Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

Hello,

I am hoping to be around tomorrow (Wednesday the 25th Australian EST) to go online MP for the first time maybe some time after 9:00 am

I am hoping to do so in VR, and I was hoping there might be someone online who can meet me to help get set up as it would be my fist time going MP, not just in DCS but in anything (I don't do gaming, I just fly) I have downloaded and logged in to Teamspeak and Discord and I'm currently operating DCS Stable version, does this sound like a viable prospect?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

We enjoy your server but there are a few annoyances that prevent our wing from flying more on it.

First, why do you not force clients to use SRS. There are too many people on the server that neither text or use voice comms. If you want realism you should force SRS. The texting thing is really silly in a study sim.

Second, it might be a good idea to reduce the weather or statics; frame rate can be bad at times.

These are meant to be constructive criticisms in an effort to improve the overall sim play.

cheers

Thank you for your comment. We have some plans to work on more tools to get this kind of thing worked out. It would be hard to explicitly have an enforced SRS policy at all times, however we have been running many ops during the week where we schedule controllers to get on and we get nearly the entire server on SRS because of that.

The only statics I believe are the helo logistics, there's not much of those, but I can try to reduce some of the other un-used vehicles as well to reduce lag and performance issues overall. We have a lot of great content now, but we've been scaling back a bit since our population is high most of the time.

Hello,

I am hoping to be around tomorrow (Wednesday the 25th Australian EST) to go online MP for the first time maybe some time after 9:00 am

I am hoping to do so in VR, and I was hoping there might be someone online who can meet me to help get set up as it would be my fist time going MP, not just in DCS but in anything (I don't do gaming, I just fly) I have downloaded and logged in to Teamspeak and Discord and I'm currently operating DCS Stable version, does this sound like a viable prospect?

Yeah, get on the Discord, maybe talk to our admin Butterfly (107th) since he's in your timezone (also an aussie). He should be able to help you!

Also, update to OpenBeta, or convert your current stable install to OpenBeta, really easy to do: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Thanks very much for that. I’ll have a go. There is chance I’m going to have to go in to work, so I don’t want to put anyone out but hopefully I’ll have time to play. Thanks again.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 2 months later...

TTI PvE LIVE 3D MAP + GREENIE BOARD + FLIGHT PLANNER:

http://map.throughtheinferno.com/

ttilivemapv2.gif

"Through The Inferno"

That web map is amazing, great to look at when I'm supposed to be working.

One quick thought... is it possible to add the Waypoint to the JTAC radio output? Then A2G guys could use that for missions rather than typing -intel

One quick thought... is it possible to add the Waypoint to the JTAC radio output? Then A2G guys could use that for missions rather than typing -intel

Hey Savvy. Nice idea, however I tried my hand at making this intricate script to do this, but it has been taking me all morning without finding a clean solution. A workaround would be to have SEVERAL different JTACS per each misison but that takes up too many resources. Currently we only need one JTAC unit on the map that the scripting generates from.

You can easily get intel from F10 using mission intel there instead of the chat. For now, until I get more lua script support with our jtac script I think I'm going to put this one on the back burner for a bit.

It's on my to-do list though, and I might revisit it when I have more time again.

"Through The Inferno"

scratch that, I think we got it working on our test server!

I'll let you know when it's live

"Through The Inferno"

Check this out! :D

Capture.JPG

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 months later...
Has something change in the last couple days, can’t find the server in multiplayer anymore? Did they change DCS versions? I’m currently on the latest stable release.

Always running latest OpenBeta, we just moved to the latest 2.5.6

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatley I can't join your caucasus server with 107 players, because of high ping! But the nevada i can join.

Do you plan when the Supercarrier DLC launches to make the nevada server also on a naval map?

Thanks!

Another question: What radio freequency should I use for communicating with airfield? (mostly sochi and/or nellis AFB)?

Edited by memoric

Unfortunatley I can't join your caucasus server with 107 players, because of high ping! But the nevada i can join.

Do you plan when the Supercarrier DLC launches to make the nevada server also on a naval map?

Thanks!

Another question: What radio freequency should I use for communicating with airfield? (mostly sochi and/or nellis AFB)?

You can get around the ping limit by joining via IP, directly: 64.94.100.43:10308

Also, you can find the AI ATC frequencies of airfields by clicking on them on the f10 map for more info.

We use SRS though, and 251Mhz AM is for SRS player ATC comms for your callouts.

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks for that info with IP!

Sorry I'm a noob what means SRS? When i enter the Frequency on the F10 map, if i'm inbound the airfield nobody answers?

And what is ATIS Frequency? I saw this in the kneeboard info page, haven't find out what it is good for.

Thank you very much!

Edited by memoric

Thanks for that info with IP!

Sorry I'm a noob what means SRS? When i enter the Frequency on the F10 map, if i'm inbound the airfield nobody answers?

And what is ATIS Frequency? I saw this in the kneeboard info page, haven't find out what it is good for.

Thank you very much!

SRS: a communication tool to simulate talking to others on specific frequencies via aircraft radio. Seperate download and (simple) install. All very well documented in the included readme.txt. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169387

The appropriate frequencies for TTS Server are in the briefing (left ALT+B) once you are conneted to the MP server. For example 251AM is for airfield comms, 124AM for air to ground, 254AM for air to air and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Through The Inferno - 2020 Player Feedback and Survey

It's been 2 years since the last one and our community has grown immensely. The great feedback from you guys have helped make TTI Servers and Missions an amazing experience that continues to improve each and everyday.

We're interested to get some community feedback to see how and where we can spend resources on to bring more awesome missions, features and tools.

The DCS meta is shifting at a rapid pace with new features and modules coming at us faster than before. We're always adapting and trying new things but we want to see where our community stands on certain aspects of DCS and TTI in general.

Filling out this survey will take about 5 minutes or less.

Your participation is greatly appreciated and ultimately helps promote positive growth in our community as well as the DCS community as a whole.

We'll be sure to share the results this time around!

Here it is: https://forms.gle/HmBBviUf8U3tHSHa7

Thanks!

"Through The Inferno"

As I was playing today, massive lag occured. Is this because supercarrier?

Thanks

There's been a hit on performance since the 2.5.6 update. We even scaled back a few features/missions/events to compensate to no avail... SC probably has something to do with it.

Hopefully more optimization updates are in the near future. If not, we'll continue to monitor and see if we can make a few more adjustments without watering down the mission too much.

"Through The Inferno"

Through the inferno won't stop spawning.

Hi guys. Ive downloaded your awesome PG map mission for single player.

Have gone through the resdme and out FALSE to everything except AA spawn.

When I try AG easy on either auto spawn or set to FALSE and I manually add the mission from F10 it doesn't stop spawning.

Like it adds 16 units at each site and then goes back around adding 16 more at the same site until dcs crashes.

Can anyone help?

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk