21 Calendar Days 10 2.31%
30 Calendar Days ( Once a Month ) 154 35.57%
60 Calendar Days 11 2.54%
90 Calendar Days 205 47.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #711
bolt69

As per last update info :
"We are also implementing a new Offline mode to allow you to play DCS World 2.5 without any requirement for an internet connection."

Great, thank you guys. Definitly, that was a mandatory point for me to buy another DCS product and specifically the futur F18 module. So, I will buy it then.
bolt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:06 PM   #712
sc_neo

Sounds promising and much appreciated. Still a bit vague though for my taste. But i trust ED has heard us and will make it a proper offline mode. Hoping to see more details soon so my wallet may open again
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 PM   #713
SGT Coyle

Awesome!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #714
Johnny_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
Sounds promising and much appreciated. Still a bit vague though for my taste. But i trust ED has heard us and will make it a proper offline mode. Hoping to see more details soon so my wallet may open again
Same here I have to say it was great to hear this news

fingers crossed it will be unveiled soon
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #715
thrustvector

what a difference this will make to a lot of, I cant wait to part with more money when this comes in
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #716
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
what a difference this will make to a lot of, I cant wait to part with more money when this comes in
?
Old 04-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #717
Johnny_Rico

any chance of a thread title change, since this is now for all modules not just the AV-8B?
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #718
Cdn_Payne

Hi,

TLDR; Will I be able transfer the recently purchased NTTR and AV-8B modules from Steam to stand alone DCS, either now or at some point in the future?

A bit of explanation. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it's easy to miss something in 717 posts, and I'm still not clear what's possible now, or what will be possible in the future. I'm wondering about portability of modules to/from Steam and standalone DCS.

Here is a bit of my history. I first played DCS in 2013 with the A-10C. I bought the module on Steam, along with a few other modules I have never put any time into (your welcome ED). That's not ED's fault, at least they were on sale :-). I played with the A-10C for over a year, and really enjoyed it.

Eventually, Falcon BMS drew me in with the F-16 multi role goodness. I played BMS for a few years, then took a break from military flight simulation all together. Then, recently I head about the AV-8B Harrier from RAZBAM, and the upcoming F/A-18C. That caught my interest, I imedeatly bought the AV-8B Harrier and the NTTR map on Steam, and have been enjoying it.

Since then, I learned many modules are available on the standalone DCS World before they are available on Steam. I installed the standalone version, and I could access all my modules from 2013, but not the NTTR map or the AV-8B. Will I ever be able to install the standalone version of DCS World, or will I forever be locked into the Steam version?

Thanks,

David
Cdn_Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #719
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn_Payne View Post
Hi,

TLDR; Will I be able transfer the recently purchased NTTR and AV-8B modules from Steam to stand alone DCS, either now or at some point in the future?

A bit of explanation. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but it's easy to miss something in 717 posts, and I'm still not clear what's possible now, or what will be possible in the future. I'm wondering about portability of modules to/from Steam and standalone DCS.

Here is a bit of my history. I first played DCS in 2013 with the A-10C. I bought the module on Steam, along with a few other modules I have never put any time into (your welcome ED). That's not ED's fault, at least they were on sale :-). I played with the A-10C for over a year, and really enjoyed it.

Eventually, Falcon BMS drew me in with the F-16 multi role goodness. I played BMS for a few years, then took a break from military flight simulation all together. Then, recently I head about the AV-8B Harrier from RAZBAM, and the upcoming F/A-18C. That caught my interest, I imedeatly bought the AV-8B Harrier and the NTTR map on Steam, and have been enjoying it.

Since then, I learned many modules are available on the standalone DCS World before they are available on Steam. I installed the standalone version, and I could access all my modules from 2013, but not the NTTR map or the AV-8B. Will I ever be able to install the standalone version of DCS World, or will I forever be locked into the Steam version?

Thanks,

David
From my personal point of view, I guess that is a question, best asked to Vive (the operators of the Steam Shop and the Steam DRM). I have no idea what the current EULA from Steam is, how they handle DRM, if and how they can/want to transfer assets/or necessary purchase data from their system into a foreign one, etc.
The thing with the old modules (A-10C) is, they use Starforce keys, which can be transfered into the database from ED and bound to your standalone DCS account.
Valve politely closed that door quite a while ago, buy not allowing foreign keys into their Steam database.

I don't know how EDs new DRM system works (well, not more than was posted here), but a guess is, there is a chance they find a way in the future, hopefully.

I am lucky, as I always tried to omit Steam as much as possible, but I know a lot of people come to DCS through the Steam Store and learn about the Standalone later.

So I am very sympathetic to a fix for the mess Valve created.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote