AV-8B COPY PROTECTION CHANGE - Page 72 - ED Forums
 


Notices

View Poll Results: Eagle Dynamics New DRM Expiration Period Limit
1 Calendar Day 3 0.69%
3 Calendar Days ( Current System Under Evaluation ) 7 1.62%
7 Calendar Days 28 6.47%
14 Calendar Days 43 9.93%
21 Calendar Days 10 2.31%
30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month ) 154 35.57%
60 Calendar Days 11 2.54%
90 Calendar Days 205 47.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #711
bolt69
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15
Default

As per last update info :
"We are also implementing a new Offline mode to allow you to play DCS World 2.5 without any requirement for an internet connection."

Great, thank you guys. Definitly, that was a mandatory point for me to buy another DCS product and specifically the futur F18 module. So, I will buy it then.
bolt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:06 PM   #712
sc_neo
Member
 
sc_neo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 286
Default

Sounds promising and much appreciated. Still a bit vague though for my taste. But i trust ED has heard us and will make it a proper offline mode. Hoping to see more details soon so my wallet may open again
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #713
SGT Coyle
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 165
Default

Awesome!!!
__________________
IYAOYAS
SGT Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #714
Johnny_Rico
Senior Member
 
Johnny_Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
Sounds promising and much appreciated. Still a bit vague though for my taste. But i trust ED has heard us and will make it a proper offline mode. Hoping to see more details soon so my wallet may open again
Same here I have to say it was great to hear this news

fingers crossed it will be unveiled soon
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #715
thrustvector
Member
 
thrustvector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Exeter uk
Posts: 373
Default

what a difference this will make to a lot of, I cant wait to part with more money when this comes in
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #716
SGT Coyle
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
what a difference this will make to a lot of, I cant wait to part with more money when this comes in
?
__________________
IYAOYAS
SGT Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #717
Johnny_Rico
Senior Member
 
Johnny_Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,090
Default

any chance of a thread title change, since this is now for all modules not just the AV-8B?
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #718
Cdn_Payne
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Default

Hi,

TLDR; Will I be able transfer the recently purchased NTTR and AV-8B modules from Steam to stand alone DCS, either now or at some point in the future?

A bit of explanation. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it's easy to miss something in 717 posts, and I'm still not clear what's possible now, or what will be possible in the future. I'm wondering about portability of modules to/from Steam and standalone DCS.

Here is a bit of my history. I first played DCS in 2013 with the A-10C. I bought the module on Steam, along with a few other modules I have never put any time into (your welcome ED). That's not ED's fault, at least they were on sale :-). I played with the A-10C for over a year, and really enjoyed it.

Eventually, Falcon BMS drew me in with the F-16 multi role goodness. I played BMS for a few years, then took a break from military flight simulation all together. Then, recently I head about the AV-8B Harrier from RAZBAM, and the upcoming F/A-18C. That caught my interest, I imedeatly bought the AV-8B Harrier and the NTTR map on Steam, and have been enjoying it.

Since then, I learned many modules are available on the standalone DCS World before they are available on Steam. I installed the standalone version, and I could access all my modules from 2013, but not the NTTR map or the AV-8B. Will I ever be able to install the standalone version of DCS World, or will I forever be locked into the Steam version?

Thanks,

David
Cdn_Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #719
shagrat
ED Translator
 
shagrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Payne View Post
Hi,

TLDR; Will I be able transfer the recently purchased NTTR and AV-8B modules from Steam to stand alone DCS, either now or at some point in the future?

A bit of explanation. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it's easy to miss something in 717 posts, and I'm still not clear what's possible now, or what will be possible in the future. I'm wondering about portability of modules to/from Steam and standalone DCS.

Here is a bit of my history. I first played DCS in 2013 with the A-10C. I bought the module on Steam, along with a few other modules I have never put any time into (your welcome ED). That's not ED's fault, at least they were on sale :-). I played with the A-10C for over a year, and really enjoyed it.

Eventually, Falcon BMS drew me in with the F-16 multi role goodness. I played BMS for a few years, then took a break from military flight simulation all together. Then, recently I head about the AV-8B Harrier from RAZBAM, and the upcoming F/A-18C. That caught my interest, I imedeatly bought the AV-8B Harrier and the NTTR map on Steam, and have been enjoying it.

Since then, I learned many modules are available on the standalone DCS World before they are available on Steam. I installed the standalone version, and I could access all my modules from 2013, but not the NTTR map or the AV-8B. Will I ever be able to install the standalone version of DCS World, or will I forever be locked into the Steam version?

Thanks,

David
From my personal point of view, I guess that is a question, best asked to Vive (the operators of the Steam Shop and the Steam DRM). I have no idea what the current EULA from Steam is, how they handle DRM, if and how they can/want to transfer assets/or necessary purchase data from their system into a foreign one, etc.
The thing with the old modules (A-10C) is, they use Starforce keys, which can be transfered into the database from ED and bound to your standalone DCS account.
Valve politely closed that door quite a while ago, buy not allowing foreign keys into their Steam database.

I don't know how EDs new DRM system works (well, not more than was posted here), but a guess is, there is a chance they find a way in the future, hopefully.

I am lucky, as I always tried to omit Steam as much as possible, but I know a lot of people come to DCS through the Steam Store and learn about the Standalone later.

So I am very sympathetic to a fix for the mess Valve created.
__________________
Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:12 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.