Sidearm trigger fires gunpod

JackHammer89

Also lock sound bug... once locked, turning away, the lock sound doesn't stop... You (Razbam) aware of this behaviour, DECOY?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

Bug persists, is worse after latest updates

After the latest updates, I ran my the same test from the track I linked above. The first try I didn't select the gun at all and I was able to fire both Sidearms without switching or reselecting between. Well that looks like an improvement.

I reloaded the mission and tried selecting the air to air gun, then cycled to the sidearm, got a lock, and... fired the gun...

Now, every time I load up the Harrier, even after a full DCS restart, the Sidearm has no tone. It will get a lock and fire (as long as I didn't select the A2A gun yet) but it doesn't make any noise at all.

I am glad to see that there was actually work done on the Harrier again, keep it up and good luck.

... but it doesn't make any noise at all.

AFAIK the aux volume control for Sidewinders and Sidearms is at zero initially and needs to be turned up to hear the seeker tones.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3683383&postcount=1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

AFAIK the aux volume control for Sidewinders and Sidearms is at zero initially and needs to be turned up to hear the seeker tones.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3683383&postcount=1

Thanks for pointing that out Ramsay. It is odd that it worked without turning it up the first time I launched the game after the update. The update seemed to apply otherwise, I was able to fire both Sidearms without fiddling around between shots. I'll try to test again later. Can you confirm the "gun fires instead of SA if you select the AA gun before switching to the SA" bug still exists for you too?

The exact process to reproduce can be found in this thread.

Thanks for pointing that out Ramsay. It is odd that it worked without turning it up the first time I launched the game after the update. The update seemed to apply otherwise, I was able to fire both Sidearms without fiddling around between shots. I'll try to test again later. Can you confirm the "gun fires instead of SA if you select the AA gun before switching to the SA" bug still exists for you too?

The exact process to reproduce can be found in this thread.

I am unable to reproduce the missing tone bug I spoke of. The volume is up by default so IDK what was going on, maybe the PC restart fixed it...

I am still able to reproduce the "gun firing instead of SA" bug 100% of the time.

On a positive note, it looks like restarting the mission is all it takes to get it working again (until you select the AA gun anyway). That took a full DCS restart in the past.

:thumbup:

Still getting the bug of firing guns instead of the SideArm, no matter the selection mode, the only time i was able to fire them was when i didnt have the Gunpod mounted, and i fired them ahead of all the other armament (that time, the selection was made using the DMT screen). Can anyone tell me a (sure non missing) process for firing these badasses.

I was able to solve the issue with the sidearm and gun pod. The MCPD clearly stated SA and was firing the gun pod. I read the beginning post here and someone mentioned switching to guns while in A2A mode. So I went back into A2A switched to boresight then select A2A gun and back to boresight. This way I now am sure that A2A mode was not left in gun mode. Select the sidearm got a lock on a radar and presto off goes the sidearm missile. Hope this helps.

Edited by Cueball

"helps", this only is a workaround, Razbam still has to fix this. the sooner the better

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yep, and no statement by DECOY (Razbam) yet on whether they have already checked the track-file above. (post #84)

So the root of this problem is A/A modes are not completely deselected or A/A mode is not mutually exclusive. Once A/A guns is selected (with Gun pods installed), it will affect gun operation with all other modes.

Does this describe what you guys are seen?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So the root of this problem is A/A modes are not completely deselected or A/A mode is not mutually exclusive. Once A/A guns is selected (with Gun pods installed), it will affect gun operation with all other modes.

Does this describe what you guys are seen?

Can't speak for other folks, but it's more or less what I see.

AFAIK it doesn't only effect the Sidearm

I've been in A2G dropping CCIP mk82's (IIRC), switched to A2A for a target (Mi-8 ) of opportunity and then switched back to A2G, to find myself stuck with guns and no bomb drop, eventually by switching between weapons, A2G/A2A, Master Arm ON/OFF, etc. I managed to 'kick' the system out of A2A and back to normal.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yeah, that is the root cause. So if you switch to A/A modes, they take over all the symbology and weapons controls. Even selecting Bore or SEAM will affect A/G mode, specifically weapons delivery and symbology.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

Can you please also confirm whether the lose-lock bug got fixed? (lock onto something, then turn away from the contact, sidearm lock-tone should change back to low-pitched search-tone again)