Ingame E-Shop keeps prompting to install Su-33

Worrazen

I have had FC3 since beginning, after the free trials and after I removed all the trial modules, it still keeps asking to install Su-33.

I'm using only one installation, OpenBeta currently.

Edited by Worrazen
title correction

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I don't think you've understood what I meant, or I didn't explain the circumstances completely.

It thinks I have a Su-33 standalone license, but I really never ordered or paid for it, I only ever had FC3, which includes Su-33 airplane but has no relation with the standalone Su-33 module.

That's why it's asking me to install it. There is no "trash icon", because I never installed it.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It thinks I have a Su-33 standalone license, but I really never ordered or paid for it, I only ever had FC3, which includes Su-33 airplane but has no relation with the standalone Su-33 module.

That's why it's asking me to install it. There is no "trash icon", because I never installed it.

The SuperCarrier includes the Su-33 … have you purchased the SC? … if yes, then let it install the Su-33 .. it won't interfere with the FC3.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

FALSE ALARM

Oh ... I guess

Well okay, but it should be noted it actually include another module, in the E-Shop, as opposed to just making the aircraft available to play like FC3 does.

Yes, my module list is in my signature below.

I guess I'll label this solved now.

Edited by Worrazen

Well okay, but it should be noted it actually include another module, in the E-Shop, as opposed to just making the aircraft available to play like FC3 does.

Really? … are you blaming the ED shop for your lack of reading?

t88DSHm.jpg

:mad:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Really? … are you blaming the ED shop for your lack of reading?

t88DSHm.jpg

:mad:

You are misunderstanding that, possibly justified, I'm already past that onto another thing, I didn't explain my thought process.

I knew it earlier, I forgot it, now I looked at the module details and after that I responded with the above suggestion.

But you know me ... I'm a nitpicker, I see a bug everywhere and hop I'm in beta-tester mode yet again. :smartass:

It just says "Su-33 Flanker D fighter" and not "Su-33 for DCS World module" or similar, which is not some terrible disaster, no panic, this was perhaps not foreseen, but it's vague and open to confusion whether it's referring to a playable aircraft asset/cockpit or another module on the E-Shop. There is no mention of "Su-33 for DCS World" in my Order details, the only product is "DCS: Supercarrier". This is probably the first such case, because I bought boundles before and it properly included the boundled modules in the Products list.

With more complicated relationships between modules, this distinction should be further indicated if this kind of practice is used. Similar warnings/indications exist for add-on modules and campaign modules where it says "Requires Another Product", so I'm not inventing anything new with this suggestion.

Currently it can be understood the same way how FC3 module details referr to it, as a playable aircraft asset/cockpit, because you don't get the licenses of the standalone modules when purchasing FC3, FC3 is not a boundle of the standalone modules (Perhaps it should be?) and in general the content/assets aren't necessairly bound only to 1 module or license.

The problem may be that the "Su-33 for DCS World" module isn't properly boundled with "DCS: SuperCarrier" in the website E-Shop logic (front-end?), perhaps it was intended to work like that but didn't went according to plan. The (separate/back-end?) license system seems to works fine because it properly says "You already own the license ..." for "Su-33 for DCS World" module, but that's is exactly how free trial licenses were granted, out of thin air (from our public view). So the "DCS: SuperCarrier" module kind of shadow-grants you the "Su-33 for DCS World" license, it works as intended in terms of playability, but it feels broken or unusual in terms of E-Shop consistency.

Just using plain logic, one way to make this "right", the "Su-33 for DCS World" module should be listed as part of the Order with a 100% discount, with the corrected text in the "DCS: SuperCarrier" module page to indicate you get another boundled module for free.

But perhaps for the future case, many orders are finalized now, probably not worth correcting all of them back and again it's just a documentation issue at this point, and it can aswell work differently from a point onward with the old orders still being left "broken" it probably won't cause any issues.

The free trial licenses are fine, they are shadow-granted out of thin air and once they're over they disappear without a trace, that's probably intended and I agree with it.

Edited by Worrazen

If this is a bug report, I really hope that ED will not waste man-hours into adjusting this matter to your particular taste.