cobra said they basically rebuilt the MiG-21 from scratch over the course of a year. It's also worth keeping in mind that it was done as a side job, all of them had a day job at the time too. That said, I doubt the F-5E is going to be released soon. Though ED could probably release it in 3-4 months if they really wanted to (provided they have permission from Northrop), I don't think they are in any sort of hurry. I'm guessing a 2016 release maybe, possibly 2017.

Mizzy

The F-5E's first flight was in 1972 and was produced through the 1980's. But yeah, it generally gets lumped into the 1960's category along with the MiG-21Bis (also a 1970's fighter).

As some guys said previously ,placing an icon in the main screen of DCS is not so hard and most mods do this.

Yes, but they didn't bother explaining why on earth would Matt/ED do something like that? They don't play such deceptive games with their customers.. The DCS: F-5E module was there which almost certainly means it's there and in development. If they wanted to hide a module from us, they would just uninstall it before the broadcast.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

ED has surprised us many times, we never know what dastardly plans they have for world domination !

+1 :thumbup:

I´m a very lucky person, since the 3 aircraft I would have voted to have in DCS are the F-18C, the Fw-190D9 and the F-5E (if real).

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Hey I have just realised, it's 10 years since I registered on this forum :-)

Mizzy

Just beat me to it :)

Time flies when you're having fun eh ?

Do I remember you having some little ones ? can't be that little any more - ours is about to move out...

Cheers.

F-5E is a great choice for a new module. Why? Because it has MiG21bis to fight. It completes MiG21 module and brings an awesome machine for training. Its a great and capable plane, a true Freedom Fighter :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Just beat me to it :)

Time flies when you're having fun eh ?

Do I remember you having some little ones ? can't be that little any more - ours is about to move out...

Well remembered, yes I have a little one called Findlay and he's 10 years old now. He was flying Black Shark with his mummy. I still have the photo of both of us flying BS and IL2 taken by my Partner Mark who isn't into flight sims or anything like that. It's just me in the family who suffer this obsession ;-)

Mizzy

Funny I was just watching a documentary on the F-5 today on youtube, the "Great Planes" 49 minute one. This is a pretty amazing fighter (I'm into post WW2 aviation). The first generation Freedom Fighter was operational in the 60's and would be a great adversary for the MiG21. I would definitely buy this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-5E is a great choice for a new module. Why? Because it has MiG21bis to fight. It completes MiG21 module and brings an awesome machine for training. Its a great and capable plane, a true Freedom Fighter :)

The F-5E is a great choice for a lot of reasons, in fact.

1. It gives the MiG-21bis a decent opponent, as you just said.
  2. It also gives the F-14 a great opponent, with the right music and paint job. ;)
  3. What do you shoot for singleplayer missions in Nevada if invading Russians don't make any sense? Aggressors, and F-5 is one of the most common aggressor aircraft.
  4. It is multi-role so you can get a lot of gameplay value out of it in a variety of missions.
  5. Tons of nationalities use the F-5, which gives it even more varied gameplay options.
  6. It's still competent enough to be usable/helpful in most multiplayer servers, which typically are full of 80's to 00's aircraft.
  7. It's simplicity makes it a good introduction to fighters.

It just makes a lot of sense to have in DCS. I love the "subgenre" of the MiG-21 (lightweight 70's multi-role fighter) but I'd much prefer to have Western instrumentation that I'm used to.

just hope for the loadout below :)

2177089.jpg

0473618.jpg

source

edit: can anyone tell the AGM-65 version there? from the look i'd say an AGM-65B

Edited by Roadrunner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett