Mirage III - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
AliPG

Arrow Mirage III

looking forward to Mirage 3 module, Any update?
Old 07-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
Bozon

Yes! please don’t abandon this project!
The Mosquito and news about Mirage III development is what brought me to DCS.

Mirage III is an instant must-buy-day-1 for me!

Though no news about it in ages, it seems to have been pushed to end of the queue.

... well, he could have said it!
Bozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
jacobs

Well they have lots of planes on the pipeline, looks like the Mirage III may take lots of years.
jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
wackomedic911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs View Post
Well they have lots of planes on the pipeline, looks like the Mirage III may take lots of years.
The sad thing is its not the first time they have teased it. it goes as far back as 2015, when they just started in DCS, round about when they abandoned the T2.
They also teased the KFIR c7/10/Atlas Cheetah, but that was abandoned, even though they would have sold a lot more of them than the mig 19!
wackomedic911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
Baco

Its an Instant Buy for me too, but sadly to many things on their plate right now.. and they just added the AMX...
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:17 AM   #6
Rick50

The AMX ?

Uh... starting to wonder what their priorities are... I mean, making models is not the same as making modules. Just saying.
Rick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick50 View Post
The AMX ?

Uh... starting to wonder what their priorities are... I mean, making models is not the same as making modules. Just saying.
They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs View Post
They showed some 3d renders, don't know if they will go forward with a full module, or just some AI asset to enhance their falklands/south america scenario.

Also, the brazilian AMX (before modernization) was really limited, basically a L-39 or C-101 with a HUD and a CCIP capability. Not that capable.

That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....
TLTeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #9
jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
That's a very serious stretch. The performance of the AMX is much better than that of a trainer, and they actually have decent combat avionics (rwr, countermeasures, navigation/attack systems, ranging radar to name a few).

Supposedly, it's something Razbam is doing on the side and even they have said it won't come to DCS any time soon, so I doubt it will get in the way of other projects. If anything, that statement makes their tease/announcement even more questionable tbh....
You mean the Italian version right? Because the Brazilian version was always under equipped due to lack of funds. A small number of units are going through a modernization now, that adds a radar, new cockpit and smart munitions capability.

I agree that an AMX is way better than a C-101. Maybe it would be fare to compare it with the Viggen for example. But even than the AMX is inferior since it lacks radar, anti-ship, supersonic flight, etc...
Old 08-01-2020, 05:54 AM   #10
Baco

Lets put it this way. The AMX is agood replacement for the aging A-4s Skyhawks.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote