[REPORTED]Steerpoint creation, decimals enter 1 lower then typed

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

It happens in a lot of DCS modules or even simulators beyond DCS. My guess is that it's something like

userInput -> function.convertLLtoXYZ -> store XYZ

retrieve XYZ -> function.convertXYZtoLL -> displayLL

Due to rounding or truncation or whatever this round trip through conversions alters the number slightly.

The only way to be sure that display doesn't change is to store the entered value separately than the converted positional information or fix the conversation process to have enough precision, round nearest instead of truncate, or whatever mathematical prudence makes such errors impossible.

I wonder: Is the six-digit LAT/LON the Hornet can enter more or less accurate than the seven-digit LAT/LON used by the Viper (with it’s tendency to round)?

What about the A-10C? Does it round seven-digit LAT/LON?

(Yes, I know there are proper names for the different coordinates versions, but they escape me at the moment)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• ED Team

I am not sure why, but I have reported, when I get a reply I will pass it on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2