Which branch will stay? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmbrak View Post
Sounds like you may have removed your main DCS World installation? Nevada is currently an "Alpha" branch, 1.5 was until recently the "Beta" branch, but at the end of the day the "main branch" was still 1.2.x and now 1.5.2. If you removed your main branch you will at some point need to install it again. Some content may be copied over by the installer from alpha/beta streams, but you will still need the main one.
Why should he? I got rid of the main branch 2 or 3 years ago and since then I only use the beta branch. Works just fine. I get all the new updates (except the alpha now) and if I don't want a new beta update to retain MP combaitibility I can just reject the update until the main branch gets updated.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-08-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
Atelophobia

Reputation power: 9
Atelophobia will become famous soon enoughAtelophobia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmyk View Post
Except for Leatherneck's MiG-21bis which is still having problems with activations ...

Sorry, couldn't resist a gentle dig ...
did experience that
Old 01-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #13
NeilWillis
Veteran

Reputation power: 19
NeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really nice

The basic set-up for DCS World will always be a Full release version - which will be the main install, and then if you choose to, you can add the Beta as a separate entity.

The Alpha install is unusual, and was added for NTTR.

Eventually, the Alpha will migrate onto the Full release version, and when it does, if you have the Alpha installed, it should gather as many files as it can from the Alpha to save having to download them.

So the best advice is to use the 1.5.2 version as your main install, but hold on to the NTTR version ready for when the update happens. There are no certainties about how the update will happen, but the law of averages says that 1.5.2 is the one to concentrate on for adding modules if you only want to put them in one place.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #14
Atelophobia

Atelophobia will become famous soon enoughAtelophobia will become famous soon enough

Great, installed Nevada Alpha Installer, downloaded DCS World Files with it, startet, had to get Nevada Files which stopped downloading after several hours. Now I cant even re-initiate DL of terrain. DCS just says I need to DL but I cant select any Terrain in the Module Manager anymore althoug logged in. There's also no option to get these files from the website.

Now what?
Old 01-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #15
Atelophobia

Found a solution here....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...34&postcount=2

downloading. Hope it helps