VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Shepherd If Options is enabled calling e.g. "Soganlug,..options" shows the menu, even when menus are set to disabled.

You'll need to press-and-hold the PTT key. If the menu doesn't show confirm it does using the \ key, perhaps double-check your TX button setup.

@Rangoon OK will have a look to see if I can reproduce.

Normally with Easy Comms off the dial should move only when the switch is set to OPER.

EDIT: Confirmed: MAN setting not working as advertised atm. Thanks for flagging, will be looked into for fix.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for the update. All normal.

I'll have a look, if your db is up to date simply ignore the message.

Thanks.

I can recreate this behaviour 100% now.

• Import F10 option checked
  • Load a mission with custom F10 menus
  • Next time starting VA I get "update database..." message
  • Follow the steps as per manual
  • "update database.." message does not go away.

If edit profile file, copy/paste new keywords into file (clipboard content after FINISH step), then re-import the profile into VA, message goes away.

Hi Hollywood, I had a bit of a strange one yesterday that I wanted to run by you. I was flying back towards Batumi (which it now recognises) though I was near Kutaisi. I had the Batumi freq dialled up and made the inbound call. Vaicom recognised that I said Batumi but instead called Kutaisi (from which I received no reply) Any idea what's going on there?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Today I saw again an issue from the past where the transmission I am making does not actually execute until PTT is pressed a second time. This usually happens somewhere into the mission, not in the beginning. I can get through many transmissions without trouble, then suddenly this behavior appears seemingly out of nowhere.

I press and hold PTT, say what I want to say, hear the higher pitched beep confirming the message got through to VAICOM, but nothing happens in DCS. Once I press PTT again (immediately, without saying anything), DCS registers my transmission. I see the text appear in the upper left corner for what I had said previously, followed by the response.

Hi,

I really start to like VIACOM, hard to live without it when playing DCS!

What still troubles me is how to selecting a recipient works (with and without "use instant select").

For example with use instant select on:

I take off at Batumi, select Batumi AM freq, say "Batumi Inbound" -> works ok

After this change the AM freq to Kobuleti, say "Kobuleti Inbound", gets processed in VA perfectly (so understands Kobuleti) but in the sim it requests "Batumi inbound" instead and of course no respone...

Whatever I try I cannot get it to request "Kobuleti Inbound", like it always automatically selects the nearest airfield. If I use the sim menus it all just works.

What am I doing wrong?

If I do not use instant select, I cannot get the select statement to work.

It understands correctly for example "Kobuleti, ... Select" but then states in the VA window "awaiting additional input" and nothing seems to have happened. Should I say something immediately after the select statement?

Marcel

I still strugle with the problem described by huppel on page 25. I haven't found the solution. Hollywood, as far as I remember I even PM you with the same problem, but I think I didn't get answer.

Example: if there is a ship near Batumi and I want to call "Batumi, inbound" I never get response, because ship is closer. My voice recognition works 100% fine, especially for Batumi. Using menu it always works. Any solution?

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

It seems you need to click 'Use Instant Select' on the preferences tab to have Vaicom allow you to select your radio recipient of choice rather than the closest. However, sometimes Vaicom can 'forget' that it's selected so you need to deselect the option, restart VA & Vaicom and then reselect. This is the solution that Sadist_Cain found and it works.

The next problem, and it's a doozy, is how to get Vaicom to recognise the difference between Two and To which it constantly gets wrong by defaulting to To. This is particularly annoying when flying as the second of a two-ship flight and calling "Batumi, Hawg 2-1, Inbound", to which ATC responds to Hawg 1-1 and then my flight lead can't get clearance. You can obviously still land the plane but it is immersion breaking.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

I have noticed of late if I switch from running Vaicom Pro in Voice Attack to another profile, and then try to swtich back to Vaicom Pro profile, I then get a message when holding the transmit button :

UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

If I close Voice Attack, and then launch it again, it then launches with Vaicom Pro as the profile and works fine then.

Is this a bug or by design?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

I have noticed of late if I switch from running Vaicom Pro in Voice Attack to another profile, and then try to swtich back to Vaicom Pro profile, I then get a message when holding the transmit button :

UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

If I close Voice Attack, and then launch it again, it then launches with Vaicom Pro as the profile and works fine then.

Is this a bug or by design?

The same is happening to me.

Edited by TLTeo

It seems you need to click 'Use Instant Select' on the preferences tab to have Vaicom allow you to select your radio recipient of choice rather than the closest. However, sometimes Vaicom can 'forget' that it's selected so you need to deselect the option, restart VA & Vaicom and then reselect. This is the solution that Sadist_Cain found and it works.

The next problem, and it's a doozy, is how to get Vaicom to recognise the difference between Two and To which it constantly gets wrong by defaulting to To. This is particularly annoying when flying as the second of a two-ship flight and calling "Batumi, Hawg 2-1, Inbound", to which ATC responds to Hawg 1-1 and then my flight lead can't get clearance. You can obviously still land the plane but it is immersion breaking.

Thanks for the tip, but I previously tried them both. It never works. I even tried your suggestion with restarting. It didn't help either.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

Hey guys some comments

The "Version of VoiceAttack" message is a known issue/feature

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

No need to switch profiles with VAICOM PRO, but if you do: restart VA.

Nearest ATC: if you speak too fast, recognition may miss your intended ATC name.

The system then defaults to the currently selected ATC, which is automatically set to the nearest tower at start of the mission.

Try with slowing your pace, listening for the soft recipient confirmation blip before finishing the ATC command.

@Cain Cheers mate, good to hear :thumbup:

Thanks

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey guys some comments

The "Version of VoiceAttack" message is a known issue/feature

https://www.vaicompro.com/faq.html

No need to switch profiles with VAICOM PRO, but if you do: restart VA.

Nearest ATC: if you speak too fast, recognition may miss your intended ATC name.

The system then defaults to the currently selected ATC, which is automatically set to the nearest tower at start of the mission.

Try with slowing your pace, listening for the soft recipient confirmation blip before finishing the ATC command.

@Cain Cheers mate, good to hear :thumbup:

Thanks

Thanks Hollywood,

Only time I change profiles is when I am playing another flight sim, I will just make sure I close and then restart Voice Attack afterwoods.

On another note:

The sound one get when depressing the assigned push to talk button - a short burst of static, and then another when the push to talk button is released.

Is that a Vaicom Pro setting, or a Voice Attack setting?

Only reason I ask, is while I get it just fine in DCS with Vaicom Pro, I do not get it in another flight sim - and I was thinking I used to, but not sure. Was wondering how I could get that in my other profile for the other sim.

I have had a look in all the options of VA, and in the manual, but can't seem to find anything on it.

I know it is not Vaicom related, but if anyone has any idea would sure appreciate it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Don If you want you can disable the PTT squelch sound in plugin preferences.

You could then add your own WAV sounds directly to the TX press/release commands in the VA profile.

Grtz

Thanks Hollywood,

No I like the squelch sound and was trying to understand how I could add it to one of my other profiles (that I use for another game), will have a look in the profile and see what I can do.

Don B

Hi Hollywood.

I just purchased the combo pack. I've downloaded the Chatter Pack and the Pro files but there is no .vap or .vax files as per you Installation video on YouTube.

Am I missing something?

Never mind ... I worked it out :)

Edited by CoderX71

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Ok, I found an issue I can't seem to get passed.

When training the system to recognise my voice it doesn't recognise what I'm saying for the following ...

"ATC"

"JTAC"

I'm assuming it is my Aussie accent.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Try just using adding 'Tower' for ATC

For JTAC try using Jay Tack or something similar

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

@Hollywood_315

The VA profile includes voice commands in respect of 'Open the canopy' and 'Close the canopy' so I tried adding the keyboard command RCTRL+C (for MiG-21Bis)

Of course, you will know this was a mistake as this resulted in adding the same keyboard command to everything else in the profile!

So, deleted and returned to the drawing board... I have tried various other things (which I won't bore everyone with) but, can't figure it out :(

How do you add a new voice command to the VA profile which triggers a keyboard command and then add this to the drop-down list in Vaicom Pro for voice training?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Firstly,

Really enjoying this application and in conjunction with my own profile commands its been a fantastic help for my simple set up.

I decided to push the envelope a bit though and set up the import F10 commands. It seemed to work fine until I started getting the error below and noticed its not loading the keywords? I can load them from the configuration panel but I cant nail what is causing it?

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at VAICOM.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()

at VAICOM.Core.Initialize(Object vaProxy)

What is it telling me? I am thinking it might have been when I was training the speech engine and had to teach it to understand me saying JTAC and Humvee using the recording of my pronunciation?

Any help would be appreciated:thumbup:

Firstly,

Really enjoying this application and in conjunction with my own profile commands its been a fantastic help for my simple set up.

I decided to push the envelope a bit though and set up the import F10 commands. It seemed to work fine until I started getting the error below and noticed its not loading the keywords? I can load them from the configuration panel but I cant nail what is causing it?

Problems were reported during initialization. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at VAICOM.Server.SetImportedMenusAsCommands()

at VAICOM.Core.Initialize(Object vaProxy)

What is it telling me? I am thinking it might have been when I was training the speech engine and had to teach it to understand me saying JTAC and Humvee using the recording of my pronunciation?

Any help would be appreciated:thumbup:

Ok so its more a case of turn on the debug mode and then search this thread selectively :music_whistling:

Got there in the end and deleting the config and database sub folders in the Vaicom folder in VA resolved the issue.

Still not clear what caused it but hey all good now.

Good stuff

Try just using adding 'Tower' for ATC

For JTAC try using Jay Tack or something similar

Yeah I started using tower instead - ATC is kind of cumbersome when actually using comms.

As for "Jay Tack" so I have to replace the text in the field so the spoken word is what it recognises?

@slicker You can add your own keysend commands to the VA profile directly.

There is a category 'Additional' for that, but you can put them in any category doesn't matter.

VA keysend commands do not involve the plugin so they will not show up in the plugin dropdown list.

@BaLrOg Thanks for the update mate, not quite sure what you had there but good you got things sorted.

@CoderX71 You can edit using the keywords editor: some stuff about it in the manual.

:joystick:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315

Thank you for clarifying - brilliant :thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]