The Battle Simulator by The Fighter Collection - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #111
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
actually Oleg himself has stated that TBS itslef its not classified. Military users can modify some code themselves for their personal needs to add in stuff, or adjust performance of weapons they wouldn't want to share in the vanilla download product coming from ED.
Correct. That does not imply the usable modules are. As maps and World in DCS are not necessarily part of contracts, or negotiations with the military, either.
Quote:
I hope youy arent implying US F16 and F18 are classified, and thus cant be made for DCS, but could be for TBS? please.....

There is a certain 3 lettered F16C Sim out there that is a high fidelity functioning aircraft of multiple block versions .
First the original 3 lettered F-16C sim (commercial product) had just one version, lot of things nerfed and or different for the same reasons. The main problem here, I guess, is to acquire the license from the aircraft manufacturer, but that's just a guess.

Quote:
the F/A18C is being developed and made available for DCS. Straight of Hormuz map, also WIP. coming to DCS for civilian Consumers. Ah64, also is something ED or BST would like to do. ( it doesnt say which versions anyhow)

I also wouldn't see why we coudlnt get a those other maps listed. Theyd be Great to have as well.
Maps seem to be a possibility, depending on contracts. If e.g. the XYZ military is paying for a 100% accurate war zone map it might not want/allow the company building it to resell it otherwise?

The Apache was included in a video of TBS showing JTAC training, that is as old as the A-10C Beta. My guess is, it is certain systems, weapon systems etc. that need permissions and clearance.
I remember the Laser-Maverick variant being deleted, even as a mod, for contractual reasons.
So a lot of this is not "can it be done", but "are we allowed to do it".

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller

Last edited by shagrat; 05-10-2017 at 03:09 PM.
shagrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #112
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
Hopefully we get that F-16 after the F-18 since a lot of the systems are similar
The Apache would be nice too as well as the Afghan and Syria maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
Sorry guys, VEAO will not be developing the Apache for public release.
We are still aiming to develop a military version pending contracts and future military development for DCS.

Can't go into reasons due to NDA's sorry.

Thanks,
Chris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
i wasn't referring to veao. something BST wanted to do along with other rotries like the cobra or Mi24. Besides Veao is busy with quite a bit of other projects. so no surprise they had to slim down thier WIP/ to do list. Thier a small team. it was more due to lack of manpower.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158039

Plus there are many versions of the Apahce. Its pretty vague when they did not say which version, but AH64A may be a possibility.

I was replying to Kayos about the AH64 and possible reasons it's not being done now, all good Kev2go.

Anyway, if anyone has already talked to the military/Boeing about doing a consumer version, it may be dead in the water then? Not a good idea to keep bugging them with multiple 3rd parties asking if they can do it.
David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #113
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Items listed on the Military/Professional/Contractor Website are not directly tied into the Consumer Side.

It's been repeated numerous times already.

Just because it's listed there does not mean it's coming to DCS World.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #114
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Correct. That does not imply the usable modules are. As maps and World in DCS are not necessarily part of contracts, or negotiations with the military, either.

First the original 3 lettered F-16C sim (commercial product) had just one version, lot of things nerfed and or different for the same reasons. The main problem here, I guess, is to acquire the license from the aircraft manufacturer, but that's just a guess.

Maps seem to be a possibility, depending on contracts. If e.g. the XYZ military is paying for a 100% accurate war zone map it might not want/allow the company building it to resell it otherwise?

The Apache was included in a video of TBS showing JTAC training, that is as old as the A-10C Beta. My guess is, it is certain systems, weapon systems etc. that need permissions and clearance.
I remember the Laser-Maverick variant being deleted, even as a mod, for contractual reasons.
So a lot of this is not "can it be done", but "are we allowed to do it".
That 3 letterd Sim was not a Commercial product. Last time i checked even before the 3 lettered mod that modernized it and made it full fidlety sim, it was still a consumer based flight sim/game according to the company, and the way it is sold. ANd yes to date it is hands down most authentic simulation of the F16C block 42/50/52 to date. ( praised by rl pilots of the respective airframe in the same way DCS A10C was, at it release)

well then certain aspects of the map can be simply taken out that a military may not want. . otherwise... google earth ( or other public sourced satellite images to base map design on )

barely developing countries like Afghanistan, i wouldnt expect them to change much in a couple years, so i don't think the latest possible Imagery from this given year wouldn't be necessary imo.

And yea the laser maverick ( agm65E) was removed from the A10C, but such an agreement in the contract only applied to the A10C. In the F/A18C chit chat thread, Oleg confirmed the AGM65E is planned for the F/A18C, but simply not at early access release.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2350

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Nctua NH14S ),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 05-10-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #115
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

A-10C 1.1.1.x Came from a Entertainment Version Branch off of the USAF Desktop Trainer,

Whether or not that was a specific version or another name for TBS i cannot say.

That being said, there's no indication that any Aircraft listed on TBS' in dev list is coming to DCS World Officially (outside of the F/A-18C).
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #116
Goa+
Posting Rights Suspended

yeah but apparently most of the content will sooner or later come to the pubblic again, just see f18, f16, syrian theater etc
  • CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+ 500GB Samsung 850 evo / GPU:Asus geforce strix O.C 1080TI / Monitor: Asus PG278QR 144HZ / Trackir 5 proclip/ TM Warthdog Hotas /TM TFFRP rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black
Goa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:17 PM   #117
MrDieing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa View Post
yeah but apparently most of the content will sooner or later come to the pubblic again, just see f18, f16, syrian theater etc
That is not Skate's point. You are assuming that because it has happened every time thus far, but that is by no means a guarantee for the future. Looking at it this way avoids dissappointments and can only bring good things
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #118
shagrat
ED Translator

...and keep in mind, contracts, disclosure of military stuff and legal issues, most often have nothing (!) to do with logic and even less with the personal wishes of some Sim freaks on the globe.
Even if a couple billion people petition to make it happen, it may not.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #119
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa View Post
Or not, remember the "huge" quantity of Theatres we never see on DCS but was builder to the military / training market by Avia Ltd as Baku, Fort Rucker, Corsica, Bagram Air Base or Debre Zeyit, Ethiopia.

The TBS webpage has 2 years outdated
Quote:
© 2016, The Fighter Collection & Eagle Dynamics, Inc.
And I think some of "planned" about DCS was changed or depleted as the "Crimea" Theatre or on the "unknown" as the Afghanistan Theatre. Of course, as SkateZilla talk, today has a senseless a list appears of a military products as "reference" to DCS.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 10-21-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #120
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDieing View Post
it has happened every time thus far

It hasn't.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs, dcs 2.5