Does it worth it?

harf4ng

Hi,

For those who own this beast, do you think it worth it, even without the pro flight model and the lack of a clickable cockpit?

Is it considered as a standalone dcs module that we can use on all dcs maps with all kind of missions? Does it have a 6dof cockpit and handles VR like all other dcs modules?

I'm still wondering if I will buy this one or got more money and get the F18. As the F18 could also be used as an air to ground attack fighter and has carrier operations which could be fun...

I'm surprised when I saw in a video that the F15 is still an active aircraft beside its age...

Are there a lot of available missions/campaigns for the F15?

Thanks.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

With F-15C you are stuck with A2A, while with F/A-18C you can do air to air and air to ground, so more opportunities to have fun. Yes, you have campaigns for F-15C, there was a new campaign released recently. It all depends on what you like, really. On the other hand, the F-15C will cost you 10 dollars, on some sales it is 5-6 dollars, so you won't pay too much anyway.

Am I special?

15$ the F15, though indeed with bonus credits it falls down to 11$.

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

If you’re going to buy the F15c, just purchase Flaming Cliffs 3. Most definitely worth the extra. For one thing, includes the Su33, which is pretty much a poor mans F18 and can conduct carrier ops.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'm not really into Russian planes... More a western guy :) I even never tried the free SU included in DCS :)

I was more into old planes like the saber and the WW2 warbords, helicopters as well, but I thought about getting a more modern plane as well...

I'm not really into Russian planes... More a western guy :) I even never tried the free SU included in DCS :)

I was more into old planes like the saber and the WW2 warbords, helicopters as well, but I thought about getting a more modern plane as well...

Understand exactly where you're coming from.

When I started, my goal was to fly a Huey. Just so happens that post that, ended up branching out into both jets and the warbirds.

I'd suggest you simply grab FC3 the next time it's on sale.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

The huey is what I'm flying nowadays. Starting again after months not playing.

With full size cyclic and the warthog throttle as collective it works fine. I'm on the third UN mission :)

And in VR of course... 0b3918c2143fe9e862926cd57da3387d.jpg

The F-15C does have a professional flight model. It's only the systems which are simplified. Yes, it has a 6dof cockpit and can be used in any map, and works with VR as anything else does.

A campaign and several single missions are included with the module. There are also 3 payware campaigns available, 1 for Caucasus and 2 for NTTR, as well as at least two free full user made campaigns.

And I noticed as well a dynamic campaign with DCE. :)

I got it on sales and I regret... not paying full price! I had countless hours of fun flying this beast and do not even consider buying any other module (maybe I give F-14 a try whenever ready). Feels like a steal for $5.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

F-15C has one of most detailed PFMs in DCS. Getting FC3 is more value compared to just the standalone F-15C though.

This. As far as I'm aware the F-15C and Su-27 currently have the most finely developed flight models in the game, despite being FC3 aircraft with somewhat simplified systems. As I understand it the FM's for both have been tried & signed off by actual type pilots.

Not sure if this situation will change with the introduction of the F-18, but in terms of flight model accuracy the F-15C and Su-27 are where it's at right now.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.