BFVG WIP Thread

Raz_Specter

hey you got the shape! Can I ask the dimensions of the object, especially height, I tried for AGES to get a shape that would sit flat on the floor and I just couldnt as it would rise up and float a lot of the time. Also, (this was pre-Viggen) I had issues rolling up onto the collision model when I used the Mirage for this, from the sounds of it, there's something to do with the robustness of the AV-8B here... did you do much testing on other airframes? Can they get stuck etc? Do you see floating ones like I did? I'd be interested in the collision model Spec used and how he did it, out of curiosity since i spent many hours messing around with a FARP replacement.

Well done though, looks like this will be the first roll on roll off FARP model done! Kudos. And loving the other stuff been AFK for a few months from DCS and just getting back to reading up. That V2 site...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

hey you got the shape! Can I ask the dimensions of the object, especially height, I tried for AGES to get a shape that would sit flat on the floor and I just couldnt as it would rise up and float a lot of the time. Also, (this was pre-Viggen) I had issues rolling up onto the collision model when I used the Mirage for this, from the sounds of it, there's something to do with the robustness of the AV-8B here... did you do much testing on other airframes? Can they get stuck etc? Do you see floating ones like I did? I'd be interested in the collision model Spec used and how he did it, out of curiosity since i spent many hours messing around with a FARP replacement.

Well done though, looks like this will be the first roll on roll off FARP model done! Kudos. And loving the other stuff been AFK for a few months from DCS and just getting back to reading up. That V2 site...

Cheers Pikey, welcome back to the sim. I am not sure of the dimensions to be honest I just asked Spec if he could create AM2 as thin as possible. It was never intended to function as a FARP just a basic fortification to make field based Hide scene, but i do love a challenge and here we are with something that works in both SP and MP.

Placement is always an issue in DCS and in some circumstances it will float but that's down to the map mesh, that problem is more prevalent in NTTR but through trial and error it can be done. No the airframes that can use it don't get stuck and you can also spawn them on the AM2 via ground start/ground hot start and I am putting a video together that explains the process. The aircraft I have successfully tested thus far are All Helos, Spitfire, P51D, M2000C and AV-8B but unfortunately the undercarriage on the Viggen, A10C and F86 simply collapse. Now if Heatblur strengthen the undercarriage it would work perfectly. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, seems the issue remains then. I found that the thinner they are the more chance to float, someone also found there is an exact shape of width and flatness that also affects floatiness. Like a ratio. Also the larger it is, the more chance the area is not quite flat. Surprised you found NTTR worse than Caucasus, but it might make sense given the mesh is likely more detailed. I did try sinking a larger block into the ground but the models don't seem to observe the height we set them at the ground.

I'm not sure how this will ever be completely solved without a DCS engine change but I remain hopeful. Trying to get a solution that works for all the wheeled airframes will remain difficult, but choppers and Harrier remain the best bet so it could still be a mod with a large caveat.

Cheers Pikey, welcome back to the sim. I am not sure of the dimensions to be honest I just asked Spec if he could create AM2 as thin as possible. It was never intended to function as a FARP just a basic fortification to make field based Hide scene, but i do love a challenge and here we are with something that works in both SP and MP.

Placement is always an issue in DCS and in some circumstances it will float but that's down to the map mesh, that problem is more prevalent in NTTR but through trial and error it can be done. No the airframes that can use it don't get stuck and you can also spawn them on the AM2 via ground start/ground hot start and I am putting a video together that explains the process. The aircraft I have successfully tested thus far are All Helos, Spitfire, P51D, M2000C and AV-8B but unfortunately the undercarriage on the Viggen, A10C and F86 simply collapse. Now if Heatblur strengthen the undercarriage it would work perfectly. Cheers.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Ah, seems the issue remains then. I found that the thinner they are the more chance to float, someone also found there is an exact shape of width and flatness that also affects floatiness. Like a ratio. Also the larger it is, the more chance the area is not quite flat. Surprised you found NTTR worse than Caucasus, but it might make sense given the mesh is likely more detailed. I did try sinking a larger block into the ground but the models don't seem to observe the height we set them at the ground.

I'm not sure how this will ever be completely solved without a DCS engine change but I remain hopeful. Trying to get a solution that works for all the wheeled airframes will remain difficult, but choppers and Harrier remain the best bet so it could still be a mod with a large caveat.

This is what can be achieved with the Mod, with patience and time

attachment.php?attachmentid=175284&stc=1&d=1514720909

attachment.php?attachmentid=175285&stc=1&d=1514720909

attachment.php?attachmentid=175286&stc=1&d=1514720909

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]