Just got Oculus Rift; I'm sitting outside my cockpit!

ElCuco68

So, I just bought a 3-sensor O.Rift setup (with Touch controllers as well), and for some reason, I'm sitting outside and to the left of the plane's cockpit. I tried a few things but the best I can do is get just inside to the left of the seat back. What's going on?

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

Recenter your VR viewpoint. I believe the key command is in the UI Layer section of the key bindings.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Recenter your VR viewpoint. I believe the key command is in the UI Layer section of the key bindings.

Yes it is, where it lists the plane modules on the left hand side scroll all the way down and you will see that UI Layer toward the bottom.

You will want to bind both VR-Recenter and VR-Zoom to buttons on your HOTAS.

I find I only need to press the re-center button upon first launch of DCS, it will usually stay fine throughout the session.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Got it fixed, thanks! WOW !! This is incredible! I was fully prepared to be underwhelmed, but this is FAR better than I was expecting! I now see exactly why people say "You can never go back to 2D".

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

Got it fixed, thanks! WOW !! This is incredible! I was fully prepared to be underwhelmed, but this is FAR better than I was expecting! I now see exactly why people say "You can never go back to 2D".

:) Be sure to bind the VR Zoom to your Hotas, for when you need to see the instruments up close:

ANES8VJ.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

:thumbup:

Enjoy this awesome new world of VR gaming!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Once centered, make sure you move forward inside the cockpit so your face is closer to the front panel, you do that by

RCtrl + RShift + NumPad "*"

Moving back same combo but NumPad "/" instead.

No real fighter pilot flies with the head against the ejection seat headrest, which is were the default ED position is.

LLTTRXMQ4ZCSZB4WIKP3MB5O4I.jpg

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Once centered, make sure you move forward inside the cockpit so your face is closer to the front panel, you do that by

RCtrl + RShift + NumPad "*"

Moving back same combo but NumPad "/" instead.

No real fighter pilot flies with the head against the ejection seat headrest, which is were the default ED position is.

LLTTRXMQ4ZCSZB4WIKP3MB5O4I.jpg

Instead of using keyboard commands to move forward an aft in the cockpit I do this.

I double click my mouse wheel which makes my mouse cursor disappear but it then allows me to scroll the mouse wheel to move my view in the pit forward and and aft. Then i double click my mouse wheel again and now that is my new default position and the mouse cursor reappears.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Instead of using keyboard commands to move forward an aft in the cockpit I do this.

I double click my mouse wheel which makes my mouse cursor disappear but it then allows me to scroll the mouse wheel to move my view in the pit forward and and aft. Then i double click my mouse wheel again and now that is my new default position and the mouse cursor reappears.

Oh! good to know, let´s see if my trackball allows me to do that. Thanks, one step closer to remove the keyboard lol

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Yes that is very good to know, will have to give that a try thanks.

Don B

I found that when I put the game IPD to the IPD of my headset, I needed to move my head around less.

in the gazelle I always had to back away from the sight with the default IPD. because it felt in my face. but with the correct IPD it suddenly feels okay and I don't move my head.

I did not expect IPD to have that effect. because the aircraft felt the right size with the default IPD. so I thought default was close to what I needed.

turns out it was not :)

the cockpit is also easier to see. without zooming. in a way I cant explain.

less blurry? closer? bigger?

probably closer because im not moving my head back two clicks of the mouse wheel...

yay rocket science :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I found that when I put the game IPD to the IPD of my headset, I needed to move my head around less.

in the gazelle I always had to back away from the sight with the default IPD. because it felt in my face. but with the correct IPD it suddenly feels okay and I don't move my head.

I did not expect IPD to have that effect. because the aircraft felt the right size with the default IPD. so I thought default was close to what I needed.

turns out it was not :)

the cockpit is also easier to see. without zooming. in a way I cant explain.

less blurry? closer? bigger?

probably closer because im not moving my head back two clicks of the mouse wheel...

yay rocket science :)

Think of DCS IPD like a World Scale factor :smilewink: