Looking for a new monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06X9CBRTP

This is the current monitor I'm looking at buying. Does anyone know of any deals or good buys at this price range? I'm in no hurry to purchase so I can wait a few months if something new is coming and/or a price drop is coming.

My requirements are G-Sync and minimum of 3440x1440. I'm liking the ultra wide screens. My budget is around 900 but I'll take a deal if I can find it. I don't buy monitors very often. I want the next one to last for a while.

Any thoughts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Prices of IT equipment tend to go up as you get closer to christmas

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

... and after Christmas you can have some sales.

With such a resolution and Gsync, I assume that you have a good Nvidia graphic card.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

You would need at least a 1080 or 1080ti to run DCS well on that beast. "AOC Agon AG352UCG 35"

The sweet spot at the moment is 2560 x 1440P in DCS for larger missions / eye candy balance, it may get better for 4K as ED optimizes the sim more?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David, we have a pretty similar setup. I was looking at the same monitor your using. I just want to bump up the Rez for future builds.

I'm running a 7600k, 960pro m.2, and a 1070 right now at 1900x1200. Things are smooth. I don't mind turning settings down for the short term. With a newer monitor. I figure I will have the next monitor for the next 5 or upgrades of my current pic.

The display I linked came out in march and never had a price drop. It's at 900. The IPS displays are at 1200ish. I don't know if thats worth it. Anything else at this price point I should be looking at? I know if I dropped gsync, I could knock off 200$. I tested gsync out on some computers in a local microcenter and it was very noticeable for other games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]