UK Navalops

gaz2644

We are now Virtual Joint Strike Wing

https://virtual-jointstrikewing.com/

MMndfC0.gif

UK Navalopps

Flying from ships deployed worldwide, the aircraft of the Fleet Air Arm provide the UK with influence over land and sea, and assist in the wide range of roles undertaken by the Royal Navy from disaster relief to landing Royal Marines onto a hostile shore.

UK Navalops

is a virtual combat air group for DCS World. Our main squadrons fly the Razbam Harrier and the DCS F18C. We also have attack and transport helicopter squadrons flying the Black Shark, the Gazelle and the UH1 Huey. Each of these squadrons are based on real Naval squadon within the Fleet Air Arm. We have a rank structure in line with the real royal Navy, where pilots can work their way through the ranks and lead their own squadron.

We use a web based flight logging software using VABase. All pilots are to manually file a Pirep after each flight. This can be for both online and offline flights. all Pireps are to be checked and accepted by Squadron Commanders. Pilots aren't tied to one aircraft type. Here at Uk Navalops pilots can fly any aircraft in out fleet and submit a pirep. So if you fancy an offline Huey flight delivering mail to the carrier then thats fine. Here we focus on freedom and enjoyment.Pilots can fly as often as they like although our main missions are Saturday nights.

Squadrons

PnRoPmB.png

800 Naval Air Squadron

BbXtkfI.png

801 Naval Air Squadron

OlXp8ZX.png

892 Naval Air Squadron

Ew9omIo.png

Commando Helicopter Force

Aswell as flight squadrons we have a ground element:

HoQeFkn.png

Royal Marines Commando

We currently have 800 NAS & 801 NAS Flying the Razbam Harrier, and 892 NAS Flying the DCS F18c

Commando Helicopter Force is active but doesnt have dedicated members, however this could change, numbers permitting.

We are looking for experienced Harrier pilots to help with training.

Dont worry if you have no experience because we have an fun training package set up. plus we dont shove people in a training squadron for three months before they get to fly combat missions. new pilots will be assigned a mentor who will help them through it all.

If flying isnt your thing we have a dedicated ground unit which can run completely indipendantly from the rest of the group, but can provide JTAC and Recce support when needed. This unit is for DCS World Combined Arms

If you are interested then please go to our website

and fill in the short application.

If you need any more info please dont hesitate to contact me by pm on here.

See you in the skies

http://www.uknavalops.co.uk/

TS:

Edited by gaz2644

I'll definitely be coming to say hi at some point.

Whilst I've really enjoyed the extremely helpful Americans that I've flown with, I'd like to be able to fly with someone in my own time zone.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

800 NAS has just returned from our two month deployment to NTTR.

Where we flew trainng missions out of Nellis and Creech AFB.

The aim of the deployment was to get our members training with the Harrier weapon systems, aswell as learning formation flying and air to air refueling, both in day and night environments.

The training was all done at a slow pace with pilots free to practice on what ever they felt they needed to.

UK Navalops is a brand new group so it was goo to get pilots online and let everyone get to know each other. We had a mission template running on the dedicated server 24/7, with pilots free to jump on when every they wanted.

The deployment proved successful and im sure all members enjoyed it.

Were are a few screenshots from the deployment.

CF8rziU.jpg

9XyOzCP.jpg

lltDIss.jpg

D6Y7BUs.png

4URuxaa.png

So whats next ?

Now we return to our home plate in preperation for 800 NAS carrier quals on board HMS Hermes.

Along side this we will move onto more advanced weapon and tactics training, using JTAC and FAC(A) support.

If anyone wants more information about the group or wants to join please go to our website www.uknavalops.co.uk

See you in the skies

CptGaz "PITBULL"

CO UK Navalops

leppZsN.jpg

EngCLR6.jpg

oJSmzgz.png

Edited by gaz2644

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently running Carrier Day/Night Qualifications and A2A Re-fueling back at our home plate.

28326584448_5b78dacb36_o.pngScreen_180518_232333 by christopher deacon, on Flickr

28326587728_441c533cf0_o.pngScreen_180518_213350 by christopher deacon, on Flickr

42230837171_0e6bd05546_o.pngScreen_180520_140329 by christopher deacon, on Flickr

42171387352_d8f43d48d9_o.pngScreen_180519_183241 by christopher deacon, on Flickr

Edited by Tricky11

Hello to all the people of UK Navalopps!

My name is Anthony and I am a fellow DCS enthusiast with at least 20 years flight simming experience, I am also equally interested in the RAF and to a lesser extent the Fleet Air Arm / Royal Navy, so having found your group on the ED forums and due to it's Harrier / RAF / Navy / British relevance, I thought you may be interested in a mission I have been steadily working on over the last 6 months or so.

The mission is a simple, fictional Falklands War 2 scenario set in late 2009, the equipment / aircraft / ships / units used are carefully chosen and named to represent those in service on both sides during this period. For example, the closest comparable ship to the HMS Illustrious available in DCS is obviously the USS Tarawa, and a comparable ship to represent HMS Daring is the CG-60 Normandy, similarly the ARA Hercules of Argentina is represented by an FFG 11540 Neustrashimy.

The mission is multiplayer compatible and is quite straight forward and linear, allowing a choice of mission styles and target types, with a reasonable amount of AI air and ground targets for both the Argentine and British sides. There are plenty of client slots including both helicopters, planes and combined arms options. I have also tried to include multiple JTAC / AFAC / FAC units for use on both sides.

If anything, It is a ''do as you like'' kind of mission, as there are plenty of options for targets. I have included a peacetime version for training in the relevant area of operation.

As with most missions, this is a work in progress and has been quite a learning curve, however I have had good feedback from the DCS community so far and hope you can make use of the mission, even if you simply adapt it to your own needs. Any questions, advice or Ideas are always welcome.

This is the link for the file;

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3116233/

Kind regards,

Anthony

( ANT (EGNF) UK )

Edited by antonovia

• 2 weeks later...

The 800th Squadron along with our Commando Helicopter Force is currently being deployed to the Persian Gulf for 3 months during negotiations between the UAE and Iran over ownership of the straits of hormuz. Whilst the negotiations are still in place carrier quals and air to ground attack training will be conducted to keep us sharp and allow us the acclimatise to the area.

Wish the Boys luck..

Just a reply here we have stood up our F18 Sqdn and have the Stennis and the Hermes in our carrier group as a coalition effort, We are finding the balance between realism and fun. Whether your new or not jump on and fly with us, offer opinions its how any group grows. Most of us were ground pounders both Brit and Us Marine and are now flying our dreams lol, we strive for realism but realize that takes time and fun is really why we are here so if your a vet or a noob come in and be a good bloke( as the other side of the pond says) and you will do just fine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have just finished our deployment in the Persian Gulf and are returning to our homeplate to get 801 Sqn's transition to the Harrier.

Here are some shots from our deployment.

42299885904_47026f0264_o.png

blsfSKB.png

AAqaaNA.png

lniGN7B.png

n1zETmR.png

88QB1zO.png

7m2pMrK.png

detJsNR.png

610A5Hx.png

qRSc2NZ.png

MMkz2FI.png

HnSJgR9.png

tC9nW5d.png

qp5eIpH.png

xoIO0lv.png

UK NAVALOPS IS RECRUITING

WE are looking for Harrier and F18 pilots to join our ranks. If you are interested please drop by our forums. The details are on the first post.

we are also looking for hely pilots for our Commando Helicopter Force.

Next month UK Navalops will be running public server events, aswell as our very own flying club events.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

DCS Liveries

Hows it going, I am the creator of the Royal navy Hornet Skin pack

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300868/

Seeing as your squadron is centred around such things, I would be more than happy to customise them?

I will be making F14 Tomcat ones when the paintkit becomes available.

Just let me know, also any feedback is always appreciated.

• 1 year later...